Change log 8.1.6

bamf

14 minutes ago, bamf said:

There are some database tweaks that have to happen before I deploy this, so it's likely to happen tomorrow AM.  This is again mainly a performance tweaking patch, but it had a few other things in it as well.  We had to finish testing all of these before we could begin working on the rebel talent tree - but that should be the next actual patch you see (minus hotfixes as necessary to this patch).  

That being said, here are the patch notes:  

• The winning gang from the most recent gang wars has received a special in game title (it's colored too)
  • APD Prowlers now have cop lights
  • Gangs that hold Zaros will now receive 10% more money when selling gold bars and banded bank notes when robbing the Bank of Altis
  • Achievements should save more reliably now (are you Prestigious?)
  • Re-wrote how gang members are tallied at server startup.  This should reduce server restart time by a considerable amount.  
  • Spikestrips shouldn't fly into the sky now.  Deploying them will have a 1 second delay (with no progress bar though).
  • SWAT has been disabled pending the system being heavily optimized
  • Shanks should work as intended
  • Storing vehicles in your garage when you have a blown up vehicle near the garage will now actually store your good vehicle (while ignoring the blown up vehicle)
  • The last bits of Arma2Net have been removed from DB queries
  • Many, many performance tweaks
  • If your prestige or honor are maxed out, you will now just be told it is maximized when you earn more
  • Fixed several exploits and bugs

Do something with this please.

4f6246505ac4a84311a54838b36e3916.jpg

Haych, Silver-Spy, Squirtle and 5 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

Is this a reported bug?  B/c I'm kind of wondering what you mean...

@Akeelagi told me it would be in a recent update.  I have 2 houses in telos on s3 for scotch and sometimes some crates will show and some will not and its pissing me off because I spent so much on crates to get them in and I cant do scotch there because it is unreliable to stay

G.O.A.T likes this
Just now, CrispySliick said:

@Akeelagi told me it would be in a recent update.  I have 2 houses in telos on s3 for scotch and sometimes some crates will show and some will not and its pissing me off because I spent so much on crates to get them in and I cant do scotch there because it is unreliable to stay

That’s what you get for listening to Akee. Lol

Just now, bamf said:

No one is going to comment that Zaros is actually useful now?  Damn.  It came straight from a community suggestion too.  

You have no idea how happy I am about that.  All my rat gangs that cap Zaros give me a purpose.  I feel for the cops that see my 20 rook bangars at a bank whilst I sell my banded bank notes

GravL likes this
20 minutes ago, bamf said:

It was only really small things still using it - and mostly during startup before players were in the game.  But it's done now...

If this patch doesn't help that much with performance it might be worth considering 1 server to hard restarts only under a trial period of one week to see if it performs any better. The results can then be compared to the other servers. This poll got a decent amount of attention bamf I really think you should look at it and give it a shot, considering it is something that would be so easy to revert.