Laptop Recommendation

skimancole

Hey guys my laptop has recently broken and I'm in need of a new laptop for school and for gaming. If anyone has any recommendations or advice on a new laptop for me to possibly buy that'd be dope!

I'm looking for:

Slim design (not a huge 50 pound weight)

Able to play Arma 3 of course (not my main pc)

Up to date specs

Everything else is up in the air tbh ^_^

Thanks

Depending on what you do for school I bought this model if I remember correctly a few years ago:

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-T430-Processor-Professional-Refurbished/dp/B01LXCLDRI/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_147_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AJCCRNQYMWP142NP0FHB

I can't find my receipt anywhere but im almost certain that is it. Its medium in weight and its relatively large

Edited by Sugarfoot
Silver-Spy likes this

I second the macbook air suggestion. Apple can literally do no wrong. Apple is the produces the most technilogically advanced electronics known to man. Only poor people and losers buy things other than from apple. Always get the most expensive upgrades when you buy or else it wont be as good. I know what your thinking. WHy should I pay $250 more to get the additional 50 GB of harddrive space? I know it makes no sense but do it anyway. Another thing. DO NOT buy used or refurbished, that option is for African children. Buy new and nothikng else. Also buy the latest model every 6 months.

william, Naz, Sikorsky and 2 others like this
4 minutes ago, Kate said:

I second the macbook air suggestion. Apple can literally do no wrong. Apple is the produces the most technilogically advanced electronics known to man. Only poor people and losers buy things other than from apple. Always get the most expensive upgrades when you buy or else it wont be as good. I know what your thinking. WHy should I pay $250 more to get the additional 50 GB of harddrive space? I know it makes no sense but do it anyway. Another thing. DO NOT buy used or refurbished, that option is for African children. Buy new and nothikng else. Also buy the latest model every 6 months.

:huh:

I dont recommend laptops which use is gaming and work (depending on the work) since normally u don't need a (mid high end) graphics card for a laptop unless you do like visual design and shit. Also processers of laptops are typically 1 generation behind VS pc processors. 

If you do want to get a combo, sugar foot usually does alot of research so he prob knows what he's doing, and 

@Biground always gamed on a laptop at work I believe 

On 7/9/2018 at 7:02 PM, Crasher2003 said:

GL753VE I love it, the 1050Ti works a lot nicer than I expected it to. 

I have an ROG from the same model but different number that runs a 1070, I use that for my work computer but also because I travel sometimes I use it for gaming. I also leave it hooked up to a race simulater with VR so considering I can play VR on a sim I think it should be able to handle Arma 3. HOWEVER under any gpu load this thing gets hot (80-90’s). I had to underclock the gpu and cpu to combat this