Events DED?

TRAV

3 hours ago, Mason Statham said:

Tbf I've seen events happen just that there not put down here... Would be nice and make events more popular if there was prior warning.

@Ba-KA and I have been going back and forth about posting events on the forms.  

Posting events on the forms: 

The PRO is that everyone will know what the event is and can organize themselves....(Maybe)?  Gives people advance notice.

The CON is that We will have A LOT more people then the average event in-game.  This makes it harder because most the time its just @Ba-KA and I, and with server stability the way it is, its hard.  People are toxic...and can plan out being toxic

In-Game Events:

The PRO is that most the time is when we do civ vs cop events its been pretty even.  We just send an admin message and people just show up.  Little planning. 

The CON is that people are toxic, don't listen, and like to cause problems.  Sometimes, very rarely we get fewer then 5 people show up. Much less organized.

*This is not meant to be an exhausted list rather just to hit some major PROs and Cons, and that to let you know that @Ba-KA and I have been debating in regards to the events we have been hosting.

1 hour ago, Deazy Johnson said:

@Ba-KA and I have been going back and forth about posting events on the forms.  

Posting events on the forms: 

The PRO is that everyone will know what the event is and can organize themselves....(Maybe)?  Gives people advance notice.

The CON is that We will have A LOT more people then the average event in-game.  This makes it harder because most the time its just @Ba-KA and I, and with server stability the way it is, its hard.  People are toxic...and can plan out being toxic

In-Game Events:

The PRO is that most the time is when we do civ vs cop events its been pretty even.  We just send an admin message and people just show up.  Little planning. 

The CON is that people are toxic, don't listen, and like to cause problems.  Sometimes, very rarely we get fewer then 5 people show up. Much less organized.

*This is not meant to be an exhausted list rather just to hit some major PROs and Cons, and that to let you know that @Ba-KA and I have been debating in regards to the events we have been hosting.

You could trial how posting it on the forums go and if you get people trolling the event just be harsh on them. Set out clear rules from the start and stick to them. This is how most training officers run things and it works out well for them.

Also if you ever see me in game or anything I'm always happy to give a hand with anything I can.

1 hour ago, Mason Statham said:

You could trial how posting it on the forums go and if you get people trolling the event just be harsh on them. Set out clear rules from the start and stick to them. This is how most training officers run things and it works out well for them.

Also if you ever see me in game or anything I'm always happy to give a hand with anything I can.

@Ba-KA and I are going through which events would work best in this regard.  

Comparing this to an APD training is comparing apples and oranges. 

People attend APD training's to learn something / afk so that they can just get corporal.  (They care about their ranks so they don't wanna mess up)

Events people go to have fun / win money and is 80% un-whitelisted participants.  Well...that being said the amount of whitelisted people who are banned for messing up events is 50/50.  People get into group think during events and think they can hide behind the actions of the many or that their intentions were not to mess up the event but to rectify a situation for which they believe they have been wronged, which will start a chain reaction.  It doesn't matter how many times Myself or Ba-Ka say not to kill someone and don't be an idiot, there is always that "special snowflake"  that thinks they can get away with it.  

My biggest fear is that I set a time and place, someone comes in and just vests everyone..........or worse.  Even with knowing that they will be punished, in their eyes what they have done will be worth it.

Setting up events takes up a lot of time and energy.  I myself don't always have fun running them because of how toxic the community can be/is during events.  Even when trying to talk to cops to organize them to do a cop vs civ, they always have something to complain about, there is always that one person who wants to fucking sing while I'm trying to explain what is going on, ask me why the server is taking a shit, or why he/she was banned for shooting someone at the event, or can we do this other event, it is sooooooo much better and so on and so forth.

The civs have their own piece of toxicity they bring to the events and some of it overlaps with why cops are toxic, but mostly just yelling, screaming racist shit hoping the staff never finds them in the mobs of 30 people, talking shit (which is funny as hell), trying to find a way to be annoying, running around, and simply not listening.  

In the past week I have run a lot of events, during those events I think I have banned 3 people...only one was lifted.  This is more annoying because now, instead of setting up the event, I need to open up another tab to ban that person, write a quick and accurate note so I know why I banned them, and then continue on.  

3 hours ago, Deazy Johnson said:

@Ba-KA and I are going through which events would work best in this regard.  

Comparing this to an APD training is comparing apples and oranges. 

People attend APD training's to learn something / afk so that they can just get corporal.  (They care about their ranks so they don't wanna mess up)

Events people go to have fun / win money and is 80% un-whitelisted participants.  Well...that being said the amount of whitelisted people who are banned for messing up events is 50/50.  People get into group think during events and think they can hide behind the actions of the many or that their intentions were not to mess up the event but to rectify a situation for which they believe they have been wronged, which will start a chain reaction.  It doesn't matter how many times Myself or Ba-Ka say not to kill someone and don't be an idiot, there is always that "special snowflake"  that thinks they can get away with it.  

My biggest fear is that I set a time and place, someone comes in and just vests everyone..........or worse.  Even with knowing that they will be punished, in their eyes what they have done will be worth it.

Setting up events takes up a lot of time and energy.  I myself don't always have fun running them because of how toxic the community can be/is during events.  Even when trying to talk to cops to organize them to do a cop vs civ, they always have something to complain about, there is always that one person who wants to fucking sing while I'm trying to explain what is going on, ask me why the server is taking a shit, or why he/she was banned for shooting someone at the event, or can we do this other event, it is sooooooo much better and so on and so forth.

The civs have their own piece of toxicity they bring to the events and some of it overlaps with why cops are toxic, but mostly just yelling, screaming racist shit hoping the staff never finds them in the mobs of 30 people, talking shit (which is funny as hell), trying to find a way to be annoying, running around, and simply not listening.  

In the past week I have run a lot of events, during those events I think I have banned 3 people...only one was lifted.  This is more annoying because now, instead of setting up the event, I need to open up another tab to ban that person, write a quick and accurate note so I know why I banned them, and then continue on.  

That sucks that alot of people are that way. Hopefully you can find some way around keeping events from going to shit.