Defragments

Stop this now

27 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Defragments said:

79d4009ff3d0d02fa1080d7181dadf28.jpg

Always has the most players at this time. Stop it from going offline. It doesn't make the other servers more populated, it makes people get off because their server is down.

Facts big man

Share this post


Link to post

Just play Server 1/2 then. If u don't like the fact that it goes down just main another server :shrug:

Silver-Spy and Atra like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Tom Kappa said:

Just play Server 1/2 then. If u don't like the fact that it goes down just main another server :shrug:

I'll just wait for 3 to come up. I would rather just wait, but it doesn't hurt to make a suggestion to see if I can get it changed again.

Huan Lee and DeepHouse like this

Share this post


Link to post

So you want 3 servers with population about 10/20/30?.

Or would you rather have two servers with 30/30 approx

It is better as it is no need to change anything.Go play S1 and S2 if S3 is down.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Silver-Spy said:

So you want 3 servers with population about 10/20/30?.

Or would you rather have two servers with 30/30 approx

It is better as it is no need to change anything.Go play S1 and S2 if S3 is down.

https://prnt.sc/k5ldsn

Silver-Spy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, HomeUser said:

People have houses and are in gangs on 3. Why would you go to another server without houses and without gang perks?

+1

Share this post


Link to post

If you're going to screw over life on this by making it so you have to have two sets of gangs and houses on other servers, just stick to only 2 servers then. The fact that we don't have 5 servers full to the brim during summer is pathetic enough, it's sad that those of us here now are getting our experience screwed over by having a server that comes and goes as it pleases with population on top of all servers crashing constantly.

Defragments likes this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Silver-Spy said:

So you want 3 servers with population about 10/20/30?.

Or would you rather have two servers with 30/30 approx

It is better as it is no need to change anything.Go play S1 and S2 if S3 is down.

Well like I'm sure I'm not the only player that just waits for 3 to go back up to play Asylum. I know most, if not all of my gang only get on when 3 is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Defragments said:

Well like I'm sure I'm not the only player that just waits for 3 to go back up to play Asylum. I know most, if not all of my gang only get on when 3 is up.

Every morning I'm talking to people on other servers and we're all checking and asking to see if 3 is up yet

Defragments likes this

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Silver-Spy said:

So you want 3 servers with population about 10/20/30?.

Or would you rather have two servers with 30/30 approx

It is better as it is no need to change anything.Go play S1 and S2 if S3 is down.

Rather just have servers that didn't lag 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Bag Of Funyuns said:

just switch servers :kermit:

Thank you for your helpful comment. I didn't think of just switching servers. I'll go do that now!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Defragments said:

Thank you for your helpful comment. I didn't think of just switching servers. I'll go do that now!

Well, considering this has been going down for SEVERAL months now.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Silver-Spy said:

So you want 3 servers with population about 10/20/30?.

Or would you rather have two servers with 30/30 approx

It is better as it is no need to change anything.Go play S1 and S2 if S3 is down.

The servers currently lag out with 50 or 60 people on sometimes. Server 1 usually isn't an opton to switch to because it usually has more people meaning it is even more so likely to lag out and crash.In simple terms choosing between 2 servers sucks a lot more then choosing between 3 when there's a damn good chance 2 of those 3 are lagging or will lag soon enough.

Edited by Steve
CrispySliick likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Your argument is fair. I can see how the lack of server permanence can be frustrating - especially for your home server. 

If we think about this from a design perspective:

  • The other two servers get a player count increase.
    • This benefits:
      • Server 1 & 2 native users.
      • Server 3 users that value population over the idea of a permanent, home server. 
    • This causes pain to:
      • Server 3 natives that care about always playing on their home server.

It could appear here that the benefits outweigh the pain caused. Especially since a proportion of the server 3 users value higher population experiences over the idea of a home server. 

If you can disprove this interpretation, or find flaws in it, it is an easy fix.

Silver-Spy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, ItsLacie said:

No whielist perks when 3 is down :(:FeelsBadMan:

Because anyone with a pulse can get whitelisted on a sever averaging 30 people

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LaGrange said:

Your argument is fair. I can see how the lack of server permanence can be frustrating - especially for your home server. 

If we think about this from a design perspective:

  • The other two servers get a player count increase.
    • This benefits:
      • Server 1 & 2 native users.
      • Server 3 users that value population over the idea of a permanent, home server. 
    • This causes pain to:
      • Server 3 natives that care about always playing on their home server.

It could appear here that the benefits outweigh the pain caused. Especially since a proportion of the server 3 users value higher population experiences over the idea of a home server. 

If you can disprove this interpretation, or find flaws in it, it is an easy fix.

2 Servers with 60 people on it that crash is worse then 3 servers with 40 people on each that don't crash. I think the low population ins unhealthy for Asylum but not being able to play is even more so unhealthy for the community.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ItsLacie said:

No whielist perks when 3 is down :(:FeelsBadMan:

Your car is ugly

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, UC  said:

Your car is ugly

Jeep*

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.