Cops Punished On Civ? (Good/Bad?)

Should this be a thing?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be a thing?

• Yes
    • No

I would just like to first off say I don't really care to be honest because I have no chance of ever becoming a cop at this point. I apologized and accepted what I did was wrong but got straight black-listed so Idc. I feel people aren't the same. Why should something you mess up on civ go and represent how you are as a cop? People literally lose there civ personalities because they are too worried about getting points being a cop. I understand you want to "Represent the server" But who gives a fuck fam. What are we honestly representing???? Especially little things that aren't even rules. Such as.... "Dude your getting an IA if u keep doing shit / I'm going to the government website" Why should that get you points on civ? Idk. This just seems like you are asking too much about the lower tier officers and what is expected of them. Because there is no possible way u can get anyone punished above Sgt+ for little things because they are high up the chain, While the lower tier officers such as - Cadet/Constable/Cpl are constantly monitored and any little slipup will have points added to them. 

Edited by Tom Kappa
DeepHouse and Blocker like this

Normally the first REAL interaction with the server is an APD officer.  

Because of that Owners and Development team believe you should be held to a higher standard than your average server hopper.

Dont like it?  Dont join the APD.  It is as simple as that.

As others have said, If you cant keep yourself from breaking server rules, the APD really doesn't want you.  

The last thing I need is an officer in a position of power who cannot show restraint from breaking the rules.

ItsLego, Blade, Silver-Spy and 6 others like this

The points/warning from threatening a IA is there because it can be a form of intimidation for the officer to change the outcome of your processing/ticketing. It can and does have a impact on the officers decisions. Best thing to do is just chill and let them fuck up it's not on you to teach people how to play cop.

Silver-Spy likes this

I think action should only transfer from civ to cop and vice versa if it's a severe offense. For (not totally accurate) example: If I accidentally kill someone on civ because I didn't know my group hadn't properly initiated, it shouldn't give me points on cop. If I improperly use lethals and accidentally rdm a civ in the crossfire on cop during a gun fight, I should only get me point, not a ban. The only time it should carry over is for perm bans, duping account wipes, mass rdm, those things. You essentially have 2 different identities with two sets of expectations, when you're not representing the police force you should be held to the same low standards as everyone else. When you're on cop you should be held to the higher standards that are in place because it IS a whitelisted position that even a noob can recognize, however each side you play on shouldn't have bearing on the other. This is especially true for people that want to mess around on civ and have fun in their own way without necessarily breaking server rules, yet they still get points and the like for inappropriate behavior over petty things like 911 calls.

TL;DR Two sides, two identities, two sets of expectations, and two different punishment processes.

52 minutes ago, Trotfox said:

The only time it should carry over is for perm bans, duping account wipes, mass rdm, those things.

You aren't getting points for that. You're getting removed from the server. Doesn't matter at that point. The fact the admins are gracious enough to allow dupers redemption through temporary bans and account wipes is astounding. But, they have to cater to the retards under bamf's and Paratus' mandate from a year ago. 

I know it was you...

Edited by Maric
Kev 23 likes this
2 hours ago, Cukofuko said:

Dont break server rules?

Ye but messaging 9/11 the wrong way isn't breaking server rules, But u get points/Punished for it. There is a lot of things you get points for that aren't server rules.

2 hours ago, Xavorey said:

Not sending stupid 911's and not threatening people with internal affairs reports isn't very hard

It isn't only that

1 hour ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Normally the first REAL interaction with the server is an APD officer.  

Because of that Owners and Development team believe you should be held to a higher standard than your average server hopper.

Dont like it?  Dont join the APD.  It is as simple as that.

As others have said, If you cant keep yourself from breaking server rules, the APD really doesn't want you.  

The last thing I need is an officer in a position of power who cannot show restraint from breaking the rules.

But the thing is, On civ you are supposed to be a bit more free. I understand as a whitelisted person you should be held with a bit more Intent/Responsibility. But lets be real here, Who wants to get punished for the tiniest little things and get points if someone gets around to reporting you.

1 hour ago, Mason Statham said:

The points/warning from threatening a IA is there because it can be a form of intimidation for the officer to change the outcome of your processing/ticketing. It can and does have a impact on the officers decisions. Best thing to do is just chill and let them fuck up it's not on you to teach people how to play cop.

If everyone reported the cops when they did something wrong, We would have 25% of the cop population, Lets be real here. 

1 hour ago, Trotfox said:

I think action should only transfer from civ to cop and vice versa if it's a severe offense. For (not totally accurate) example: If I accidentally kill someone on civ because I didn't know my group hadn't properly initiated, it shouldn't give me points on cop. If I improperly use lethals and accidentally rdm a civ in the crossfire on cop during a gun fight, I should only get me point, not a ban. The only time it should carry over is for perm bans, duping account wipes, mass rdm, those things. You essentially have 2 different identities with two sets of expectations, when you're not representing the police force you should be held to the same low standards as everyone else. When you're on cop you should be held to the higher standards that are in place because it IS a whitelisted position that even a noob can recognize, however each side you play on shouldn't have bearing on the other. This is especially true for people that want to mess around on civ and have fun in their own way without necessarily breaking server rules, yet they still get points and the like for inappropriate behavior over petty things like 911 calls.

TL;DR Two sides, two identities, two sets of expectations, and two different punishment processes.

Fucking thank you. Exactly what I was trying to say. I just didn't know how to properly word it. Get this man a medal^

1 hour ago, Trotfox said:

@Clint Beastwood 

This man is on to something.

Threatening an IA should still be punishable. 

Getting a single one time RDM ban on Civ should not affect cop reputation.

If you just avoid sending any stupid 911 messages / threatening an ia  and you don’t break any server rules you shouldn’t end up with any points from being on civ. Even if something comes up the lts will usually work with you on resolving the situation unless they realize you’re a total moron

5 hours ago, Tom Kappa said:

I would just like to first off say I don't really care to be honest because I have no chance of ever becoming a cop at this point. I apologized and accepted what I did was wrong but got straight black-listed so Idc. I feel people aren't the same. Why should something you mess up on civ go and represent how you are as a cop? People literally lose there civ personalities because they are too worried about getting points being a cop. I understand you want to "Represent the server" But who gives a fuck fam. What are we honestly representing???? Especially little things that aren't even rules. Such as.... "Dude your getting an IA if u keep doing shit / I'm going to the government website" Why should that get you points on civ? Idk. This just seems like you are asking too much about the lower tier officers and what is expected of them. Because there is no possible way u can get anyone punished above Sgt+ for little things because they are high up the chain, While the lower tier officers such as - Cadet/Constable/Cpl are constantly monitored and any little slipup will have points added to them. 

I stopped reading after the first sentence, because you “Really don’t care” so why should we. Locked 

Kev 23, HomeTrlx, ItsLego and 1 other like this