Over the last week, I've been thinking about improvements that need to be made with EMS. The main one would be savable inventory. There's no such thing as having a debit card as a medic because it'll disappear the next time you respawn or rejoin the game. As well as having other medical resources (GPS, etc.). The second would be better rules on killing EMS. Countless times I've been ordered to put my hands up, but get no longer than a second to react while I'm reviving someone. Just stricter rules. The final would be just brighter lights on the IDAP Van/Ambulance.

Thank you,

Woods

Xehons, Nubis, BeyondRaw and 3 others like this
21 hours ago, Haych said:

Tbh we wrote a detailed upgrade system for EMT a long time ago, it wasn't really acknowledged even though majority of the community liked it 

I think I remember this post, it was discussed heavily between the devs and the admins. The consensus was that in order to make the medic faction relevant you would need to nerf a lot civilian defib mechanics in order to even make the medic viable. The devs feel that one of the main differences between our server and others is civilians having access to defibs with low penalty to using them.

I agree that there should be some minor changes or added content added for medics but I don't feel a complete overhaul of the entire faction is needed.

Haych, Silver-Spy, WiIIiam and 1 other like this
1 hour ago, Nick Woods said:

Over the last week, I've been thinking about improvements that need to be made with EMS. The main one would be savable inventory. There's no such thing as having a debit card as a medic because it'll disappear the next time you respawn or rejoin the game. As well as having other medical resources (GPS, etc.). The second would be better rules on killing EMS. Countless times I've been ordered to put my hands up, but get no longer than a second to react while I'm reviving someone. Just stricter rules. The final would be just brighter lights on the IDAP Van/Ambulance.

Thank you,

Woods

Medics will never get save inventory, Imagine a group doing a bank. Just hand him the money. Shoot him in the face. He will respawn and still have the money from the bank. Same idea with drugs/fed gold bars. Pretty OP if you ask me

Edited by Patato
15 minutes ago, Patato said:

Medics will never get save inventory, Imagine a group doing a bank. Just hand him the money. Shoot him in the face. He will respawn and still have the money from the bank. Same idea with drugs/fed gold bars. Pretty OP if you ask me

I see where you’re coming from. Maybe there’s a work around for it... 

3 hours ago, Nick Woods said:

Thank you,

Woods

Hello,

Thank you for your response, I would like to touch on a few things here.

We would like to keep the medic slot open for any player to use, so as far as whitelisting going. It's not in the works. You are spawned in with some medical supplies (enough to get you started). If you would like the use of the GPS, you will need to purchase this item after you die. 

As far as the rule situation. If you have someone who is killing you without time to comply, you can submit video evidence in our player report section. But I will suggest that you be careful where you run to revive players. Walking into the middle of an active firefight can have deadly consequences. What are you looking to accomplish with brighter lights? 

Nick Woods and Silver-Spy like this
25 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hello,

We would like to keep the medic slot open for any player to use, so as far as whitelisting going. It's not in the works. You are spawned in with some medical supplies (enough to get you started). If you would like the use of the GPS, you will need to purchase this item after you die. 

As far as the rule situation. If you have someone who is killing you without time to comply, you can submit video evidence in our player report section. But I will suggest that you be careful where you run to revive players. Walking into the middle of an active firefight can have deadly consequences. What are you looking to accomplish with brighter lights? 

Can you touch on any information as far as the developing of the medic msg system such as #m

Medics Y should save, medics should get a talent to get access to different types of vests from tactical to carrier lite, if the person the medic is reviving is in a redzone the medic should get 2k for a revive as the medic is risking their life. Medics should get payed for using all items such as bloodbags, adrenalines, and painkillers. Preferably 2x the amount they payed for each. 

.Casper, Donald and Nick Woods like this
47 minutes ago, BananaGoatPC said:

Medics Y should save, medics should get a talent to get access to different types of vests from tactical to carrier lite, if the person the medic is reviving is in a redzone the medic should get 2k for a revive as the medic is risking their life. Medics should get payed for using all items such as bloodbags, adrenalines, and painkillers. Preferably 2x the amount they payed for each. 

3 hours ago, Patato said:

44 minutes ago, Patato said:

Just lock the medics inventory from being able to pick up anything besides medic related materials, redgull, and food/water. 

Nick Woods likes this
5 hours ago, BananaGoatPC said:

1++++++++ 

12 hours ago, Reapered said:

I think I remember this post, it was discussed heavily between the devs and the admins. The consensus was that in order to make the medic faction relevant you would need to nerf a lot civilian defib mechanics in order to even make the medic viable. The devs feel that one of the main differences between our server and others is civilians having access to defibs with low penalty to using them.

I agree that their should be some minor changes or added content added for medics but I don't feel a complete overhaul of the entire faction is needed.

Honestly, I agree with the decision making. The reason Asylum is what it is, is the whole no NLR, Defib mechanic that makes the combat fun.

EMT just needs some minor improvements to money making and some small unique features so its more populated and made use of around the map, rather than Kavala.

Nick Woods, Azeh and .Casper like this
10 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hello,

The lights on the Ambulance (Van) are not the brightest. At night, when I'm on a call, I'd like to be visible. Especially when it's in a rural area. The beacons/emergency lights on the pickup are very bright and can be seen from far away. You should be able to see the lights shine onto buildings for instance.

Just now, TNT said:

No need for server code. Take a look at fn_setupEVH.sqf and ..core\functions\fn_filterChat.sqf

it's your time to shine @Gen. Henry Arnold, write dat code! :)

That's what the pictures are of. Server code also needs to be modified though, the client side is easy and already done, already went through this with Gnashes.

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold
Nick Woods likes this
59 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

That's what the pictures are of. Server code also needs to be modified though, the client side is easy and already done, already went through this with Gnashes.

What about this..

I believe that medics should get more money cause they are saving people’s loadputs, and risking their load out to be killed, robbed, heli chopped. I’d also like to touch on more medic vehicles maybe a medic orca, hunter, but can only buy with medic prestige

4 minutes ago, WilliamIsa said:

What about this..

I believe that medics should get more money cause they are saving people’s loadputs, and risking their load out to be killed, robbed, heli chopped. I’d also like to touch on more medic vehicles maybe a medic orca, hunter, but can only buy with medic prestige

I had bought a heli before (EMT) and it needed to be flipped. I flipped it and it blew up. 22k gone. As a full time medic, it’s still hard just to get that much, the original money for it was given to me. And it doesn’t response or have insurance.

14 minutes ago, Nick Woods said:

I had bought a heli before (EMT) and it needed to be flipped. I flipped it and it blew up. 22k gone. As a full time medic, it’s still hard just to get that much, the original money for it was given to me. And it doesn’t response or have insurance.

Yea I know not only that we should be able to get new helis such as helcat, and orca and a hunter and you can only get them once you have a certain about of prestige 

Nick Woods likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, AspiringCald said:

Only issue with that, is they down and place restraints on you, to where respawning is not an option. Then they drag you around town and eventually down/kill you again. Thats the issue with respawning

alt+F4