A change we recently made

bamf

Earlier this week we quietly made a change to the servers in hopes of eliminating the mass BE kicks from the servers.  It's been 4 evenings of play now since we have had a mass BE kick on the servers.  We may have tweaked too far, and are looking for the sweet spot - but I believe we have finally found the issue and I really hope this is behind us now.  

Fbz8v9l.png

Now just fix the server lag, server 1 was taking a shit a few hours ago.

None of us were kicked but it got to the point where all the cops just logged off because we couldn't access the wanted list or even seize items off of a suspect.

After a while I just said fuck it and left @Marzoh restrained in Athira HQ.

Edited by Kettles
Just now, Kettles said:

None of us were kicked but it got to the point where all the cops just logged off because we couldn't access the wanted list or even seize items off of a suspect.

That's because the Admins and APD higher-ups don't like you. When you become liked again, it will stop. 

4 minutes ago, Kettles said:

Like I said, we may have tweaked it too far at first. We are making incremental changes to address that lag problem -in fact we made a change to S1following that incident tonight. 

BlackShot and Kettles like this
7 minutes ago, bamf said:

Like I said, we may have tweaked it too far at first. We are making incremental changes to address that lag problem -in fact we made a change to S1following that incident tonight. 

Server 2 has been having that lag shit happen a lot recently to the point where people just log to 1 or 3. Doesnt crash but may aswell have as its unplayable.

Kettles and Atra like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Server 2 has been having that lag shit happen a lot recently to the point where people just log to 1 or 3. Doesnt crash but may aswell have as its unplayable.

We tweaked S2 last night to address that, and it hasn’t happened since then. S1 was our control server, and hadn’t received the latest change until about 3 hours ago.  

10 hours ago, bamf said:

Earlier this week we quietly made a change to the servers in hopes of eliminating the mass BE kicks from the servers.  It's been 4 evenings of play now since we have had a mass BE kick on the servers.  We may have tweaked too far, and are looking for the sweet spot - but I believe we have finally found the issue and I really hope this is behind us now.  

Fbz8v9l.png

Good job devs!