APD Poll  

99 members have voted

1. 1. So i ask you, Do people bitch too much about cops on Asylum

• Yes
    • NO
    • Im a bitchass Bounty Hunter

3/4 of the server pop nowadays is nothing like it used to be. Most of these guys are so new they have no idea whats going on or some of them bring up topics from years and years of debate. APD has always been bitched about ever since group cap changed to 10 then brought to 12.... 14. Most people cant aim a gun and complain about APD guidelines not being followed they know nothing about

HEYSOOS? likes this
6 minutes ago, Dork said:

3/4 of the server pop nowadays is nothing like it used to be. Most of these guys are so new they have no idea whats going on or some of them bring up topics from years and years of debate. APD has always been bitched about ever since group cap changed to 10 then brought to 12.... 14. Most people cant aim a gun and complain about APD guidelines not being followed they know nothing about

@Gnashes @bamf

3 minutes ago, Lil Tay said:

Just kill the cops. Once you learn to stop making it a server rule or APD policy issue and focus on actually playing the game it makes a lot of sense. For instance when I was new to this game I thought it was retarded that cops at one point had free gear and were allowed to keep coming back to the fed. Later on I realized that if they only came once or twice it would be boring as fuck. It's already pretty uneventful because cops like to play sniper elite so much more now.

HotWings likes this

Things I've heard while playing cop just from the last 2 days. (all separate officers)

Constable - "How do I seize items out of a vehicle?"

Cadet - "Someone told me that I am not allowed to shoot someone who initiates on me without a constable+"

2 constables to a cadet - "He has parole violation that's straight to jail, just get him back to hq and send him"

Constable - "Where is DP 11?"

Constable - "You cant just down someone as an undercover while in an illegal area that's RDM"

I'm not sure if this is just me being unlucky getting a bunch of officers who are new but talking with others it seems there is either a training issue or just lack of server knowledge issue going on these days. I don't expect constables/cadets to know everything. I do expect them to know basic server/game mechanics. #bringbacktimeplayedforapplicants

Masonn, Steve, ItsLego and 10 others like this
1 minute ago, Leady said:

Things I've heard while playing cop just from the last 2 days. (all separate officers)

Cadet - "Someone told me that I am not allowed to shoot someone who initiates on me without a constable+"

2 constables to a cadet - "He has parole violation that's straight to jail, just get him back to hq and send him"

Constable - "You cant just down someone as an undercover while in an illegal area that's RDM"

I'm not sure if this is just me being unlucky getting a bunch of officers who are new but talking with others it seems there is either a training issue or just lack of server knowledge issue going on these days. I don't expect constables/cadets to know everything. I do expect them to know basic server/game mechanics. #bringbacktimeplayedforapplicants

Did you demote them?

DeepHouse likes this
22 minutes ago, Leady said:

the good ol days will never be back when cops knew their shit and people didn't complain about the APD 24/7. I haven't copped in around 2 years and i probably still retain more than 50% of the constables currently white listed.

GravL and wollie35 like this

Well maybe, If you know, The cops could treat us like genuine game players and not be straight out from Robo-Cop factory, I wouldn't mind having the cops around, But when the robo cops outnumber the genuine cops, What can you do?

Ex. Server was dead with 10-15 players online, Cop was sitting in Kavala square for a solid 10 minutes. Feel bad b.c the guy is obviously bored but wants to do his job. I pull out an Ifrit to lighten up the mood and drive it around a little bit. (Now obviously being someone that is a somewhat Jewish with his cash, I wouldn't want to just get it seized straight up and who in the right mind would pull it out if they knew it would get siezed). I just wanted to have some fun with the guy. Then I get my shit seized. Nice. 90k down the drain b.c i'm trying to have some fun with him. I understand its procedure but come on man, At the end of the day its a fucking game. Have some fun while your playing, Be known as a chill player.

1 hour ago, Tom Kappa said:

Well maybe, If you know, The cops could treat us like genuine game players and not be straight out from Robo-Cop factory, I wouldn't mind having the cops around, But when the robo cops outnumber the genuine cops, What can you do?

Ex. Server was dead with 10-15 players online, Cop was sitting in Kavala square for a solid 10 minutes. Feel bad b.c the guy is obviously bored but wants to do his job. I pull out an Ifrit to lighten up the mood and drive it around a little bit. (Now obviously being someone that is a somewhat Jewish with his cash, I wouldn't want to just get it seized straight up and who in the right mind would pull it out if they knew it would get siezed). I just wanted to have some fun with the guy. Then I get my shit seized. Nice. 90k down the drain b.c i'm trying to have some fun with him. I understand its procedure but come on man, At the end of the day its a fucking game. Have some fun while your playing, Be known as a chill player.

So you want him to be corrupt and let you go with an ifrit? Explains a lot about you tbh

Buck likes this
1 minute ago, Kevingreen23 said:

So you want him to be corrupt and let you go with an ifrit? Explains a lot about you tbh

There is obviously no one online and trying to have some fun. If u want to say that, Then why did a admin do a factor 30 earthquake when nobody was online or..... Tested some admin features with some people in square because even he wanted to know what it did. Its called having fun. Sorry being a career cop doesn't treat u well :frog:

AND likes this
1 hour ago, Tom Kappa said:

because its called corruption. not following procedures. 

If he didnt seize it and wanted to mess around with you, while play a WHITELISTED SLOT, he would get in trouble. Especially if someone reported him for it, or a sgt above saw it while playing civ and just happened to look that way. 

look at that @Kevingreen23 beat me to my own point.

Edited by Dork
Kev 23 and McMuffin like this

I mean if there are mass amount of people complaining of APD there must be at least something wrong? Just today a robocop ran ephedra 3 times in <30 minutes and gave out 30k+ tickets to my and a few friends (40K+ in total as one friend got away). Made a post about the quality of APD that are being let in to try and bring light to this.

31ac0c2afc2a5af096226b7a4527815d.png

a98f5ee64e0849b155fce3b684b9e740.png

However instead of even addressing the problem I just got a "fuck you" message from an admin that opened the post to just say the above. I love Asylum but the playerbase is decreasing so obviously something is wrong. Most is probably on the servers, however it's undeniable that stuff like this are also reasons people quit. Staff thinks nothing's wrong or is too stubborn and just back each other up. Players that try to improve the community so that something that happened to them doesn't happen again get hate. 

WiIIiam likes this
Just now, PoorAsianBoy said:

I mean if there are mass amount of people complaining of APD there must be at least something wrong? Just today a robocop ran ephedra 3 times in <30 minutes and gave out 30k+ tickets to my and a few friends (40K+ in total as one friend got away). Made a post about the quality of APD that are being let in to try and bring light to this.

However instead of even addressing the problem I just got a "fuck you" message from an admin that opened the post to just say the above. I love Asylum but the playerbase is decreasing so obviously something is wrong. Most is probably on the servers, however it's undeniable that stuff like this are also reasons people quit. Staff thinks nothing's wrong or is too stubborn and just back each other up. Players that try to improve the community so that something that happened to them doesn't happen again get hate. 

1a7ea7c4424521054797802176567796.png

ItsLego, AND and Kev 23 like this
Just now, Chow Mein said:

Sure, he could of been undercover, had a criminal ping, seen you guys drive in, or got a text from someone in the field.

No we are stupid af but not stupid enough to lie about being treated unfairly. No gain for me. We had 3 people and they would've ended up charging us for Ephedra 5 times within 30 minutes. The guy didn't even wanna speak to us after we tried confronting him about his wrong-doing just gave us full tickets and left. I just want what happened to stop. All I'm saying. 

Just now, PoorAsianBoy said:

No we are stupid af but not stupid enough to lie about being treated unfairly. No gain for me. We had 3 people and they would've ended up charging us for Ephedra 5 times within 30 minutes. The guy didn't even wanna speak to us after we tried confronting him about his wrong-doing just gave us full tickets and left. I just want what happened to stop. All I'm saying. 

Heres an idea, Record it and report it and stop going back but who knows maybe im wrong.

Just now, Chow Mein said:

Heres an idea, Record it and report it and stop going back but who knows maybe im wrong.

Yea I get it. I should record everything. Not my point here though. I'm trying to make sure it doesn't happen again. Not have it happen and constantly punish or get compensated for rule breaking. Takes away the RP from it.

1 hour ago, PoorAsianBoy said:

what I'm asking is if should have even happened in the first place?

Unfortunately, there is no way we can stop every bad egg from getting through. There will be ups and downs no matter what policy or changes are made. That is the reason there is an IA section on the forums. I understand not everyone can/does record 24/7. If you have an idea for a system that would help improve the guidebook knowledge of the general officer we are all ears. Not every officer is going to know 100% of the guidebook, but I agree there are major things which they should.

I am sorry but a post like this thread just complaining about cops, in general, I don't personally think helps the issue. I think it usually ends in flame wars and an admin locking the thread. If you wish to speak further with me feel free to come speak me in TS.

PoorAsianBoy and ItsLego like this
29 minutes ago, bbgreg17 said:

Unfortunately, there is no way we can stop every bad egg from getting through. There will be ups and downs no matter what policy or changes are made. That is the reason there is an IA section on the forums. I understand not everyone can/does record 24/7. If you have an idea for a system that would help improve the guidebook knowledge of the general officer we are all ears. Not every officer is going to know 100% of the guidebook, but I agree there are major things which they should.

I am sorry but a post like this thread just complaining about cops, in general, I don't personally think helps the issue. I think it usually ends in flame wars and an admin locking the thread. If you wish to speak further with me feel free to come speak me in TS.

I completely understand where you're coming from. For sure we can't stop every bad egg from getting through but there can be procedures set to reduce them. Personally I've been experiencing a lot more "bad eggs" than I had a year ago. Probably to do with the increase of APD players but lower understanding of all the rules. Just a day ago I downed a cadet in Kavala HQ and after I was in custody he told a constable to charge me for terrorism (which he did). Thank god Corporal Asari was there or I woulda been out like 18k. What we've been suggesting for a while now was a stricter entrance to the APD with more testing questions. A friend of mine was a Constable a year ago and he's still one now. He's forgotten a whole lot yet he is still whitelisted. Stuff like retesting should be done to keep the APD team clean.

The problem with the APD is the same problem we have with Asylum as a whole...  Everyone thinks they fucking know everything.  Bad information gets passed down the line causing shittier and shittier cops in the APD.

Just deal with it. (Record and Report or shut the fuck up) At the end of the day, it's a game.  If you're not having fun, go try another server or another game...

AND likes this
7 hours ago, Tom Kappa said:

Where is your orca? @Roicesb have you seen it?

ItsLego likes this
7 hours ago, Randy. said:

Dude you pulled a god damn ifrit in front of a cop what did you think was going to happen?

There is once again. 10 online, Idk if you understand that topic, I was trying to lighten up the mood. Roleplay out like "Oops I signed the wrong box" and impound my vehicle instead of seizing it. 

8 hours ago, Dork said:

because its called corruption. not following procedures. 

If he didnt seize it and wanted to mess around with you, while play a WHITELISTED SLOT, he would get in trouble. Especially if someone reported him for it, or a sgt above saw it while playing civ and just happened to look that way. 

look at that @Kevingreen23 beat me to my own point.

Well then Yall take cop wayyyy to seriously then. This isn't hardcore rp, I mean Ffs we have all Rdmed/Vdmed at some point. We have all had some fun. So your telling me an admin wanting to test features is corruption because he wants to see things players have never even seen themselves? So you want a admin banned/demoted because of it? Cmon fam lets be real. Get over yourself

2 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Where is your orca? @Roicesb have you seen it?

Shhhhh :FeelsBadMan:

4 hours ago, Tom Kappa said:

There is once again. 10 online, Idk if you understand that topic, I was trying to lighten up the mood. Roleplay out like "Oops I signed the wrong box" and impound my vehicle instead of seizing it. 

Well then Yall take cop wayyyy to seriously then. This isn't hardcore rp, I mean Ffs we have all Rdmed/Vdmed at some point. We have all had some fun. So your telling me an admin wanting to test features is corruption because he wants to see things players have never even seen themselves? So you want a admin banned/demoted because of it? Cmon fam lets be real. Get over yourself

I have a solution for you. Create a fucking gang and fight back. parents these days teaching their kids to be little B%$#@! instead of standing up for themselves :)

4 hours ago, Tom Kappa said:

There is no impound option on illegal vehicles.

@Tom Kappa

APD Officers MUST seize all illegal vehicle weapons and contraband.

They will face punishment if they aren't seizing illegal weapons drugs and vehicles.

If you pull an ifirit/50cal/qilin/armed jeep it only ends in three ways.

1.) You get away and store it

2.) We catch you and seize the ifirit

3.) Server crashes

The APD Guidebook is in my signature if you would like to read up on the APD rules

Edited by Patato
4 hours ago, Patato said:

@Tom Kappa

APD Officers MUST seize all illegal vehicle weapons and contraband.

They will face punishment if they aren't seizing illegal weapons drugs and vehicles.

If you pull an ifirit/50cal/qilin/armed jeep it only ends in three ways.

1.) You get away and store it

2.) We catch you and seize the ifirit

3.) Server crashes

The APD Guidebook is in my signature if you would like to read up on the APD rules

Mostly number 3.

@Tom Kappa come to square and we can ride around in the bat mobile.

Edited by Batcan
On 12-7-2018 at 0:48 AM, Leady said:

I wish I could say ur unlucky but that would be a lie. Everybody just gets accepted by RA and promoted to constable if they know the speed limit. 

I am sorry but the acceptance is to fucking easy

20 hours ago, Tom Kappa said:

Why do u need to rdm and vdm to have fun? 

On 7/11/2018 at 11:48 PM, Leady said:

Welcome to the new era bud.

but on a real note if it's constables doing the dumb shit it's not the interview process what's fucked it would be the ride along. The ride along should test all aspects of a players knowledge and show there competent enough to know basic procedures.

wollie35 likes this

I definitely feel there should be a minimum playtime requirement for Constables because then we can get rid of the inactive ones and keep the ones that are playing and trying to improve their knowledge.

also:

On 7/11/2018 at 11:48 PM, Leady said:

#bringbacktimeplayedforapplicants

1 hour ago, william said:

I definitely feel there should be a minimum playtime requirement for Constables because then we can get rid of the inactive ones and keep the ones that are playing and trying to improve their knowledge.

also:

I am fucking active don't u take my constable away

On 7/11/2018 at 9:34 PM, PoorAsianBoy said:

The problem is everyone is a whiny little bitch now days. I swear every day im either getting yelled at for apparently not knowing the guidebook when i pull someone over offroading and search them when they just say "oh free country man i can do what i want", or some dude with a 150k bounty is salty and calls me a robocop because "im just in it for the money" and thats why i went after a 150k bounty. I try to be as nice and respectful to civs as possible, but when you cuss me out, call me a retard for not knowing the guidebook, and tell me to kill myself dont expect to get a very reduced ticket. Respect goes both ways, i can guarantee you most cops just want to have fun and dont really give a shit about money we make on cop, because its honestly next to nothing and i would rather have fun rollplaying as long as its not shitty. We are the ones deciding your ticket, it might be a good idea to actually fucking rollplay and be respectful to get out of charges instead of citing the guidebook for why you shouldn't be charged, its just gonna make it worse. Also another thing, just because you "rollplay" a shitty story doesnt mean your gonna get a pardon, try to be creative.