Jail Times

Jail Time Reduction  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should jail times exceed 15 minutes?

• Long Jail Times
    • Shorter Jail Times

I know im not the only one, that thinks that when you get sent to jail for almost an hour for a 40k bounty is complete shit. When you get sent to jail for an extended period of time it makes you dread going to jail and usually causes people to just flat out not play for the rest of the day. About one week ago the jail times and bail was completely bugged out. Jail times max was 5 minutes for any bounty and 1500 dollar bounty. The system in which your jail time lets you watch nearly a small movie is completely ridiculous. No one wants to sit in jail for an hour because they racked up a decent bounty. Jail times that do not exceed 15 minutes would allow those who fight cartels and police to get back out there and start having fun again. The less time you can have fun in this game, the faster the community dies. Asylum is near death and allowing these shorter jail times would bring back gang life in a small way when you recover from a stupid police cartel raid or DarkKnights shit precinct rules on NLR and Evading Arrest.

WiIIiam and Xehons like this

Here is the thing you gotta realize on the other side of the scale (Coming from the mouth of a "Rebel"

1. More Rdmers / People willing to lash out for no fucking reason given that the maximum sentence will be 5-15 mins

2. Cops have no chance to rp at all, if i'm a rebel with a 50k bounty, Talking it down could really mean something and I could pay my way out through a ticket/rp. But now, I don't give a fuck about respect anymore and just yell "Just give me a ticket and send me to jail idc anymore"

3. The amount of money this brings into the eco from both of those is ALOT. Bounty hunters/Cops/People with super huge bounties

Kernikov, Atra, Twinkie and 1 other like this
3 minutes ago, Bunni said:

if max jail time was 15 minutes there would be no point in having the options to pay bail, request trial, or press plates

Or even paying a ticket for that matter. Everyone would just choose jail. Theres already an option for you poor folk out there that dont want to spend 40 min in jail, its called parole. If youre bounty is high enough to not be eligible thats youre fault, anyone under 100k can get it and 90% of cops will give it to you if you ask.

15 minutes ago, Randy. said:

Or even paying a ticket for that matter. Everyone would just choose jail. Theres already an option for you poor folk out there that dont want to spend 40 min in jail, its called parole. If youre bounty is high enough to not be eligible thats youre fault, anyone under 100k can get it and 90% of cops will give it to you if you ask.

and over 100k you can just do a trial by combat and probably win 

Silver-Spy likes this
3 hours ago, Tom Kappa said:

Here is the thing you gotta realize on the other side of the scale (Coming from the mouth of a "Rebel"

1. More Rdmers / People willing to lash out for no fucking reason given that the maximum sentence will be 5-15 mins

2. Cops have no chance to rp at all, if i'm a rebel with a 50k bounty, Talking it down could really mean something and I could pay my way out through a ticket/rp. But now, I don't give a fuck about respect anymore and just yell "Just give me a ticket and send me to jail idc anymore"

3. The amount of money this brings into the eco from both of those is ALOT. Bounty hunters/Cops/People with super huge bounties

I don’t understand the reason about the economy. Cops don’t get a bounty collection at all? Making it meaningless for tickets either way. This isn’t a heavy RP server. The most of it you’ve probably ever gotten was hands up or die. 

Edited by [VPN] Rake
Grammar
2 hours ago, Bunni said:

if max jail time was 15 minutes there would be no point in having the options to pay bail, request trial, or press plates

or accept parole, no point in being tracked for an hour if you can go to jail and be done in 15 minutes

Being done in 15 let’s you not sit in jail away from playing the game. Parole is so stupid most people break it. Bail is pretty dumb too anyone with a high ticket won’t pay it. Trials are scuffed because they don’t work half the time and the other half is just Kavala Rats trying to buy another rook with Jury money 

2 hours ago, massi said:

and over 100k you can just do a trial by combat and probably win 

I have requested trial by combat over 10 times and never got granted it

3 hours ago, Akeelagi said:

just dont get caught. simple.

For a support team member, you couldn’t come up with a better argument? Going to jail is inevitable. Any bored senior apd with some partners on will go after any good bounty in full force. Good luck not getting caught forever. 

@[VPN] Rake

Anytime i have gone to jail in the last 3 years 66eac912d222fd4a995f5895ac3ca435.png i use this chart to determine whether i'm pressing plates or AFKing (Or back when it worked requesting trial)

2ad2074c5c5bc976774ee55d44a4ac5a.png

On Asylum jail length is determined based on which charges you have and not your bounty amount. ((Manslaughter is 8mins))

Scenario, You get caught with a 25k bounty consisting of 5 Manslaughter the jail time is going to be about 40mins. Luckily we get our finest prison uniform on and press plates for 10mins and work off our 25k bounty. Which means we save 30mins. To put that in perspective every-time you kill someone its going to cost you 2mins pressing plates.

2mins pressing plates sounds like a pretty good deal for killing someone, considering they lose all gear  + Y inventory.

This is also without interaction with APD. Kill someone > put stuff in house > turn in to court house.

You can easily mitigate jail time all together by bothering to find a cop and get parole/reduced tickets by turning yourself in. Everyone values time and money differently but personally i don't bother pressing plates once my bounty is above 50-75k because pressing for 30mins only saves me 10mins.

Final Point

I think jail time maximums are fine where they are however i think that the time spent for some charges can be obscenely long.

As much as this is a RP Community, At its heart the game-mode we took and modified was made by Tonic. The game he was making and envisioned was cops and robbers. Skirt the law to make money then turn around and rob end game objectives like the bank/fed. In his mind It is a punishment to get caught, and that was the whole point of the game he was making (cops and robbers). So when @Akeelagi says "Don't get caught" it isn't just a quip its the whole point. DONT GET CAUGHT that is the purpose of the game, If you get caught you LOST. Back when i started on other life communities their was no role-play, if you were "Good" you said GF in chat then didn't say a word to the cops and got sent to jail then you immediately paid your bounty at the sign and got back to committing crimes. As an RP community we try to inject role-play and we encourage it by rewarding good role-play with lower bail ticket prices and other options. But at the same time civilians need to recognize that if you have a 100k bounty and you run from the cops and we catch you, your probably not going to be able to RP all the way out of it. RPly if you kill 5 people, you probably should go to jail. 45mins? No probably not but 10mins pressing plates doesn't seem unreasonable to me. 

Edited by Patato
Donald, .Casper and Sikorsky like this
1 hour ago, Patato said:

@[VPN] Rake

Anytime i have gone to jail in the last 3 years 66eac912d222fd4a995f5895ac3ca435.png i use this chart to determine whether i'm pressing plates or AFKing (Or back when it worked requesting trial)

2ad2074c5c5bc976774ee55d44a4ac5a.png

On Asylum jail length is determined based on which charges you have and not your bounty amount. ((Manslaughter is 8mins))

Scenario, You get caught with a 25k bounty consisting of 5 Manslaughter the jail time is going to be about 40mins. Luckily we get our finest prison uniform on and press plates for 10mins and work off our 25k bounty. Which means we save 30mins. To put that in perspective every-time you kill someone its going to cost you 2mins pressing plates.

2mins pressing plates sounds like a pretty good deal for killing someone, considering they lose all gear  + Y inventory.

This is also without interaction with APD. Kill someone > put stuff in house > turn in to court house.

You can easily mitigate jail time all together by bothering to find a cop and get parole/reduced tickets by turning yourself in. Everyone values time and money differently but personally i don't bother pressing plates once my bounty is above 50-75k because pressing for 30mins only saves me 10mins.

Final Point

I think jail time maximums are fine where they are however i think that the time spent for some charges can be obscenely long.

As much as this is a RP Community, At its heart the game-mode we took and modified was made by Tonic. The game he was making and envisioned was cops and robbers. Skirt the law to make money then turn around and rob end game objectives like the bank/fed. In his mind It is a punishment to get caught, and that was the whole point of the game he was making (cops and robbers). So when @Akeelagi says "Don't get caught" it isn't just a quip its the whole point. DONT GET CAUGHT that is the purpose of the game, If you get caught you LOST. Back when i started on other life communities their was no role-play, if you were "Good" you said GF in chat then didn't say a word to the cops and got sent to jail then you immediately paid your bounty at the sign and got back to committing crimes. As an RP community we try to inject role-play and we encourage it by rewarding good role-play with lower bail ticket prices and other options. But at the same time civilians need to recognize that if you have a 100k bounty and you run from the cops and we catch you, your probably not going to be able to RP all the way out of it. RPly if you kill 5 people, you probably should go to jail. 45mins? No probably not but 10mins pressing plates doesn't seem unreasonable to me. 

Image result for what he said meme

Kate and Patato like this
6 hours ago, [VPN] Rake said:

I have requested trial by combat over 10 times and never got granted it

Weird, maybe you dont know the rules behind it? You need to be non evasive non aggressive to the APD for 60 min and have a bounty over 100k, if you dont have both of those they'll deny it. Most higherups i know are more than happy to do a tbc if youre not a dick, because they dont happen very often.  

Edited by Randy.
7 hours ago, [VPN] Rake said:

I don’t understand the reason about the economy. Cops don’t get a bounty collection at all? Making it meaningless for tickets either way. This isn’t a heavy RP server. The most of it you’ve probably ever gotten was hands up or die. 

Cops don't get a bounty collection????? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I wish that was how it worked. I would rather pay the Courthouse / Local bounty hunters than the cops most times tbh

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:19 PM, [VPN] Rake said:

The less time you can have fun in this game, the faster the community dies. Asylum is near death and allowing these shorter jail times would bring back gang life in a small way when you recover from a stupid police cartel raid or DarkKnights shit precinct rules on NLR and Evading Arrest.

lmfao. You are joking right? The reason this community is dying is because of the stupid mass kicks. Its not because of jail time. I can give you one example of a server that uses high jail times and they have a thriving community. In fact, everybody from our servers go to that server because of no mass kicks and hackers are rare over there. OLYMPUS! You can go to jail, which I have many of times, up to 80 mins. The reason why I hate Olympus because the admins over there are egotistic little fuck boys and are corrupt as hell over there. Asylum is the only server that has their own chain of command, apd, server rules and apd rules, and features fucking right on the money. The only problem that Asylum is facing is because of the mass kicks. Instead of finding lame ass reasons to bitch why don't you help the community and be smarter. Oh, and like @Akeelagi said, "DON'T GET CAUGHT!". Be smart, tactical, and make sure what you are doing is not just throwing away money but is memorable and profitable. Have a good day! ;)