Add rule: Cannot initiate RP while in a vehicle (other than texting)

Talking while in a car to initiate RP is almost impossible, you cannot hear anything people say while they are attempting to talk to you outside their cars, causes a lot of confusion most of the time.  Of course if the person you are RPing with is in the car, then you can clearly hear them.  But if you're doing a drive by, and "attempting" to yell out your window its almost impossible to hear what they say.

Texting while in a car is still RP obviously. 

Edited by Enclave
Ghost0fDawn likes this

You know, that's a great point actually. Obviously from a common sense perspective, most people know that this isn't acceptable since most of us know that you can't really communicate in direct when you're in a vehicle, but after looking around, it isn't explicitly stated anywhere. 

I'll raise that point with the CMs. 

But in the mean time, everybody should bear in mind that when you initiate with someone, you're responsible for making sure you do so in a way that they're able to understand. So as precautionary measure, never attempt to initiate via direct while you're in a vehicle. Otherwise the other person is likely to have a pretty convincing case for RDM if they decide to report it. So for now, just err on the side of caution. 

Enclave, Scott and Sneaky like this
56 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I believe when people are in the back of an offroad, you can hear them clearly.  But passenger seat for instance, you can not.  All for this for seats where you can't hear them anyways, but don't ruin drive bys!

Maybe if the person they're talking to is on foot and the car is off. Car to car is very improbable. 

3 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I believe when people are in the back of an offroad, you can hear them clearly.  But passenger seat for instance, you can not.  All for this for seats where you can't hear them anyways, but don't ruin drive bys!

Well let's be honest, it's highly unlikely that someone could initiate, give adequate response time and then proceed to successfully shoot someone all in one fluid drive-by. I mean, maybe if they were going really slow. But for now, I'd say your better off texting them. Or better still, calling them. 

1 hour ago, JonSnow said:

How about getting rid of texting as a form of RP ?  Or maybe when texting someone it has to be you who kills them not your whole gang.

I would say yes, but people can ignore your phone call thus making the only way to initiate being text for moving vehicles or helis.

1 hour ago, Hiraku said:

Below

Obviously just wants gang initiation removed

What I just don't understand is why can your gang members be on the other side of the map and they say hey can you text so and so to do x, y and z. Because you are too lazy to do it yourself. IMO asking someone to text for you is failed RP. Texting in general is fail RP really...

Just now, JonSnow said:

What I just don't understand is why can your gang members be on the other side of the map and they say hey can you text so and so to do x, y and z. Because you are too lazy to do it yourself. IMO asking someone to text for you is failed RP. Texting in general is fail RP really...

Actually, its normally because texting and driving or texting and flying is fucking hard so you have someone else do it for you.

Just now, Hiraku said:

Actually, its normally because texting and driving or texting and flying is fucking hard so you have someone else do it for you.

Understandable, texting for initiation cuts interaction with players in half. And in a RP setting texting is just cutting the corner to RP anyways you can say whatever your little heart desires. But clearly you are not understanding the concept behind it all.  

26 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Understandable, texting for initiation cuts interaction with players in half. And in a RP setting texting is just cutting the corner to RP anyways you can say whatever your little heart desires. But clearly you are not understanding the concept behind it all.  

If the concept behind texting wasnt to allow players to initiate combat remotely paratus wouldve changed the mechanic a long time ago.

11 hours ago, Buckwalter said:

Well let's be honest, it's highly unlikely that someone could initiate, give adequate response time and then proceed to successfully shoot someone all in one fluid drive-by. I mean, maybe if they were going really slow. But for now, I'd say your better off texting them. Or better still, calling them. 

Even then, in the back of an off-road it is still hard to hear players.