Community Goals for July 2018

bamf

1 hour ago, HomeTrlx said:

Lmaooo give him a couple days to go through the code....

2 years of issues that were somehow a combination of ddos, "it's a Bohemia problem," and finally "we don't have the time to redo everything" kinda stirs the pot and makes myself and many others want to know when this will be fixed. I'm grateful and I'll even be patient for results, but is it not natural to want to know?

Donald likes this
12 minutes ago, Steve said:

2 years of issues that were somehow a combination of ddos, "it's a Bohemia problem," and finally "we don't have the time to redo everything" kinda stirs the pot and makes myself and many others want to know when this will be fixed. I'm grateful and I'll even be patient for results, but is it not natural to want to know?

Go outside and fuck some bitches its about time

cbakes, Masonn, 544heu and 3 others like this
38 minutes ago, Steve said:

Not rly lol and tbh how can he tell when the "first" patch will come out...

18 hours ago, bamf said:

Everyone-  

In addition to the normal goals that we have every month, this month will be slightly different.  I have hired @Poseidon to look through the Asylum code and work on (mainly) performance.  Many of you may know him as the former owner/developer of Olympus.  

I've agreed to pay him for two weeks initially, but as the Community Goal amount increases for the month - so will the chance that will be able to keep him on longer as he makes improvements.  Here is your chance to directly impact server performance here at Asylum by donating money to that effort.  Hopefully we'll not only be done with the BE kicks, but also have much better server performance going forward very soon.  

Also, if we hit tier 3 (or higher) during the month of July I will go ahead and unlock that now instead of waiting until August.  So there are two great reasons to donate to the Community Goals for this month.  

Thanks,  

Bamf

sorry

50df6258afbabbc7217e5ef09221fef8.png

FudgeR and DeepHouse like this
13 hours ago, Steve said:

So do we have an idea when the first patch will be released from Posiedon?

As Azeh mentioned I don't officially start until Monday but i've already been going through the code looking for issues. A patch should come out the first week with some quick fixes. I have plans for big changes which should also come pretty quickly, although maybe not in the first week.

Edited by Poseidon
Sikorsky, ma1ko, Bronx and 25 others like this
8 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

As Azeh mentioned I don't officially start until Monday but i've already been going through the code looking for issues. A patch should come out the first week with some quick fixes. I have plans for big changes which should also come pretty quickly, although maybe not in the first week.

L I T

Innate likes this
16 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Asylum's savior has finally arrived. 

3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Is there a way you can Mark in the file that Gnashes is a cunt? Please ???

20 hours ago, Poseidon said:

So what your saying is that we will actually be able to enjoy asylum again?

On 7-7-2018 at 9:39 PM, Poseidon said:

Little bit late but best of luck with the code. I am sure we can all appreciate your upcoming work. 

On 7/12/2018 at 1:28 AM, Poseidon said:

First update is being tested currently. Will be released this week. It only features some of the many things i'm working on, so no guarantee it'll solve the performance issue.

I understand you are very likely to be bound by legal contract to not say certain things. I must ask out of curiosity, if you were to divide up the problems into fifths how much would you be able to fix in your pre-payed 2 weeks time here?

Edited by Steve
3 hours ago, Steve said:

I understand you are very likely to be bound by legal contract to not say certain things. I must ask out of curiosity, if you were to divide up the problems into fifths how much would you be able to fix in your pre-payed 2 weeks time here?

A fair bit tbh. This week i'll be focused on the way data syncs for various things, and adjusting some server things. I have yet to spot a smoking gun issue, so I think the general performance issue is just all the combined features that have been added over the years adding up and making things worse. So I gotta rework some of them and make them more efficient.

Steve, Innate, Masonn and 28 others like this
7 hours ago, Poseidon said:

A fair bit tbh. This week i'll be focused on the way data syncs for various things, and adjusting some server things. I have yet to spot a smoking gun issue, so I think the general performance issue is just all the combined features that have been added over the years adding up and making things worse. So I gotta rework some of them and make them more efficient.

thanks for actually being useful

HomeTrlx, Atra and Squirtle like this
12 hours ago, Poseidon said:

good stuff, 

just if you can keep us updated on things, as we dont like to be left in the dark. 

13 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Paratus's code is shit. I feel sorry for you having the sift through it but thankful that you are.

JacobHarr likes this