People quitting.

On 7/9/2018 at 5:07 PM, Huan Lee said:

I agree with the cartel thing, but I am genuinely confused, in real life if you just say you killed someone you don't really get off easy, so what are you supposed to do in situations like that?

Come up with a story, literally anything that's not "self defense" or at least have a real story detailing why you did what you did, elaborate a bit not "he tried to rob me"  I always come up with some crazy story or flat out tell the truth.  a good amount of time I get a discount for just being honest.  I personally just wish people would chill out when they get caught, I get it no one wants to sit in jail for 40 minutes, but if you get caught you get caught.  Being a dick is just going to make it an even worse experience IMO.  I feel like things are much more enjoyable when people don't immediately fly off the handle, I get there are times that shit is legit fucked up and whatnot it happens, but at the end of the day you're responsible for yourself. You dont have to get super salty an mad.  Ive been known to be a dick in game at times, but 99% of the time Im chill as fuck as long as you're chill with me.

On 7/9/2018 at 6:12 PM, tryhardsqueaker said:

The robbo copping and the insane cop population stem from almost everyone on asylum being a white listed cop. A simple 5-10 hours per month requirement for constables would reduce the amount of white listed cops by at least 1/2 and probably be more. Over time it would reduce the cop population further and the only cops left would generally be more "career cop" like.

I dont mind everyone being able to play both sides, what I have a real issue with is people using cop as a way to get back at other gangs you dont like.  Ive seen times where a gang gets destroyed and they all switch to cop, its dumb.  The 5 minute timer should be much longer if not the entire restart if you have been on civ for more than like 30 IMO to prevent people from switching just because they're salty.  I do agree something needs to be done with those who strictly log on to fuck people over, the issue is its not super easy to identify those people most times. 

Id be lying if I said I dont get pissed or salty sometimes, but its not usually against people who did me within the rules.  At the end of the day, there are people who take things personally, even when someone else is just playing the game. 

Edited by HotWings
Huan Lee likes this
On 7/9/2018 at 4:19 PM, Mr.Purple said:

I agree one day I've seen it 18 cops only fucking 23 civs lol.

we used to do banks and feds and prisons with more than that on with group cap implemented to 12 people. stop fucking whining and learn how to shoot. you guys are all pampered idiots cause your parents probably do meth. 

2 minutes ago, Dork said:

we used to do banks and feds and prisons with more than that on with group cap implemented to 12 people. stop fucking whining and learn how to shoot. you guys are all pampered idiots cause your parents probably do meth. 

I'm referring to the new people of Asylum. They can't do anything when they get busted every 20min.

12 minutes ago, Dork said:

So what your saying is civs who don't religiously play the game as much as you do, can take on 18 cops and let alone afford a rebel license. People have to start realizing that the inflow of new players only go so far, but when they are faced with deficiency starting off in the game where the cops almost out-number the civs on the map. Its completely unfair to the new starting players and aspect of the game in general,not to mention its almost impossible for civs to run drugs when cops are so bored and actively check illegal areas every 20 minutes. Cops should learn to split up into other servers.For example, the other day on s1 there was a total of 21 cops at one point but s2 there was only 4. How does this help new players trying to make money on the server that represents asylum as whole. Also civs not only have to worry about the 20+ cops on the server but the vast amount of civs trying to rob them. Just my opinon on what is being said in this forum section.

Edited by Walter White
OMG-A-FISH and PoorAsianBoy like this
1 hour ago, Walter White said:

So what your saying is civs who don't religiously play the game as much as you do, can take on 18 cops and let alone afford a rebel license. People have to start realizing that the inflow of new players only go so far, but when they are faced with deficiency starting off in the game where the cops almost out-number the civs on the map. Its completely unfair to the new starting players and aspect of the game in general,not to mention its almost impossible for civs to run drugs when cops are so bored and actively check illegal areas every 20 minutes. Cops should learn to split up into other servers.For example, the other day on s1 there was a total of 21 cops at one point but s2 there was only 4. How does this help new players trying to make money on the server that represents asylum as whole. Also civs not only have to worry about the 20+ cops on the server but the vast amount of civs trying to rob them. Just my opinon on what is being said in this forum section.

tldr past first sentence, but the phrase is risk=reward. 

dont run drugs until you know you can handle it.

3 minutes ago, Dork said:

tldr past first sentence, but the phrase is risk=reward. 

dont run drugs until you know you can handle it.

I understand that and fully agree with your statement, but cops need to start splitting off to different servers to give each server a decent cop count. That would not only allow for more fights/ action for all but would also open up many more opportunities no matter what your play style is.

Edited by Walter White
On 7/10/2018 at 6:06 AM, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I hope Poseidon can sort out Asylum but I'm highly skeptical anything can fix it at this point. It seems each time I read these forums the servers are just getting worse and worse. I don't think bamf or gnashes are to blame here either, they inherited Paratus' shit code that he failed to optimize from the start and then once the money ran dry, he dumped this loyal and dedicated community and moved on to his new scam game Identity. 

Short of starting over with a brand new mission file and adding in features they want to keep (e.g. Cartels built on new code w/Poseidons help), I don't ever see Asylum righting this sinking ship. It is a big undertaking and it would take at least 3 dedicated coders to push out a new modified mission file and back end that would work for the community. The problem is Asylum isn't alone, Olympus has Jesse, Kurt and others that are pretty dedicated to pushing out large monthly updates and they're always aiming for optimized code and it shows because the servers there are 110/110 all day long and they almost never crash or desync. 

The community here was great but as others said, as things became more and more bleak, toxicity grew from despair and now it's just people holding on to false hope and I wish Asylum the best as I have a lot of friends here but I don't see a future and I feel sorry for bamf having to foot these expenses himself with Paratus still holding on to his undeserved 50%. If I were bamf, I'd probably throw in the towel or just go ask McDili if he wants to sell half of Olympus and move on. If you look at this whole situation from bamf's point of view, I honestly can't figure out what motivates him to keep this going as I personally would have folded long ago. 

You would not believe how brainwashed the Identity fans are it's almost worse then the people supported Star Citizen imo. Of course their isn't as many people supporting Identity as there was supporting Star Citizen but still it's ridiculous.

They put so much blind faith in Paratus it's not only cringe, it's like a mob of evangelical christians at your door step.

Edited by Steve
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
On 7/9/2018 at 2:26 PM, 王 i have aids in my but 王 said:

Now I know I shouldn't be the one saying this but people are quitting for the server issues yea but they will all come back when @Poseidon fixes it and the banned channel will be filled. But most of the people are quitting because of the autistic/toxic player base asylum has built for itself. Now I have been here for years and many people know me many people don't and asylum has changed overtime for good and bad. But the one thing that asylum was developing from when I started playing was that player base. I cant count in this past month how many time I have been walked up to and just shot in the face and turned in, or killed. Not to mention the cops getting worse everyday by actual autistic people getting accepted, you can literally be picking apples now and rack up a 10k bounty of stupid shit. Back when I first started playing this server actually gave me and many other people enjoyment, like when we used to have the prostitute or jumping quad bike events. Those were the times everyone would be happy and have actual fun. But now there is too much autism and toxicity for anything, it comes from civs, cops, or even medics vdming you and sending your car flying. And I hate to say this but the servers are now divided into the rule breakers and the cartel fighters. Its not that bad if cops weren't rule breakers either like a few days ago I had a cop do 3 different exploits in my house and he still isn't banned. When I was on yesterday I was playing with a old asylum player and he told me " he feels bad for the people playing asylum because the ship has sunk. At least when we were playing it just hit the iceberg, now its sunk get off while you can. At first I didn't listen but in the past 24 hours I lost about 600k to robbo cops, Rdmers, and people that have one chromosome. If we want to fix asylum you have to get rid of the toxicity while we can. Even if any new players come in they get Rdm'd or called a N****r and they get off. I mean come on guys even when the cops have me its not the same as it was. Mainly because cops now loose there money and get on cop to robbo cop. I used to enjoy messing with the cops and getting @Olivia and @Patrick man about there asylum romance. Not to mention all the old players that want to get unbanned which can help get rid of the toxicity like @Sheriff Rick Grimes who just wants to enjoy asylum. At this point I say we have a few weeks before a lot of people start quitting. Cops are retards and robbo cops, civs rdm, medics vdm we no form of enjoyment. For example your doing a drug run trying to make up the money you loose and 5 cops come over to get you, As soon as you hear multiple cars you know there's a problem. IU mean I can see one or wo cops but do you have to bring everyone that's on. Or you see someone rdming and you kill him and his friends and you explain that to the cops and you get a full ticket or 50% increase. Back in the day none of this will happen, but now asylum has actually turned into a meme. Im starting to loose hope and if we don't fix it soon its just gonna die off as a server.

Read the first 2 sentences and it seem to me that if ppl leave because of the banter, they some lil bitches. 

17 hours ago, Steve said:

You would not believe how brainwashed the Identity fans are it's almost worse then the people supported Star Citizen imo. Of course their isn't as many people supporting Identity as there was supporting Star Citizen but still it's ridiculous.

They put so much blind faith in Paratus it's not only cringe, it's like a mob of evangelical christians at your door step.

Not saying Identify will be the greatest game ever, not saying its gonna bust. only time will tell.  Just saying that the Arma servers were pretty fucking great until Paratus left.  I dont doubt he and his team can make a game and it be decent, I doubt the commitment that will be there long term.

4 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Not saying Identify will be the greatest game ever, not saying its gonna bust. only time will tell.  Just saying that the Arma servers were pretty fucking great until Paratus left.  I dont doubt he and his team can make a game and it be decent, I doubt the commitment that will be there long term.

Just like every other failure of a game his keeps getting delayed. Worst of all, it's not even the full game thats being delayed it's a very small portion of it which is the town square module.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear about the state of the servers, but I'm glad you have good memories of Officer Olivia.  : )

Part of me misses Asylum, but nostalgia has a way of rose tinting those memories.  On top of that, I hear the servers have been worse off so I'm tempted to not come back and just keep my amazing memories (and ~2TB of videos lmao) as they are.

massi, BlackShot, Squirtle and 2 others like this
Just now, Randy. said:

Idk ever since they hired @Poseidon theyve been a lot better. the servers will shit themselves maybe once a day at worst but thats a lot better than what it used to be. 

AFpkHrR.png

Thats frames per second basically for the server box. Still working on trying to find what the root cause is. This update recently added will help fix it further/ give us more logs to find issues.

Working on rebel tree today ;)

McMuffin, Twinkie, Atra and 8 others like this

A strong point from a man named "I have aids in my but."

But really it's true. People troll, harass, and do what they can to try and get people to quit the game because they have no sense of respect for others or the game, and no reform or action is taken. Just yesterday I had someone come in and just start harassing, me, telling me he was only here to annoy me, pestering me and threatening me, not for any gameplay reason, just to be a dick. But people like that don't get banned. You're just told by the admins, "leave the area" and thats missing the point. When half of the playerbase are trolls and people literally verbally harassing you out the ass, or just locking you in their house for 10 minutes, there's no point to play. I don't play asylum to watch a meter fill up a truck with supplies. The money grind isn't the main part of the game, the social experiences you run into is what made asylum a great place to be 2+ years ago. If the only social experiences I can get now is someone I've never seen before calling me "a shrink dick piece of shit" as an opening line, then downing me and throwing me off a building, I'm not going to stay interested in asylum. I was just gone for 7 months, and I wanted to play life because its been a while and I wanted the experience. That's not what I am getting.

If this is the type of behavior and community that asylum permits and lets run amuck, I have some serious concerns for Identity's success.

1 hour ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

If this is the type of behavior and community that asylum permits and lets run amuck, I have some serious concerns for Identity's success.

I have concerns because I don't want to pay 50 dollars to put a Siamese cat in my virtual apartment, but the teams are separate.

Also there is a difference between harassment and someone trolling you in game. Admins can typically warn a player but it gets tough to outright ban for someone who likes to troll other players on the server.

Scott, HomeTrlx and Twinkie like this
35 minutes ago, SharingWriter said:

I have concerns because I don't want to pay 50 dollars to put a Siamese cat in my virtual apartment, but the teams are separate.

Also there is a difference between harassment and someone trolling you in game. Admins can typically warn a player but it gets tough to outright ban for someone who likes to troll other players on the server.

Then rip asylum. 

10 hours ago, Olivia said:

Sorry to hear about the state of the servers, but I'm glad you have good memories of Officer Olivia.  : )

Part of me misses Asylum, but nostalgia has a way of rose tinting those memories.  On top of that, I hear the servers have been worse off so I'm tempted to not come back and just keep my amazing memories (and ~2TB of videos lmao) as they are.

Good Bamboo Union will not miss you.