Severe lag and constant server crashing MUST BE FIXED NOW

Can we get an update on whats being done to fix the constant Lag and server crashing. The server has crashed more then 5 times today and it’s really annoying. I’m sure you know that this has been happening for weeks and it’s only getting worse by the day. I’m hopeing this is a High Priority on your fixit list.

At this point Ubisoft servers are more reliable then this.

3 hours ago, Dally said:

I think the devs got the message by now

Constantly posting about it won't help either

Constantly not hearing about what's being done definitely doesn't help with frustration though. Add the hacker-a-day on top of the lag, and I think that makes communication about the state of the server important, right?

8 minutes ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

Great and all, but not going to happen. How many times have people said "I'd happily donate $___ if they [devs] fixed the servers." But then the devs don't / can't actively put in the time to fix things because they aren't making money. People don't wanna donate until shit's fixed, devs want money beforehand to put into the server.

$10 - $20 yearly subscription won't allow the devs to suddenly quit their jobs and invest a lot of time into Asylum. Gnashes has his 700hr workweeks and I only see bamf post every so often. 

Also, Asylum has gone mod-less and very light with RP to entice anyone and everyone to play it. All you need is the base game and a little knowledge about the rules. Now you're saying "let's squeeze what we can out of the rest of the community and force them to pay to play on our servers." If servers are going to shit every single day, I don't think people who can afford the subscription will want to pay it further driving down the playerbase of Asylum. It's gone from 4.5 / 5 servers to 2.5 You're going backwards here mate.

Edited by Maaqs
Donald likes this
6 minutes ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

My Suggestion...

I recommend the owner/devs require a $10 or $20 per year subscription for Asylum access and use the money to step this server up to high gear and 100% reliability! The money can be held in escrow for a 3-month proving period to work out the bugs and during that period, a public forum be updated regularly from owner/devs on their progress and players can post feedback to keep all informed. Yes, 90% of the server players will not pay and essentially leave the island but that'll be only until the feedback from both players and devs is extremely positive regarding server reliabillty. If the server relaibility does NOT improve within that 3-month period, subscribers have the option to be reimbursed their full subscription.

You get what you pay for. We pay nothing. I personally, would rather pay $10 or $20 per year for reliability and from there, we can grow the server subscription level again with tons of marketing through our fun and exciting You Tube posts and other avenues to attract the players who left and new players. Also, there's nothing more exclusive and enticing to new prospective players than a server where players must be invited by current subscription members. No invitation = no opportunity to subscribe to the island.

Initially, it'll weed out 90% of the players but keep serious Asylum gamers still on the island. Don't we want serious gamers only? Do we even need Kavala pistol-bangers to exist here? Kids even age 10 or 11 will fork over their birthday and Christmas money to pay the invitation-only subscription and those of any age with property on the island will most likely subscribe to retain their assets.

I'll say this to all the forthcoming nay-sayers below. I know you hate this idea but if it's ever implimented similar to my suggestion, I'm sure most of you will be back if the proving-period yields favorable results. If it's not done, we get refunded and go on and on with server crash after another and the dreaded hackers blowing up all of us and our vehicles...BUT IT'S WORTH A TRY...imho...

We would get shutdown by Bohemia if we required you to pay money for access on the servers.

https://www.bohemia.net/monetization

1 hour ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

My Suggestion...

I recommend the owner/devs require a $10 or $20 per year subscription for Asylum access and use the money to step this server up to high gear and 100% reliability! The money can be held in escrow for a 3-month proving period to work out the bugs and during that period, a public forum be updated regularly from owner/devs on their progress and players can post feedback to keep all informed. Yes, 90% of the server players will not pay and essentially leave the island but that'll be only until the feedback from both players and devs is extremely positive regarding server reliabillty. If the server relaibility does NOT improve within that 3-month period, subscribers have the option to be reimbursed their full subscription.

You get what you pay for. We pay nothing. I personally, would rather pay $10 or $20 per year for reliability and from there, we can grow the server subscription level again with tons of marketing through our fun and exciting You Tube posts and other avenues to attract the players who left and new players. Also, there's nothing more exclusive and enticing to new prospective players than a server where players must be invited by current subscription members. No invitation = no opportunity to subscribe to the island.

Initially, it'll weed out 90% of the players but keep serious Asylum gamers still on the island. Don't we want serious gamers only? Do we even need Kavala pistol-bangers to exist here? Kids even age 10 or 11 will fork over their birthday and Christmas money to pay the invitation-only subscription and those of any age with property on the island will most likely subscribe to retain their assets.

I'll say this to all the forthcoming nay-sayers below. I know you hate this idea but if it's ever implimented similar to my suggestion, I'm sure most of you will be back if the proving-period yields favorable results. If it's not done, we get refunded and go on and on with server crash after another and the dreaded hackers blowing up all of us and our vehicles...BUT IT'S WORTH A TRY...imho...

You are fucking stupid... no one is going to pay to play a server that is a mod on a paid game... Also Olympus is stable and developed way furhter than asylum (not to mention fps is higher) so why on earth would people pay to play on a UNDER developed server that is UNSTABLE and doesn't listen to the community.

1 hour ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

My Suggestion...

so what your saying is lets all give them another Identity situation and let them run off with the money after they get it? There would be nothing legally binding saying they have to give the money back and they probably wouldnt...

12 minutes ago, Erron White said:

You are fucking stupid... no one is going to pay to play a server that is a mod on a paid game... Also Olympus is stable and developed way furhter than asylum (not to mention fps is higher) so why on earth would people pay to play on a UNDER developed server that is UNSTABLE and doesn't listen to the community.

I dont like the idea, but you do know almost all of the life servers with mods cost like $30? and a lot of people do pay for them.

53 minutes ago, Erron White said:

Monetization not allowed...end of story...and Yes, I'm fucking stupid!!!

cHIP oTLE likes this
2 hours ago, Maaqs said:

Great and all, but not going to happen. How many times have people said "I'd happily donate $___ if they [devs] fixed the servers." But then the devs don't / can't actively put in the time to fix things because they aren't making money. People don't wanna donate until shit's fixed, devs want money beforehand to put into the server.

$10 - $20 yearly subscription won't allow the devs to suddenly quit their jobs and invest a lot of time into Asylum. Gnashes has his 700hr workweeks and I only see bamf post every so often. 

Also, Asylum has gone mod-less and very light with RP to entice anyone and everyone to play it. All you need is the base game and a little knowledge about the rules. Now you're saying "let's squeeze what we can out of the rest of the community and force them to pay to play on our servers." If servers are going to shit every single day, I don't think people who can afford the subscription will want to pay it further driving down the playerbase of Asylum. It's gone from 4.5 / 5 servers to 2.5 You're going backwards here mate.

Monetization not allowed...end of story...post withdrawn