People quitting.

Now I know I shouldn't be the one saying this but people are quitting for the server issues yea but they will all come back when @Poseidon fixes it and the banned channel will be filled. But most of the people are quitting because of the autistic/toxic player base asylum has built for itself. Now I have been here for years and many people know me many people don't and asylum has changed overtime for good and bad. But the one thing that asylum was developing from when I started playing was that player base. I cant count in this past month how many time I have been walked up to and just shot in the face and turned in, or killed. Not to mention the cops getting worse everyday by actual autistic people getting accepted, you can literally be picking apples now and rack up a 10k bounty of stupid shit. Back when I first started playing this server actually gave me and many other people enjoyment, like when we used to have the prostitute or jumping quad bike events. Those were the times everyone would be happy and have actual fun. But now there is too much autism and toxicity for anything, it comes from civs, cops, or even medics vdming you and sending your car flying. And I hate to say this but the servers are now divided into the rule breakers and the cartel fighters. Its not that bad if cops weren't rule breakers either like a few days ago I had a cop do 3 different exploits in my house and he still isn't banned. When I was on yesterday I was playing with a old asylum player and he told me " he feels bad for the people playing asylum because the ship has sunk. At least when we were playing it just hit the iceberg, now its sunk get off while you can. At first I didn't listen but in the past 24 hours I lost about 600k to robbo cops, Rdmers, and people that have one chromosome. If we want to fix asylum you have to get rid of the toxicity while we can. Even if any new players come in they get Rdm'd or called a N****r and they get off. I mean come on guys even when the cops have me its not the same as it was. Mainly because cops now loose there money and get on cop to robbo cop. I used to enjoy messing with the cops and getting @Olivia and @Patrick man about there asylum romance. Not to mention all the old players that want to get unbanned which can help get rid of the toxicity like @Sheriff Rick Grimes who just wants to enjoy asylum. At this point I say we have a few weeks before a lot of people start quitting. Cops are retards and robbo cops, civs rdm, medics vdm we no form of enjoyment. For example your doing a drug run trying to make up the money you loose and 5 cops come over to get you, As soon as you hear multiple cars you know there's a problem. IU mean I can see one or wo cops but do you have to bring everyone that's on. Or you see someone rdming and you kill him and his friends and you explain that to the cops and you get a full ticket or 50% increase. Back in the day none of this will happen, but now asylum has actually turned into a meme. Im starting to loose hope and if we don't fix it soon its just gonna die off as a server.

too true... iv always said a nice whitelist should be implemented... 

whitelist everyone registered, then start banning... wouldnt have new randoms comming in to rdm and logging... or medics fuckign around :/ i used to love asylum.. not too well known but i was here back in the day ! (terry allan) and asylum used to be perfect :D now its toxic and almost un-enjoyable unless you roll with a big team :/ even then its more of a team deathmatch if you enter a town lmao... cops are toxic, medics are toxic. would love to see a nice fix to the problems ! but only with time <3

Just now, massi said:

tldr?

Idiot

9 minutes ago, 王 i have aids in my but 王 said:

Now I know I shouldn't be the one saying this but people are quitting for the server issues yea but they will all come back when @Poseidon fixes it and the banned channel will be filled. But most of the people are quitting because of the autistic/toxic player base asylum has built for itself. Now I have been here for years and many people know me many people don't and asylum has changed overtime for good and bad. But the one thing that asylum was developing from when I started playing was that player base. I cant count in this past month how many time I have been walked up to and just shot in the face and turned in, or killed. Not to mention the cops getting worse everyday by actual autistic people getting accepted, you can literally be picking apples now and rack up a 10k bounty of stupid shit. Back when I first started playing this server actually gave me and many other people enjoyment, like when we used to have the prostitute or jumping quad bike events. Those were the times everyone would be happy and have actual fun. But now there is too much autism and toxicity for anything, it comes from civs, cops, or even medics vdming you and sending your car flying. And I hate to say this but the servers are now divided into the rule breakers and the cartel fighters. Its not that bad if cops weren't rule breakers either like a few days ago I had a cop do 3 different exploits in my house and he still isn't banned. When I was on yesterday I was playing with a old asylum player and he told me " he feels bad for the people playing asylum because the ship has sunk. At least when we were playing it just hit the iceberg, now its sunk get off while you can. At first I didn't listen but in the past 24 hours I lost about 600k to robbo cops, Rdmers, and people that have one chromosome. If we want to fix asylum you have to get rid of the toxicity while we can. Even if any new players come in they get Rdm'd or called a N****r and they get off. I mean come on guys even when the cops have me its not the same as it was. Mainly because cops now loose there money and get on cop to robbo cop. I used to enjoy messing with the cops and getting @Olivia and @Patrick man about there asylum romance. Not to mention all the old players that want to get unbanned which can help get rid of the toxicity like @Sheriff Rick Grimes who just wants to enjoy asylum. At this point I say we have a few weeks before a lot of people start quitting. Cops are retards and robbo cops, civs rdm, medics vdm we no form of enjoyment. For example your doing a drug run trying to make up the money you loose and 5 cops come over to get you, As soon as you hear multiple cars you know there's a problem. IU mean I can see one or wo cops but do you have to bring everyone that's on. Or you see someone rdming and you kill him and his friends and you explain that to the cops and you get a full ticket or 50% increase. Back in the day none of this will happen, but now asylum has actually turned into a meme. Im starting to loose hope and if we don't fix it soon its just gonna die off as a server.

Dude, I know the feeling of poor RPers and stupid shit that happens from other players. Sometimes, people just wanna be cucks and so just let them be cucks. Like someone told me in the past. You want people to RP better, then you RP more than they can in their entire life. You RP harder, and they RP harder. If they want to be a little bitch then let em. As for cops, I understand fucking off and having fun here and there, but there is a fine line to not cross. I am terribly sorry, but I promise that if we meet up and you RP with me, you will most likely get a Pardon or a 75 to 80% reduced ticket just for good RP.

BTW, there is even fuck boys that are trying to paintball and don't wanna get reported but when you accidentally paintball then the fuck boy comes out and they report you. You know who you are.

AND TO ALL THE CROOKED COPS, YOU SOON TO GET YOUR ASS FUCKING DROPPED! XD ;)

42 minutes ago, 王 i have aids in my but 王 said:

Sad but true.  If the server doesn't get its shit together soon, we only have a couple weeks.

Just now, ChicoXL said:

Your crying because 5 cops show up when your doing drugs instead of 2? 

Trash player.

That's not even that dude. He is right, there is some cops that are going overboard over stupid shit. Now, for the amount of cops... I ain't gonna lie but it is ridiculous the amount cops per civ there are at peak times. 30 civs, and 16 cops. That is way too damn many.

Just now, xlOutsiderlx said:

That's not even that dude. He is right, there is some cops that are going overboard over stupid shit. Now, for the amount of cops... I ain't gonna lie but it is ridiculous the amount cops per civ there are at peak times. 30 civs, and 16 cops. That is way too damn many.

I agree one day I've seen it 18 cops only fucking 23 civs lol.

xlOutsiderlx likes this
15 minutes ago, xlOutsiderlx said:

Does something illegal when there is clearly enough cops to patrol everything complains when he gets caught. 

10 minutes ago, HomeTrlx said:

Old player here from 2014

I legit gave up 2 years ago.

I only get on to have fun with friends nothing else is legit holding me here.. I dont fucking understand  how ppl are still trying to enjoy  Assylum and trying to roleplay. It's either you kill someone or you get killed.

That's the problem, no one cares to roll play... what are you trying to say?

Everyone will come back when the servers are fixed. People will come back when patch notes start coming out and new content is going to be added. The hardest thing for developers to figure out is whether to release content or fix things. If devs fix the servers people will complain that there isnt enough new content. if devs choose to add content then people will complain about the servers. Once the servers are fixed content will come back, people will comeback, and hopefully asylum will return to its original state. The people who love asylum for what it is regardless are still playing now with or without the performance hit. I tried going to OIlympus and I didnt like it that may be for some people but I couldn't leave this community behind. This community is strong and will continue to grow as long as you keep having fun and make the most out of what we have at the current moment.

56 minutes ago, ChicoXL said:

Does something illegal when there is clearly enough cops to patrol everything complains when he gets caught. 

True, but still.... Its overkill when there is a 1 to 3 ratio of cops to civ.

52 minutes ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

That's the problem, no one cares to roll play... what are you trying to say?

*Role-Play? But I still love your illetirate ass. lmfao. But it is true what you said. Its the message that counts ;)

Edited by xlOutsiderlx
1 hour ago, Huan Lee said:

asylum is either cartel fighters or rule breakers, there's no real roleplay with the cops, and asylum is in his words a meme now

"Cartel fighters"... "we dont fight unless we can defend"...."res and retry"..."dont chop the ifrit"... Nobody seems to want to actually fight, seems like they want gang wars 24/7 so they dont have to actually play the game to buy gear tbh.

I stopped playing cop because rebels refuse to RP then get mad at cops when they give little back.  Im sorry, but you cant just say "self defense" for everything, and its gotten to the point where I process someone and thye claim grand theft is self defence, robbing the bank is self defense, running drugs is self defense.  Why would me as a cop spend more than 30 seconds talking to someone like that? 

Ive come to the realization there is a handful of people who actually want to RP and have fun and a whole lot of people who just wanna get someone else in trouble and complain.

12 minutes ago, HotWings said:

"Cartel fighters"... "we dont fight unless we can defend"...."res and retry"..."dont chop the ifrit"... Nobody seems to want to actually fight, seems like they want gang wars 24/7 so they dont have to actually play the game to buy gear tbh.

I stopped playing cop because rebels refuse to RP then get mad at cops when they give little back.  Im sorry, but you cant just say "self defense" for everything, and its gotten to the point where I process someone and thye claim grand theft is self defence, robbing the bank is self defense, running drugs is self defense.  Why would me as a cop spend more than 30 seconds talking to someone like that? 

Ive come to the realization there is a handful of people who actually want to RP and have fun and a whole lot of people who just wanna get someone else in trouble and complain.

I agree with the cartel thing, but I am genuinely confused, in real life if you just say you killed someone you don't really get off easy, so what are you supposed to do in situations like that?

5 minutes ago, Azeh said:

Y'all are putting too much pressure on Poseidon. Who knows long it takes to sort this shit out. 
"When it's getting fixed" - replace that with " if "

Not trying to be a negative nancy, but depending on how long Poseidon is here, it's not guaranteed that the issues will be completely gone. I'm certain we'll see improvements and obviously I do hope that he will be able to fully fix them, but don't take it for granted.
(This isn't Poseidon or anyone else from Olympus, nor has he ever had any involvement with Asylum - so take it with a grain of salt)

0b05242cd6aeaa192dbbb0046730b527.png

It sounds like the truth though. It makes a lot of the problems Asylum has make sense.

The robbo copping and the insane cop population stem from almost everyone on asylum being a white listed cop. A simple 5-10 hours per month requirement for constables would reduce the amount of white listed cops by at least 1/2 and probably be more. Over time it would reduce the cop population further and the only cops left would generally be more "career cop" like.

Yung Tommy likes this

As a professional civ I RP with everyone, even the NPC's when I'm grabbing that burger and a pint. Sure i still get killed, but most of time if I have a good story and have fun with it, cops pardon me and rebels let me walk.

If you get downed and the first thing you do is start shit talking then nobody is going to want to deal with you and either kill you or ship you off to prison. We could all do a little better at RPing and see where that takes you. You might be surprised at the outcome.

And yes servers have been frustrating lately but I am hopeful they will be fixed. I've played here for years and been admin since 2015, I'm going to stick it out and see where this ship takes me. Like Mitch said before, the lights are still on. Hang in there my amigos.

See you on Altis.

Robert, Mason, Mr.Purple and 8 others like this

Im hopeful,least steps are being taking to do something about it an Bamf at least is trying to do what he can with more then likely what little he has.

As for the cops,something needs to be done,most the cops just lethal on the spot if you have a bounty,an mainly the players that know better do it,an get away with it.The last few times DS done something to spice things up its not even 1 life its KOS right from the start,they dont even bother with at least trying to down us,annd the cops have had +5-6 more on then we do the last few times we got on.At this point its just getting annoying,they will kill the person with a bounty then start downing people.

Idk much from the cop side of things,im sure things get annoying for them as well no doubt,but its at another level at this point.

Well here is the thing, Its not the people that are toxic, Its the things that are causing them to be toxic. Don't get me wrong, there will always be toxic players but what are the reasons behind it?

Well.....

1. You got the server going down every hour so nobody can fight for long periods or do solid runs of anything so people get stuck doing the same old fucking around in Kavala or places that won't leave them stranded

2. Lets be real, A lot of the good rp players left to go play Gta Rp / Lakeside. Its a better rp experience and if nobody is to set the bar real high, None of the new players can follow

3. U know the amount of times I have seen or even personally done told a player to go back from the server they came because it is pissing me off to even play Asylum due to some of the bugs that are sort of being ignored?

4. Cops can't stand getting shot with the hole red is dead, thus why they robo-cop because getting killed 8 times in a row would get me tight too

5. New players get shot 24/7. They don't stay. So we get forced to play with the same 300 people every single day. No new personalities, No new addons, No new events because its hard to run an event without problems

So overall what does this lead into? The toxic community it is. I try to make friends the best I can (Even though I talk a lot of shit) I get over it. I like to know people for different personalities. I mean I even look @HulaHoop Screamed at him in ts one day for some dumb shit, 2 weeks later, Had a great time processing me and he is actually a pretty swell guy. 

But if this hole thing with the server crashing every hour doesn't get fixed. I'm gone in a month. Off to play Olympus or something else Idc

12 minutes ago, Tom Kappa said:

Well here is the thing, Its not the people that are toxic, Its the things that are causing them to be toxic. Don't get me wrong, there will always be toxic players but what are the reasons behind it?

Well.....

1. You got the server going down every hour so nobody can fight for long periods or do solid runs of anything so people get stuck doing the same old fucking around in Kavala or places that won't leave them stranded

2. Lets be real, A lot of the good rp players left to go play Gta Rp / Lakeside. Its a better rp experience and if nobody is to set the bar real high, None of the new players can follow

3. U know the amount of times I have seen or even personally done told a player to go back from the server they came because it is pissing me off to even play Asylum due to some of the bugs that are sort of being ignored?

4. Cops can't stand getting shot with the hole red is dead, thus why they robo-cop because getting killed 8 times in a row would get me tight too

5. New players get shot 24/7. They don't stay. So we get forced to play with the same 300 people every single day. No new personalities, No new addons, No new events because its hard to run an event without problems

So overall what does this lead into? The toxic community it is. I try to make friends the best I can (Even though I talk a lot of shit) I get over it. I like to know people for different personalities. I mean I even look @HulaHoop Screamed at him in ts one day for some dumb shit, 2 weeks later, Had a great time processing me and he is actually a pretty swell guy. 

But if this hole thing with the server crashing every hour doesn't get fixed. I'm gone in a month. Off to play Olympus or something else Idc

couldnt agree more... we have already starting grinding out in olympus to get ready for the swap if needed. Waiting to see if the dev's they brought in temporarily, can fix these lag issues... if no improvement within next couple weeks, the entire gang has already agreed to transfer over. Not JUST because of the lag, but also because of the other reasons listed

I haven't read all the reply's mainly only the main thread,

I am a new player. I think I joined about a week ago now. I played Asylum WAY back.. Like a few years ago I feel like it was. Atlis life was the "new" thing then. I didn't play long I think I had about 3 talent points when I joined a week ago again. To be fair most of my RP encounters have been pretty good. There are a few like one where a guy said "put your hands on your head or you die in 3" --- says 3--shoots me in the head while my hands are going up. Then says "Oh I couldn't see your hands going up"... let alone the fact that he shot me on 3. That really pissed me off but I kept playing another one is the whole squad coming to heroin field one time after we killed a police stop there. In a normal RP situation you don't re spawn and return instantly. I noticed the re spawn and return to your scenario thing has been a big issue and I am surprised there is no rule against it, for example if you kill someone at a drug dealer take there money at Athira they just respawn and try an kill you. They will pull another hands up or die and then shoot instantly type deal.

Even though all of that I still kind of want to stay cause I do still have fun for the most part from playing with the cops in RP scenarios as a rebel/civ. But there is only one thing driving me away right now and its the admin bans. One of them is justifiable, Mitch showed me the video and I told him there was only one time I could think of VDM being the reason I was banned and it was when I first started playing -- it was a few days ago but still I did it so whatever thats fine. I got banned for an RDM scenario when our crew was cutting off a escaping bounty he rammed our truck and knew we were after him I road blocked him even when he rammed the truck. I down the bounty and then im banned for RDM. I at least THINK thats why I was banned for RDM on Saturday. I made a ban appeal it got denied without an explanation. I messaged Badabing and he never responded. Next was the Mitch ban which he did show me the video and its what I thought thats fine. Now today I was banned for an exploit reason or something. All I did was die during a desync and I killed a guy for 184k during the crash we had in desync a medic revived me and we took his money.

If I am right OR wrong. The right way to handle the community when you are banning them is a simple request of "Hey austi, come in teamspeak for a min so we can talk" explain why I am being banned. Then ban me. Instead of:

Saturday - Austi | RDM | 12 hour | Badabing ( I was online -- could of asked?)
Sunday - Austi | VDM | 1 day  | Mitch [Notably explained btw by Mitch, and also was banned while I was not on during the last ban I believe so I kinda exempt this one]

Monday - Austi | Exploit | Leady (I was online -- could of asked)

It's almost like the admins dont want me to play. I probably do the most RPing and rule abiding out of most of the people I have RPed with. And in no way am I trying to break any of these rules. The admins not even asking for my side of a story or an explanation is a bit unfair. Even in the game you let Police ask for a CIV/Rebel to explain their charges but you cant even do it for the actual administration of the game..? I mean I am no way salty if I did break the rules even with Mitch I told him oh yeah thats fine that was me I broke that rule and even put a message on the ban appeal to just close it as I was guilty.

Thats my point of view from a new player atleast,

Austi

2 hours ago, Padrinos said:

As a professional civ I RP with everyone, even the NPC's when I'm grabbing that burger and a pint. Sure i still get killed, but most of time if I have a good story and have fun with it, cops pardon me and rebels let me walk.

If you get downed and the first thing you do is start shit talking then nobody is going to want to deal with you and either kill you or ship you off to prison. We could all do a little better at RPing and see where that takes you. You might be surprised at the outcome.

And yes servers have been frustrating lately but I am hopeful they will be fixed. I've played here for years and been admin since 2015, I'm going to stick it out and see where this ship takes me. Like Mitch said before, the lights are still on. Hang in there my amigos.

See you on Altis.

What wise words, it makes me cry with joy. 

Padrinos and Yung Tommy like this

people quit because there hasn't been any real new content added since the 7.0 bounty hunter patch and because the servers shit themselves all the time. Also a lot of patches lately have just been changing things back to how people wanted them in the first place. wouldn't surprise me if the new "rebel talent tree" is locked behind a pay wall when/ if it actually gets finished

3 hours ago, Wop said:

Lmfao I think you are the toxic autist you refer to in your post.  I honestly hope you quit playing so I don't have to see anymore of your shit posts again.  @王 i have aids in my but 王

1. I have left kavala and pistol banging behind.

2. I have calmed down with being that little kavala rat everyone hates and im friends with basically everyone.

3. Basically no one has a problem with me.

4. I never post on the forums unless I feel I should.

5. Who are you?

I hope Poseidon can sort out Asylum but I'm highly skeptical anything can fix it at this point. It seems each time I read these forums the servers are just getting worse and worse. I don't think bamf or gnashes are to blame here either, they inherited Paratus' shit code that he failed to optimize from the start and then once the money ran dry, he dumped this loyal and dedicated community and moved on to his new scam game Identity. 

Short of starting over with a brand new mission file and adding in features they want to keep (e.g. Cartels built on new code w/Poseidons help), I don't ever see Asylum righting this sinking ship. It is a big undertaking and it would take at least 3 dedicated coders to push out a new modified mission file and back end that would work for the community. The problem is Asylum isn't alone, Olympus has Jesse, Kurt and others that are pretty dedicated to pushing out large monthly updates and they're always aiming for optimized code and it shows because the servers there are 110/110 all day long and they almost never crash or desync. 

The community here was great but as others said, as things became more and more bleak, toxicity grew from despair and now it's just people holding on to false hope and I wish Asylum the best as I have a lot of friends here but I don't see a future and I feel sorry for bamf having to foot these expenses himself with Paratus still holding on to his undeserved 50%. If I were bamf, I'd probably throw in the towel or just go ask McDili if he wants to sell half of Olympus and move on. If you look at this whole situation from bamf's point of view, I honestly can't figure out what motivates him to keep this going as I personally would have folded long ago. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Innate likes this
13 hours ago, 王 i have aids in my but 王 said:

5. Who are you?

I respect you share your opinion sure.  I am DJB mothafucka first of all.  Anyways, insulting people doesn't help prove your case.  Look..  Idk whats going to happen but I think on this topic neither do you.  So maybe both of us should just sit back and wait.  Maybe have some hope.

Edited by Wop