Scopes/Suppressors?

I could be missing it I guess in some shop, by how come there is nothing better than a 2x on the server?

Edit:

Added the question of suppressors as well. If you are going to rob people in the city and you could help it in an RP scenario you would use a suppressor to avoid people hearing the murder you just committed.

Edited by DiversityCSGO

A scope and/or suppressor wouldn't break RP, the USA has suppressors available for purchase after certain requirements are met so why wouldn't a militaristic island such as altis where every cop is armed with a carbine have suppressors? Civilians can purchase high quality non military grade scopes easily.

1 hour ago, DiversityCSGO said:

Yeah a DMS would be nice actually a pretty perfect range at 4x, also while we're on this subject why no suppressors as well?

we have suppressors in the server but cops only get them for their po7 and can put it on all 9mm guns other than that we dont have any

1 hour ago, Chow Mein said:

If you want items such as the ones stated above, you can go to Olympus. They have launchers and many other items that have nothing to do with RP.

I don't know why you are offended or are even trying to motion players to another server. I am simply asking for why we don't have them here. I didnt ask for a 25x like Clint suggested, the 4x scope is perfectly fine and the reason is for the PVP scenarios (bank robbery, gang wars) not RP. I didn't ask for launchers I like not having launchers other than the RPG which is kept pretty much off limits at 30k a rocket.

I feel like you are just completely disregarding we have red zones that basically kill sites to limit players from doing illegal things on top of the cops being against them too. Even if someone fails an RP scenario with a 4x at what 400m I guess that they are abusing it. Just report them for RDM what does it change if someone RDM"s you from 10m then 400m. Report them to get them off this server and move on.

Blocker, Dally and Kettles like this
Just now, Patato said:

The only scope i could see getting added is the NVS, Its a night vision scope only with no red dot. it cant be zero'd but has a 4x zoom. I wouldn't mind it considering it would be utterly useless during the day as it is purely night vision

I think @Blocker 's suggestion with a DMS is perfect. It's just a plane 4x. However, I do think it should be an expensive attachment. 3-5k at rebel seems fair considering a RCO 2x is about 1200. 

The DMS if added would definitely need to be added for both rebel and cops though so it can be countered. However, if we still think the DMS is to OP the NVS does sound like a good second option. Might even force bank robbers to happen at night. The only thing that sucks about this is the night cycle lasts for like 1 min total.

5 hours ago, Blocker said:

A scope and/or suppressor wouldn't break RP, the USA has suppressors available for purchase after certain requirements are met so why wouldn't a militaristic island such as altis where every cop is armed with a carbine have suppressors? Civilians can purchase high quality non military grade scopes easily.

Those certain requirements are pretty strict, and getting a license isn't cheap.  Rebels also dont run around just using suppressors either. 

Walt likes this
2 hours ago, HotWings said:

Those certain requirements are pretty strict, and getting a license isn't cheap.  Rebels also dont run around just using suppressors either. 

Yea it is hard to get a suppressor but you are talking about 1st world countries, and if rebels could run around with suppressor they would 

3 hours ago, Blocker said:

Yea it is hard to get a suppressor but you are talking about 1st world countries, and if rebels could run around with suppressor they would 

I dont believe that for a second. If warlords wanted them, they would have them.  There just simply isnt a reason to have a suppressed weapon for QCQ and everyday fighting.  They're specialized tools, and certainly discourage RP in every sense of their existence.

12 hours ago, HotWings said:

I dont believe that for a second. If warlords wanted them, they would have them.  There just simply isnt a reason to have a suppressed weapon for QCQ and everyday fighting.  They're specialized tools, and certainly discourage RP in every sense of their existence.

First off, you are talking about warlords and I’m talking about rebels, if you could gain an edge against your opponent why wouldn’t you? And what the hell is QCQ? If suppressors were easy to acquire and cheap, it would be stupid to not take advantage of that unless you were fighting in certain scenarios but last I heard 3rd world rebels are just a bunch of ape like fighters out for blood.

4 hours ago, wollie35 said:

Scopes are fine suppressors are aids. 

No need for more scopes /suppressors. If u need a scope higher then a 2x for cops at Bank you might wanna use a mouse instead of a controller 

End. 

You must be the team that stacks their entire squad in the bank building instead of taking advantage of the rest of the area.

2 minutes ago, wollie35 said:

our entire squad contains usually 2-3 people so yes we play bank, and we usually reck anything 8 cops or below @Space

Explains why you dont care then.

Also not saying you cant make the shot with a 2x. Just saying in a normal scenario someone wouldnt be on 2nd ATM building with a 2x they would use a 4x-8x to avoid the unavoidable breath sway (without holding your breath) that increases compared to 4x and 2x. Its not a matter of skill its a question of why are the rebels underarmed in the scenario.

Another thing that I liked about the idea of scopes is “I have a sniper on you” is not dead RP if this was added.

Edited by DiversityCSGO
1 hour ago, Blocker said:

First off, you are talking about warlords and I’m talking about rebels, if you could gain an edge against your opponent why wouldn’t you? And what the hell is QCQ? If suppressors were easy to acquire and cheap, it would be stupid to not take advantage of that unless you were fighting in certain scenarios but last I heard 3rd world rebels are just a bunch of ape like fighters out for blood.

Warlords.... Rebels....  Not a huge difference there bucko.  If suppressors were the end all be all to gun fights why does literally no one use them?  Suppressors provide little to no real advantage, its only perceived by those who think they need it.  There is no such thing as a silent gun, you still hear it and anyone who isnt retarded is going to know where it is coming from.  Even in situations where it would actually reduce the noise level to where you cant hear it, those situations will always have an obvious location of the shooter.  This is an RP server, you can literally go play sniper elite if you want silenced sniper rifles.

CQC.... Dont ask stupid over a typo.

13 minutes ago, DiversityCSGO said:

You must be the team that stacks their entire squad in the bank building instead of taking advantage of the rest of the area.

The entire bank area is less than 400 meters overall, a 2x and even red dot are adequate at the distance. 

Fried Rice likes this
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

The entire bank area is less than 400 meters overall, a 2x and even red dot are adequate at the distance. 

Im not saying its impossible or anything. Just under armed. In real life a swat team will go a building away with something like a 4x to get accurate shots. Because a scope just means more accuracy.

5 hours ago, DiversityCSGO said:

Im not saying its impossible or anything. Just under armed. In real life a swat team will go a building away with something like a 4x to get accurate shots. Because a scope just means more accuracy.

In real life you wouldnt be robbing a broom closet full of cash with a diamond tipped drill :frog:

In all reality the SWAT sniper would be on the hill out east with a MK-14 and an 8x.  But lets not even go there

Fried Rice and Fitz like this
13 hours ago, HotWings said:

In real life you wouldnt be robbing a broom closet full of cash with a diamond tipped drill :frog:

In all reality the SWAT sniper would be on the hill out east with a MK-14 and an 8x.  But lets not even go there

I won't even act like I know about the SWAT team's procedures. But I do have a lot of firearm experience. I cant see the SWAT team increasing the distance and increasing the room for error with wind/distance. Maybe a building away is a bit of an understatement maybe a few buildings is more accurate. But some hill out east sounds like a 1,000M+ shot -- Not to say it cant be hit and cant be done consistently. But there is more room for error in which a civilian can be harmed. 

Also, you never know. Maybe the demand for brooms is very high :thinking:

Edited by DiversityCSGO
16 minutes ago, Bob Lee said:

What’s going to be your next suggestion? Tanks?

Obviously, you cannot read the category or the thread.

Maybe this will clear it up for you when the thread ended but people like you still cannot read and are still replying nonsense.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:17 AM, DiversityCSGO said:

Alright, well it looks like I got my answer. Everyone seems to think scopes/silencers kill RP.

Thanks guys :)

Edited by DiversityCSGO
On 7/14/2018 at 11:19 PM, DiversityCSGO said:

Explains why you dont care then.

Also not saying you cant make the shot with a 2x. Just saying in a normal scenario someone wouldnt be on 2nd ATM building with a 2x they would use a 4x-8x to avoid the unavoidable breath sway (without holding your breath) that increases compared to 4x and 2x. Its not a matter of skill its a question of why are the rebels underarmed in the scenario.

Another thing that I liked about the idea of scopes is “I have a sniper on you” is not dead RP if this was added.

lol sounds like its a matter of skill, You're complaining you need better gear when pretty much everyone in asylum is good without that gear. They're not under armed also wtf is 2nd ATM building?

6 minutes ago, Brendon Smith said:

I think hes talking about bank but you cant be too sure 

I am.

1 hour ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

lol sounds like its a matter of skill, You're complaining you need better gear when pretty much everyone in asylum is good without that gear. They're not under armed also wtf is 2nd ATM building?

I'm not complaining, Also it's not skilled its the raw fact that you can hit consistent shots better with an 8x/4x than a 2x and its the right equipment for the job, You don't see recon units in the military scouting with a 2x cause of their "skill", they bring the right equipment for the job... and it was a simple question of "why" if you read the original thread.

Also, this thread has been finished already, so please stop bringing up an already solved question:

On 7/14/2018 at 11:17 AM, DiversityCSGO said:

Alright, well it looks like I got my answer. Everyone seems to think scopes/silencers kill RP.

Thanks guys :)

Edited by DiversityCSGO
3 minutes ago, Brendon Smith said:

Ok so there is first atm and then there is bank 

I mean there is 1st ATM then another ATM building of the same model (bank) so our team call's it 2nd ATM.

Just different people call it different things, sometimes we say 2nd ATM sometimes we say bank. I don't understand how everyone on this forums gets so upset over the smallest things. It's kinda hilarious actually. :shrug: