Random Crashes - No BSOD or Dump File

Gatorade

Quick question, I started getting random crashes lastnight on a pc I built about 2 weeks ago. Up until last night no issue's , I don't have anything overclocked other then having the ram set at its actual speed with the voltage on auto (Worked fine the entire 2 weeks so I doubt its that). The only thing ive done recently was update an onboard graphics driver about two days ago from intels website.

- It crashed about 3 times consequitively playing WoW last night - Didn't touch it until today where it crashed about 20 minutes into googling stuff. Since then ive tried some benchmarks and running wow again and it hasn't crashed which confuses the fuck out of me.

- I can't get  a BSOD or dump file for whatever fucking reason. I have it set to generate a small dump in the normal path its supposed to go (Which there's no minidump folder there).

- I can't product the crash at will - ive ran a CPU Stress test, a GPU benchmark test, memtest86 (Ran about an hour for the 6 tests and passed).

Im out of idea's here if anyone knows it would be appreciated.

Edited by Sugarfoot
Just now, massi said:

0655951289d979bdaced66b0eedc61fe.png

try making it automatic?

Yep did that and tried it via command line. Still didn't give me a BSOD or a dump file. Since the issue randomly occurs I can't re-create it at will either so that makes it even more frustrating when trying to see if I can get the BSOD for information.

3 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Yep did that and tried it via command line. Still didn't give me a BSOD or a dump file. Since the issue randomly occurs I can't re-create it at will either so that makes it even more frustrating when trying to see if I can get the BSOD for information.

what does the bsod say

Just now, massi said:

what does the bsod say

Can't get a BSOD or a dump file thats my real issue. This shit happens intermittently so its hard to reproroduce and when it does happen I have no information to go off of.

I would be tempted to just return all of the parts to amazon but I don't think that would fly since I have used them

2 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Can't get a BSOD or a dump file thats my real issue. This shit happens intermittently so its hard to reproroduce and when it does happen I have no information to go off of.

I would be tempted to just return all of the parts to amazon but I don't think that would fly since I have used them

but when you get a BSOD you get a stop code

Image result for blue screen of death windows 10 critical process died

do you know what it is? it's quite important, but obviously a dump file would be nice as well

Edited by massi
Just now, massi said:

so you're just getting crashes? what happens exactly? does it just turn off or does it freeze? and it doesn't just occur on WoW right you said it crashed while you were googling stuff as well

It essentially shutsdown and restarts the same as it would if you had hit a bsod except for whatever reason it doesn't portray that bsod. It had done it three times on WoW primarily because IO was in the middle of doing  a dungeon and I was trying to get back in. About 20 mionutes into using the pc googling stuff today it did it again. Since then about an hour and a half I haven't got the issue and ive ran WoW and some benchmarks so im puzzled

Just now, Twinkie said:

Do you have another PSU? Could be a faulty one?

Yes I do but I can't reproduct the issue at will so its hard to test

Just now, Steve said:

Did you try re-seating your ram?

No , I have not done that yet. I'll  reseat the video card and the ram later if it crashes again. For now I rolled back a driver that I updated and im throwing some more tests at it

- The only possible thing I can think of was that I installed an update for the onboard graphics on saturday and played all day fine, then played all day fine till sunday night.

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

No , I have not done that yet. I'll  reseat the video card and the ram later if it crashes again. For now I rolled back a driver that I updated and im throwing some more tests at it

- The only possible thing I can think of was that I installed an update for the onboard graphics on saturday and played all day fine, then played all day fine till sunday night.

I've had a few issues in the past 3 months or so where my ram usage basically flat lines in game. Normally it would have some movement to it but it wouldn't move it at all. I was also getting very similar crashes to what you were getting.

1 minute ago, bobzen said:

did you set the ram with the xmp profile?

also what motherboard and ram do you have?

Even if its not on the QVL, it shouldn't matter. That's only for detecting ram and making sure the AXMP will work. 

Edited by Twinkie
Just now, bobzen said:

did you set the ram with the xmp profile?

I used the bios software with ASUS Rog and set the ram from 16xx mhz to 30xx mhz. (Motherboard comes with all ram at stock at 1600 something for this MB so I set it to the value the ram was advertised at.). I also left the voltage for the ram as auto since it gave me that option.

I haven't had any issue's for two weeks where I use the computer very very often. If I could just get a god damn dump file or BSOD code I could tell you more

5 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

I used the bios software with ASUS Rog and set the ram from 16xx mhz to 30xx mhz. (Motherboard comes with all ram at stock at 1600 something for this MB so I set it to the value the ram was advertised at.). I also left the voltage for the ram as auto since it gave me that option.

I haven't had any issue's for two weeks where I use the computer very very often. If I could just get a god damn dump file or BSOD code I could tell you more

You could try to download bluescreenview and see if it creates a dump file. Worked for me before

Edited by bobzen
5 minutes ago, ^Connor_K said:

Power supply?

Thats what Im thinking. 

Its triggered by some hardware that doesn't tell the OS "oh hey btw, this fucked up, stop working please"  thus no dump.  Power may be inconsistent on your power supply.

However you also said that you ran stress test programs which would ask for the most possible out of your power supply.  

Next steps

Reseat everything that you can (RAM, video card, power cables).

Check your temperatures while gaming, compare and contrast gaming vs idle.

Check your device manager in win 10 and make sure everything is accounted for and nothing has a question mark.

Default your bios.  Kill any changes you made previously.

Repair or reinstall windows

If that fails - return to sender.