There is this foreign land that brings riches and promise. I believe its called Mount Olympus Entertainment in Greece. Rumor has it that the gods are active and bring new gifts to the people and listen to the people's concerns. Who knows though the gods from Asylum have punished us for so long we are not use to the riches of the foreign lands.

32 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hello. 

The developers are working to address the server lag concerns with every restart that occurs. I appreciate your continued patience. 

Mitch. 

If you want people to start believing this script all the admins tell people about the developers caring then maybe they should actually fix something in the two years the server has been crashing or least hide the "Last Visited" thing on everyone's profiles to give the illusion that the developers care. 

The only developer that actually puts a solid effort into the server is the boy gnashes but every patch we seem to be going backwards not forwards.

da43cf8bc3ed0e7ad2c049793b1d2878.png

Edited by Wang Liqin
TRYHARD, JIMBO, Azeh and 1 other like this
25 minutes ago, Azeh said:

Hello.

This "server lag" has taken place for over 2.5 years now and I therefore have little reason to believe that the issue in question will be resolved. I personally feel that my patience has been stretched out. Are you able to assure that we will no longer have to experience "server lag" in the near future?

Azeh.

14 minutes ago, Wang Liqin said:

If you want people to start believing this script all the admins tell people about the developers caring then maybe they should actually fix something in the two years the server has been crashing or least hide the "Last Visited" thing on everyone's profiles to give the illusion that the developers care. 

The only developer that actually puts a solid effort into the server is the boy gnashes but every patch we seem to be going backwards not forwards.

da43cf8bc3ed0e7ad2c049793b1d2878.png

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If playing fortnite 8 hours a day is addressing the server lag then I guess they aren't the only ones trying to fix it

Hello gents. 

The developers do not need to access the forums to adjust server settings. I'm sure you know this. I'm referencing the recent increase in server lag. We are tweaking settings with each restart. As always, we appreciate your continued patience. 

Mitch

29 minutes ago, Azeh said:

Are you able to assure that we will no longer have to experience "server lag" in the near future?

Hello,

I too find it very concerning that the Asylum servers have been experiencing so much lag. As a result of the constant lag and upset I would like to request that the webmaster of this site go ahead and remove the false statement on the homepage that we are the "world's most developed altis life servers". 

I would also like the developers to try and find exactly why the servers have been lagging so much. I'm pretty sure someone said it was DDOS and the Asylum Community has had issues in the past with a certain group of internet criminals so surely that is the reason why the servers have been going down.

Regards, 

explicit

Edited by explicit
JIMBO, BlackShot, Azeh and 3 others like this
Just now, Azeh said:

Hello again, Mitch.

As a player of the ARMA 3 Asylum Altis Life servers I find it unacceptable that these server lag issues have been ongoing for such a long period of time. Instead of simply attempting to address the recent increase of server lag, why is no attempt made at addressing the root cause? I'm sure every player of the ARMA 3 Asylum Altis Life servers would be highly appreciative if we no longer had to fear server lag. 

Azeh.

I've answered these questions multiple times in the last week. If you are inclined. You may find the answer to your questions from my perspective across multiple threads. 

Have a great day!

5 minutes ago, Azeh said:

Hello again, Mitch.

I just went through your post history for the last week (which mostly consisted of memes) and I am not seeing any response to my question: "Instead of simply attempting to address the recent increase of server lag, why is no attempt made at addressing the root cause?"

In a post you stated:
"I understand that there is a lot of frustration with the current situation. Bamf and gnashes are working to resolve the issues. They are fully aware that it's taking a toll on the playerbase. I will continue to look to them for a solution to the problem. I truly appreciate all of your patience during these issues. I hope that soon, we can put it behind us."

However, due to the "current situation" as well as this thread, I have reason to believe that you are talking about the recent increase of server lag, not only the entirety of server lag. My question remains unanswered and I repeat that I believe no amount of server lag is acceptable (except for legitimate DDoS related issues).

Azeh.

If they used the money they got from the most recent loot crates and community goal for a dev or 2 to rewrite the mission file we would be getting closer to a fix every day. We seen last time when they hired a dev for a week to tweak the mission file the difference was very noticable. Fps boost and way less lag and kicks. 

Framework is like 3-4 years old btw xd

Azeh likes this

A dev from the outside fixes a lot of issues in only a single week. > Performance is greatly increased. Though the lag is not fixed, the problem was definitely being ironed out. > As updates and other "fixes" come out, the frequency of lag/crashes/kicks begins to seep back in. > Coincidence?

If everything that was changed after the other dev did his performance fixes was put under the microscope, maybe we would have a better answer to the problem. And maybe then, you could find out where the issue repeats it self or shows similarities in past updates over the years.

Edited by Steve