Fix the f*cking server

5 minutes ago, Akeelagi said:

very constructive post. constructive indeed.

At least 2 dozen people have given very constructive well thought out and imo pretty practical fucking ideas and shit never changes.

Not trying to be an edgy fuck but would your opinion be different if you didn't have support? Be honest with your self. Don't remove this for derailing, you know very well I'm on topic, I just put you on blast and made you feel uncomfortable.

Edited by Steve
1 minute ago, Steve said:

At least 2 dozen people have given very constructive well thought out and imo pretty practical fucking ideas and shit never changes.

Not trying to be an edgy fuck but would your opinion be different if you didn't have support? Be honest with your self.

i went through this whole "would it be different " stuff when i first got support and no it wouldn't. just because i have support doesn't mean i don't think there are problems or whatever. it just means i don't have to voice them on the forums. i can usually talk to the admins or the devs. its just how it is. if you guys want ill be more vocal about stuff.

Kate likes this
Just now, Akeelagi said:

i went through this whole "would it be different " stuff when i first got support and no it wouldn't. just because i have support doesn't mean i don't think there are problems or whatever. it just means i don't have to voice them on the forums. i can usually talk to the admins or the devs. its just how it is. if you guys want ill be more vocal about stuff.

How about you go ahead and get this server fixed. Shits been happening for over a week and nothing is getting done. As much as you might say there is, I think FORTNITE has taken over there minds. 

1 minute ago, Akeelagi said:

Please be more vocal. The more vocal people we have the faster shit gets changed. You don't get laws changed by sitting on your ass you have to protest them and threaten some puppet of a politician with his job to get shit changed. Imagine if we had 200 vocal people on the forums instead of 30 or 40.

Edit: Let's hear what you have to say. I'm more then happy to discuss like civil human beings.

Edited by Steve
DeepHouse and Innate like this
Just now, Cory B said:

How about you go ahead and get this server fixed. Shits been happening for over a week and nothing is getting done. As much as you might say there is, I think FORTNITE has taken over there minds. 

i agree, stuff needs to get done. but as everyone knows there is a huge trust issue with letting people become devs. or even contributors. if that were to change i think it would help a lot but thats really up to one person and thats bamf. also the only one coding right now is gnashes and yes he does have a life outside of this but i also think some things need to get fixed asap.

Kate likes this
Just now, Steve said:

Please be more vocal. The more vocal people we have the faster shit gets changed. You don't get laws changed by sitting on your ass you have to protest them and threaten some puppet of a politician with his job to get shit changed. Imagine if we had 200 vocal people on the forums instead of 30 or 40.

Edit: Let's hear what you have to say. I'm more then happy to discuss like civil human beings.

ill do my best to be more vocal for you guys. it just sometimes easier to go right to them. but yes I do understand the more people bring up the issue it generally gets fixed faster or atleast looked at sooner.

Kate likes this
1 minute ago, Akeelagi said:

i agree, stuff needs to get done. but as everyone knows there is a huge trust issue with letting people become devs. or even contributors. if that were to change i think it would help a lot but thats really up to one person and thats bamf. also the only one coding right now is gnashes and yes he does have a life outside of this but i also think some things need to get fixed asap.

Look I agree with you that people have lives and shit. The matter is that normally this shit gets fixed in 1 maybe 2 days and now something so big that is constantly happening is taking over a week to do. Don't get me wrong I have zero clue on coding or anything but I believe something needs to be done asap. It's making me not want to play and countless others. The lack of either effort or help needs to be changed. Something so big that happens every restart should of been fixed within a day, or rolled back to most recent patch or released a hot fix along the side of what they might know about it. I dont know man. I just want something done.

Edited by Cory B
Silver-Spy, Atra and DeepHouse like this
Just now, Akeelagi said:

Outside of perhaps antihack or some very specific server side things, what is their to be so secretive about? Anyone with a brain can get their hands on the mission file. It's not like Asylum has that many super duper cool features that other life servers lack anymore. I'd say the only two truly unique things we got left is the bounty hunter honor system and the prestige system. Besides other servers have developed shit that is relatively close just not the same at this point anyways. @Bikstok said he would like do to some sort of open source repository system for the community so we could realistically have a much better chance of unseen/unheard talent making it's way into the community.

I understand that there is a lot of frustration with the current situation. Bamf and gnashes are working to resolve the issues. They are fully aware that it's taking a toll on the playerbase. I will continue to look to them for a solution to the problem. I truly appreciate all of your patience during these issues. I hope that soon, we can put it behind us. 

Mitch  

Steve, CarterM3, Boby and 4 others like this
Just now, Cory B said:

Look I agree with you that people have lives and shit. The matter is that normally this shit gets fixed in 1 maybe 2 days and now something so big that is constantly happening is taking over a week to do. Don't get me wrong I have zero clue on coding or anything but I believe something needs to be done asap. It's making me not want to play and countless others. The lack of either effort or help needs to be changed. Something so big that happens ever restart should of been fixed within a day, or rolled back to most recent back or released a hot fix along the side of what they might know about it. I dont know man. I just want something done.

and that is understandable, i too along with the rest of the community want to get these issues fixed. now i myself am not privy to all the information on why things are taking longer then normal or whatever but i urge you to understand the situation our one coder is in, a full-time job and does this for a hobby. now my solution to this would find someone in this community who is beyond suspicion and have them help with the coding. but i doubt that will work. so im in the boat with you guys on this. something needs to be fixed and fast but how we get there. i just don't have that answer.  

Kate likes this
9 minutes ago, Akeelagi said:

TBH I never saw a post from you until you got support.

Marzoh, Bikstok, DeepHouse and 2 others like this
Just now, Steve said:

Outside of perhaps antihack or some very specific server side things, what is their to be so secretive about? Anyone with a brain can get their hands on the mission file. It's not like Asylum has that many super duper cool features that other life servers lack anymore. I'd say the only two truly unique things we got left is the bounty hunter honor system and the prestige system. Besides other servers have developed shit that is relatively close just not the same at this point anyways. @Bikstok said he would like do to some sort of open source repository system for the community so we could realistically have a much better chance of unseen/unheard talent making it's way into the community.

it isnt so much of that we have some super secret thing, its more of giving them access to the database that is the issue. if they were to let someone in that and they decided to get mad and hurt asylum then they would have all the access they needed to do so.

Kate likes this
Just now, [§] Alex said:

TBH I never saw a post from you until you got support.

fair enough. i mostly chimed in here and there. but that doesn't mean i didn't have an opinion and ideas on how to fix things. i mostly talked about this stuff in TeamSpeak. feel free to join at anytime and ill talk to you about this stuff. that goes for anyone

Kate likes this
Just now, Akeelagi said:

and that is understandable, i too along with the rest of the community want to get these issues fixed. now i myself am not privy to all the information on why things are taking longer then normal or whatever but i urge you to understand the situation our one coder is in, a full-time job and does this for a hobby. now my solution to this would find someone in this community who is beyond suspicion and have them help with the coding. but i doubt that will work. so im in the boat with you guys on this. something needs to be fixed and fast but how we get there. i just don't have that answer.  

Neither do I. Don't get me wrong on this i'm not trying to be a cunt or anything but the lack of communication between community and devs is one of the main issues for a long time. With such a huge issue there should be updates or things being said about such issue. That way maybe someone somewhere in the community might no some shit about it. But I do think that maybe a role back to recent patch might help it. I just dont know what the fuck was changed 1 week ago that made this issue. Even when it doesnt lag like crazy and gets stuck fighting anything causes Shotguns nonstop. I dont know man. Just wish there was more we could do to help or more we would know. 

Innate likes this
4 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I understand that there is a lot of frustration with the current situation. Bamf and gnashes are working to resolve the issues. They are fully aware that it's taking a toll on the playerbase. I will continue to look to them for a solution to the problem. I truly appreciate all of your patience during these issues. I hope that soon, we can put it behind us. 

Kind Regards,

Mitch  

FIFY

Kind Regards,

Volunteer

Just now, Cory B said:

Neither do I. Don't get me wrong on this i'm not trying to be a cunt or anything but the lack of communication between community and devs is one of the main issues for a long time. With such a huge issue there should be updates or things being said about such issue. That way maybe someone somewhere in the community might no some shit about it. But I do think that maybe a role back to recent patch might help it. I just dont know what the fuck was changed 1 week ago that made this issue. Even when it doesnt lag like crazy and gets stuck fighting anything causes Shotguns nonstop. I dont know man. Just wish there was more we could do to help or more we would know. 

for the part of communication, feel free to tag or PM your CM @Mitch (IFRIT)  as for the roll back to the ,ost recent patch, i dont think it could hurt but that isnt my shot to call. 

Kate likes this
4 minutes ago, Akeelagi said:

for the part of communication, feel free to tag or PM your CM @Mitch (IFRIT)  as for the roll back to the ,ost recent patch, i dont think it could hurt but that isnt my shot to call. 

you have no shot to call, you're only a support pet as of now just like you were the last 5 months. like Alex said, i never seen you on the forums talking about anything to do with the server. no one cares about your opinion, you comment on rebel things when you play absolutely no rebel and want to change things that noone wants it to be changed. if we get more people like you voicing your opinion about useless shit, were going to get things changed to like one of the countless prisons we had that gave everyone 20 fps

DeepHouse, Akeelagi and Marco like this
17 minutes ago, Akeelagi said:

fair enough. i mostly chimed in here and there. but that doesn't mean i didn't have an opinion and ideas on how to fix things. i mostly talked about this stuff in TeamSpeak. feel free to join at anytime and ill talk to you about this stuff. that goes for anyone

nah I'm good ARMA and Asylum are dead to me. I'm only here for the memes. I just wanted to point out that you never really said anything until you gained some fake authority.

Edited by [§] Alex
5 minutes ago, Marzoh said:

you have no shot to call, you're only a support pet as of now just like you were the last 5 months. like Alex said, i never seen you on the forums talking about anything to do with the server. no one cares about your opinion, you comment on rebel things when you play absolutely no rebel and want to change things that noone wants it to be changed. if we get more people like you voicing your opinion about useless shit, were going to get things changed to like one of the countless prisons we had that gave everyone 20 fps

i will never understand the argument of " oh you arent a career rebel so you cant have an opinion on that". i bet you have an opinion on stuff you have no reason having according to that logic.but i do understand that people who play rebel more have a far better understanding on how things work and how they unfold. now I'm not here to fight or anything with you and i also do not claim to have any power or to be able to call any shots. so i don't know where that is coming from. all im speaking my mind just like everyone else in this community.

Edited by Akeelagi
Kate likes this
14 minutes ago, Akeelagi said:

i will never understand the argument of " oh you arent a career rebel so you cant have an opinion on that". i bet you have an opinion on stuff you have no reason having according to that logic.but i do understand that people who play rebel more have a far better understanding on how things work and how they unfold. now I'm not here to fight or anything with you and i also do not claim to have any power or to be able to call any shots. so i don't know where that is coming from. all im speaking my mind just like everyone else in this community.

how do you understand that argument? its simple... career cop changes prison to something everyone doesn't like and that's why we had so many prisons, one by Neochori, Sofia(i think), Athira, and so on... it just shows, people who do not play rebel shouldn't be able to make those decisions on our side. its kind of like saying a lower down wants to change something on the APD, which of course goes through a whole serious of people of the higher ups talking about it but you don't see us rebels talking about anything that the career cops change. next thing you know they want to change something and it ends up like the Athira prison again, or a Pygros bank, whoever thought of that idea.... big yikes. just like the prison, why do we have to hack a fkn computer and lockpick gates, ok i understand its an rp server but everyone can see, NO ONE DOES THE PRISON ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if they do, they do it to fight cops and isn't that what they wanted to change? they just wanted people to stop doing the prison to sit in the two deerstands/sandbags fighting cops.

Silver-Spy and CRH like this
Just now, Marzoh said:

how do you understand that argument? its simple... career cop changes prison to something everyone doesn't like and that's why we had so many prisons, one by Neochori, Sofia(i think), Athira, and so on... it just shows, people who do not play rebel shouldn't be able to make those decisions on our side. its kind of like saying a lower down wants to change something on the APD, which of course goes through a whole serious of people of the higher ups talking about it but you don't see us rebels talking about anything that the career cops change. next thing you know they want to change something and it ends up like the Athira prison again, or a Pygros bank, whoever thought of that idea.... big yikes. just like the prison, why do we have to hack a fkn computer and lockpick gates, ok i understand its an rp server but everyone can see, NO ONE DOES THE PRISON ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if they do, they do it to fight cops and isn't that what they wanted to change? they just wanted people to stop doing the prison to sit in the two deerstands/sandbags fighting cops.

i do agree to a point with what you are saying. but just because someone plays less rebel then you does not mean they cant share their idea. should their idea be valued any less or more then someone who plays consistently and knows the in's and out's of rebel life? more than likely, yes. but my main point is just because someone doesnt have as much experience as someone else that their ideas shouldn't be put up for discussion. now i do agree that the whole prison thing needs to be fixed. everyone wants fights but to have it devolve into a pretty much a tower defence game seems a bit underwhelming to me. i think they should add something to spice it up but not take a person away from the fight because no one likes being that guy who has to sit there and lockpick the gate.

Kate likes this
13 minutes ago, Akeelagi said:

i do agree to a point with what you are saying. but just because someone plays less rebel then you does not mean they cant share their idea. should their idea be valued any less or more then someone who plays consistently and knows the in's and out's of rebel life? more than likely, yes. but my main point is just because someone doesnt have as much experience as someone else that their ideas shouldn't be put up for discussion. now i do agree that the whole prison thing needs to be fixed. everyone wants fights but to have it devolve into a pretty much a tower defence game seems a bit underwhelming to me. i think they should add something to spice it up but not take a person away from the fight because no one likes being that guy who has to sit there and lockpick the gate.

when I play cop, I would like to attend a bank or something. I dont know if its just me but I would rather sit in a spot and lethal people in deerstands. That's a lot better than driving around for hours not doing anything but checking illegal zones. 

GravL likes this