Cop Punishment Con.

I believe I came off entirely wrong on that post, But Trotfox summed it up quite while, And considering there was more no voters on the post I believe it is something that should be looked at / Feedback given into. The reason I said I don't care is a lot of officers don't like to speak there opinion on certain things involving the APD as it could reflect badly, Not the fact that I don't care about the topic. @Trotfox gave a fantastic response on this that I believe should be better on what I was trying to get across

"I think action should only transfer from civ to cop and vice versa if it's a severe offense. For (not totally accurate) example: If I accidentally kill someone on civ because I didn't know my group hadn't properly initiated, it shouldn't give me points on cop. If I improperly use lethals and accidentally rdm a civ in the crossfire on cop during a gun fight, I should only get me point, not a ban. The only time it should carry over is for perm bans, duping account wipes, mass rdm, those things. You essentially have 2 different identities with two sets of expectations, when you're not representing the police force you should be held to the same low standards as everyone else. When you're on cop you should be held to the higher standards that are in place because it IS a whitelisted position that even a noob can recognize, however each side you play on shouldn't have bearing on the other. This is especially true for people that want to mess around on civ and have fun in their own way without necessarily breaking server rules, yet they still get points and the like for inappropriate behavior over petty things like 911 calls.

TL;DR Two sides, two identities, two sets of expectations, and two different punishment processes."

Could we be constructive with this post and try to keep it on the topic? Although I know it will end up off-topic and locked eventually :P

I don't understand why you care so much if you aren't a cop.

I mean do you see the amount of time's people complain about rdm or shit like that, if we made it so that it doesn't affect someones Cop status then i'm pretty sure we would see an increase in the amount of rdm,vdm,etc

Another reason would be what Clint said imagine having an Higher up such as an LT who is banned constantly. Yea i understand that you would want to make it so that he isn't punished until after a few times but that would be pretty bad for Cop side of things, imagine having LT's and SGTs being banned for a week or whatever but it's okay they can keep the rank because that person doesn't get punished for that stuff because its a civ thing. This would make some higher ups look inactive and potentially cause other issues.

Hopefully you can understand why the APD is like that as we don't want people to represent the APD who can't follow server rules.

Penguin_, Patato, Alex. and 2 others like this
2 minutes ago, Kevingreen23 said:

I don't understand why you care so much if you aren't a cop.

I mean do you see the amount of time's people complain about rdm or shit like that, if we made it so that it doesn't affect someones Cop status then i'm pretty sure we would see an increase in the amount of rdm,vdm,etc

Another reason would be what Clint said imagine having an Higher up such as an LT who is banned constantly. Yea i understand that you would want to make it so that he isn't punished until after a few times but that would be pretty bad for Cop side of things, imagine having LT's and SGTs being banned for a week or whatever but it's okay they can keep the rank because that person doesn't get punished for that stuff because its a civ thing. This would make some higher ups look inactive and potentially cause other issues.

Hopefully you can understand why the APD is like that as we don't want people to represent the APD who can't follow server rules.

The reason I care so much about this, Is I have personally seen it affect some players personalities. I mean, Lets take @justi for an example. I used to know him as the Kavala cop killing rat like I used to be. But now, He is a new person being a cadet. 

The thing you don't understand though is, 80% of the people that get a cop status are most likely here to stay or be here for a while, They aren't going to be the type to go around mass Rdming and breaking various rules

Then have the higher up explain why they have been gone. There is plenty of ranks to go around when it comes to Sgt+

Its the little things though.... If you break a large rule I can understand how it affects. I don't know I just have a bad taste left in my mouth

I still wonder how a guy that rams his heli intentionally into someone and then proceeds to boast about breaking the rules on forums like a trophy is still an officer. But yet myself, I give someone 100k and get blacklisted with no chance for unblacklisting. Something doesn't seem right :thinking:

2 minutes ago, Tom Kappa said:

The reason I care so much about this, Is I have personally seen it affect some players personalities. I mean, Lets take @justi for an example. I used to know him as the Kavala cop killing rat like I used to be. But now, He is a new person being a cadet. 

Of course, I act differently now. You have to adapt to your environments. I used to be a pot smoking loser before I got employment as a corrections officer, but now I take myself very seriously and have to abide by a standard and it is no different with the APD. 

If you can't follow their rules and standards, you can't be in it. It is that simple.

With that said, I agree there are definitely some problems in the APD, but posts like these won't do a damn thing about them, it would be better to take it up with high ranking officers/leaders and let them teach the new guys like me and many others. 

Edited by justi
2 minutes ago, justi said:

Of course, I act differently now. You have to adapt to your environments. I used to be a pot smoking loser before I got employment as a corrections officer, but now I take myself very seriously and have to abide by a standard and it is no different with the APD. 

If you can't follow their rules and standards, you can't be in it. It is that simple.

With that said, I agree there are definitely some problems in the APD, but posts like these won't do a damn thing about them, it would be better to take it up with high ranking officers/leaders and let them teach the new guys like me and many others. 

See, This isn't the Justi I know.... U act like talking to the higher ups will do anything. What am I going to go into support and be like " I have a suggestion ". I more or less use this for insight from the community and other members to get both sides of the story. I also just want to throw the idea out there for people to think about

DeepHouse likes this
12 minutes ago, Tom Kappa said:

He can still kill cops all he wants, I think everyday for the past week all I've been doing while i'm on civ with my gang is constant banks or kidnapping officers( Just ask @MoralityVII how much he loves being kidnapped:wub:)    If he wants to change so be it.

80% of the people that get a cop status are most likely here to stay or be here for a while

If only you knew how many people get Cadet or constable then just disappear, honestly it's more like 30% of the people who get cop lately stay that long maybe even lower.

Then have the higher up explain why they have been gone. There is plenty of ranks to go around when it comes to Sgt+

Its the little things though.... If you break a large rule I can understand how it affects. I don't know I just have a bad taste left in my mouth

It doesn't really look that good to have an higher up explaining that they've been gone because they were banned as they are held to a higher standard. If you rdm someone just go and comp them or whatever, If you break a larger rule then you would receive a lot more points then just a single rdm, all points that are given are based on how long the ban is and how serious it is, if you get a rdm ban and get points then you'd most likely try and make sure it doesn't happen again otherwise the ban would most likely be longer and the points would be bigger. 

I still wonder how a guy that rams his heli intentionally into someone and then proceeds to boast about breaking the rules on forums like a trophy is still an officer. But yet myself, I give someone 100k and get blacklisted with no chance for unblacklisting. Something doesn't seem right :thinking:

I don't remember how that went but i'm pretty sure the was reasoning as to why it ended the way it did and as for your blacklisting i think we both know that there's probably more to the story.

If you ever have an APD suggestion then put it here and you would receive good feedback http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/72-suggestion-box/

Edited by Kevingreen23
Buck likes this

To be honest I see nothing wrong with all this.

When you are a cop on here you are held to higher standards then your normal player. Punishments should follow the same importance.

Though it should be said that no matter who you are, you should always follow the rules no matter how large or small.

But now that I said all that time for the funny part. I only came to this thread because I thought it was about me getting in trouble. Cop Punishment Con, heh...

Just now, Kevingreen23 said:

He can still kill cops all he wants, I think everyday for the past week all I've been doing while i'm on civ with my gang is constant banks or kidnapping officers( Just ask @MoralityVII how much he loves being kidnapped:wub:)    If he wants to change so be it.

If only you knew how many people get Cadet or constable then just disappear, honestly it's more like 30% of the people who get cop lately stay that long maybe even lower.

It doesn't really look that good to have an higher up explaining that they've been gone because they were banned as they are held to a higher standard. If you rdm someone just go and comp them or whatever, If you break a larger rule then you would receive a lot more points then just a single rdm, all points that are given are based on how long the ban is and how serious it is, if you get a rdm ban and get points then you'd most likely try and make sure it doesn't happen again otherwise the ban would most likely be longer and the points would be bigger. 

I don't remember how that went but i'm pretty sure the was reasoning as to why it ended the way it did and as for your blacklisting i think we both know that there's probably more to the story.

There is no way only 30% of all cops that are constable+ end up staying, But with the way the server has been fucky lately how can u blame them haha

Its not like you would look at someone differently if they broke a rule. Shit happens. I mean ffs 5+ people in my gang duped and did that change my opinion on them? No, they are still the same shitters I know and I am friends with.

Of course there was more to it. Also as far as the heli thing, There was nothing behind the story at all. 3 of us gathered together and waited for 5 officers to be online to do a bank with. But since YOUR OFFICERS didn't respond accordingly, The cop took it out on us. But is still in the same shoes he was in to that day. I'm sure a Vdm / Rdm of 3 people + the bragging about it on forums is much more than 6 points. Just saying :frog:

2 minutes ago, ItsLacie said:

I don't get why you keep making posts about it. Is it really so hard to just follow rules? I really don't understand why you feel the need to make post about cop stuff when your not a cop. Just stop it has no effect on you what so ever unless your a cop. Soooooo.... 

I mean it does have an effect on me. It effects the people I play with, and there personalities on civ. I feel the need to make the post too because some of the community is clearly concerned with it because there is a lot of people voting back and fourth on it... 0709401c3f379c3d80ef6cb4e7dd1145.png

Just now, conthegodoffire said:

To be honest I see nothing wrong with all this.

When you are a cop on here you are held to higher standards then your normal player. Punishments should follow the same importance.

Though it should be said that no matter who you are, you should always follow the rules no matter how large or small.

But now that I said all that time for the funny part. I only came to this thread because I thought it was about me getting in trouble. Cop Punishment Con, heh...

I'm not saying that you shouldn't follow the rules but it is the little things that people are constantly concerned about. Its about having fun and not needing to worry about that rank you worked so hard for / studied up for. 

That is funny though. My apologies

Just now, Tom Kappa said:

I'm not saying that you shouldn't follow the rules but it is the little things that people are constantly concerned about. Its about having fun and not needing to worry about that rank you worked so hard for / studied up for. 

That is funny though. My apologies

Well i don't understand what you mean by having fun i have fun everyday trolling in kavala doing crazy things still no points on my record 

You can have fun as much as you want, you just can't break rules bby 

ItsLego likes this
2 minutes ago, Gaskal said:

Well i don't understand what you mean by having fun i have fun everyday trolling in kavala doing crazy things still no points on my record 

Yes but you have LT's who are point happy and give you points, check my app for example, ive had admins say its bs i got those points thats not what those points are ment for, i completely agree with @Tom Kappa

Edited by thelegendarywookie
Mank likes this
3 minutes ago, Gaskal said:

Can't agree with you on this one Gaskal. But u will always have my +1 K3

Just now, thelegendarywookie said:

Yes but you have LT's who are point happy and give you points, check my app for example, ive had admins say its bs i got those points thats not what those points are ment for, i completely agree with @Tom Kappa

Thanks Wookie :D

Here’s what you fail to understand @Tom Kappa: We have plenty of players in this community who border on being permed on a daily basis due to their carefree attitude towards server rules. Majority of those players are not members of the APD due to being blacklisted/ other reasons.

If you’re a whitelisted member of this community you’re held to a higher standard, much like law enforcement in real life. Law enforcement in real life are also subject to department action for off-duty behavior. 

Keeping things this way ensures we ONLY retain players on the APD who can be mature and follow simple server and APD rules. Whitelisted members might think twice before committing a server violation while on civ because they know it will effect their APD status. 

Honestly, I wouldn’t want it any other way because we are already super liberal on punishment and most of the time the points are removed if a ban is lifted. We give so many chances to people these days. 

Tyler, Scott, ItsLego and 3 others like this
6 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Here’s what you fail to understand @Tom Kappa: We have plenty of players in this community who border on being permed on a daily basis due to their carefree attitude towards server rules. Majority of those players are not members of the APD due to being blacklisted/ other reasons.

If you’re a whitelisted member of this community you’re held to a higher standard, much like law enforcement in real life. Law enforcement in real life are also subject to department action for off-duty behavior. 

Keeping things this way ensures we ONLY retain players on the APD who can be mature and follow simple server and APD rules. Whitelisted members might think twice before committing a server violation while on civ because they know it will effect their APD status. 

Honestly, I wouldn’t want it any other way because we are already super liberal on punishment and most of the time the points are removed if a ban is lifted. We give so many chances to people these days. 

Idk, I feel this topic comes with a grain of salt for me. I made a fuckup mistake that looks terrible when it comes to the logs. All over 100k. I would pay 1m+ for the chance to be back apart of the APD. It gave me a break from the normal bounty hunter/rebel life 

Understandable, but this really isn't real life....

Its the little things, I'm not talking straight up Rdming/Vdming someone

I wish I got a second chance :FeelsBadMan:

Edit ; But thank you for the response everyone, I do appreciate it. No reason I want to fight or be toxic with everyone. Don't look at my posts in that manner, I want them to be passive agressive in a sense.

Edited by Tom Kappa
1 hour ago, Kevingreen23 said:

Shouldnt matter "how it goes" when something is that obvious a breach of rules and protocol it should be dealt with harshly.  There was no "accident" that was purely planned out VDM.

53 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Now you're just lying to everyone @BaDaBiNg_10-8 stop :)

26 minutes ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

You gonna ban me for 2 weeks and I have never had a ban evader before in any of the gangs Ive lead. Yet Betrayed plays with Logr and nothing happens :thinking:

Difference between them and you was the ban evader from Betrayal came on and duped his money for fighting. You provided funds to connor mcgregor so he could participate in your fighting.

@Tom Kappa

I'm sorry i really don't understand your point here or how it benefits anything.

When you sign up for the APD you knowingly agree that your being held to a higher standard than the rest of the player base. Why? Because your meant to be a role-model. A cop can easily make someone rage quit or leave the server for good if they decide to break cop rules or use the position to further themselves financially. Playing cop is fully optional and when you apply for that white-listed slot you are giving up your own personal enjoyment and freedom so that you can benefit other players.

Ideally cops will all be the best of the best and in every situation they will know every rule and they will never make a mistake whether they are on civ or on cop and speaking from my own personal experience In just about 3 years of playing civ i never once received a ban kick or warning from an admin. I have not gotten a single point on my application since becoming an officer. And when a point showed up on my app i simply talked to whoever gave it and got it removed.

In my time as a cop i have made mistakes or had accidents, RDMing someone who i thought was fighting me, catching a civilian in the crossfire. I have even accidentally VDM'd a Orca with my hummingbird. Yet I've managed to escape any and all punishment because i have gone back and made it right. Once your a white-listed member of the community you no longer have the ability to plead ignorance because your expected to know better. Your expected to keep up to date on the rules and when you do make a mistake own up to it and make it right. 

If a off duty officer makes a genuine mistake while playing civilian and they don't attempt to make it right then they clearly don't understand what it means to be a white-listed officer and they shouldn't be on the APD. 

There have been situations where i RDM'd someone on Civ and they refused to give a reasonable amount for me to comp them. ((Asking 100k for a rook and street clothes)) i simply said they can file a report and ill be happy to discuss it with an admin as to why i didn't make it right. Belive it or not admins dont want to perm ban people for no reason/minor offences. Because its pretty hard to be an admin of a server with no players.

No admin ban = no points

Finally

Imagine your a cop irl. You can be the best cop in the city, but if you go out on weekends when your "off-duty" and your starting fights, getting into trouble with the law. Even if they are not felony offences your going to be removed from your position in the department because your expected to be a role-model and you became a cop knowing the consequences of your actions.

Edited by Patato
14 minutes ago, Patato said:

@Tom Kappa

I'm sorry i really don't understand your point here or how it benefits anything.

When you sign up for the APD you knowingly agree that your being held to a higher standard than the rest of the player base. Why? Because your meant to be a role-model. A cop can easily make someone rage quit or leave the server for good if they decide to break cop rules or use the position to further themselves financially. Playing cop is fully optional and when you apply for that white-listed slot you are giving up your own personal enjoyment and freedom so that you can benefit other players.

Ideally cops will all be the best of the best and in every situation they will know every rule and they will never make a mistake where they are on civ or on cop and speaking from my own personal experience In just about 3 years of playing civ i never once received a ban kick or warning from an admin. I have not gotten a single point on my application since becoming an officer. 

In my time as a cop i have made mistakes or had accidents, RDMing someone who i thought was fighting me, catching a civilian in the crossfire. I have even accidentally VDM'd a Orca with my hummingbird. Yet I've managed to escape any and all punishment because i have gone back and made it right. Once your a white-listed member of the community you no longer have the ability to plead ignorance because your expected to know better. Your expected to keep up to date on the rules and when you do make a mistake own up to it and make it right. 

If a off duty officer makes a genuine mistake while playing civilian and they don't attempt to make it right then they clearly don't understand what it means to be a white-listed officer and they shouldn't be on the APD. 

There have been situations where i RDM'd someone on Civ and they refused to give a reasonable amount for me to comp them. ((Asking 100k for a rook and street clothes)) i simply said they can file a report and ill be happy to discuss it with an admin as to why i didn't make it right. Belive it or not admins dont want to perm ban people for no reason/minor offences. Because its pretty hard to be an admin of a server with no players.

No admin ban = no points

Finally

Imagine your a cop irl. You can be the best cop in the city, but if you go out on weekends when your "off-duty" and your starting fights, getting into trouble with the law. Even if they are not felony offences your going to be removed from your position in the department because your expected to be a role-model and you became a cop knowing the consequences of your actions.

lol role play model most of the cops dont rp 

37 minutes ago, .MV said:

lol role play model most of the cops dont rp 

RP is only one aspect of being a cop. When i play civ id rather have a cop correctly charge me and have bad rp. Then have amazing RP but work me up to 100k bounty cus he doesn't know the charges.

3 hours ago, ItsLacie said:

I don't get why you keep making posts about it. Is it really so hard to just follow rules? I really don't understand why you feel the need to make post about cop stuff when your not a cop. Just stop it has no effect on you what so ever unless your a cop. Soooooo.... 

When a minor accident happens on one side and screws you over on both, that's when it gets irriatating

2 hours ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Well that's all just admitting that the server is completely dying and you can't even hold the standards you want to because there's noone to replenish the population. I don't even understand how you can mention real life law enforcement when this IS a game, people ARE here to have fun, and this is barely and RP server compared to the other options out there. You can't have your cake and eat it too by saying you want people to be held to strict standards and kicked out if they can't handle it, but then turn around and go "oh wait but there's noone on the servers anymore" but that's another issue entirely

53 minutes ago, Patato said:

@Tom Kappa

Ideally cops will all be the best of the best and in every situation they will know every rule and they will never make a mistake where they are on civ or on cop and speaking from my own personal experience In just about 3 years of playing civ i never once received a ban kick or warning from an admin. I have not gotten a single point on my application since becoming an officer. 

No admin ban = no points

Finally

This is bullshit. I'm guessing you're a well liked higher up, with plenty of friends in high places, and when you get into trouble you can get into quick contact with an admin or higher up. Many times when I've gotten in trouble as civ or cop I can't even get someone to talk to me about it before my ban is up, or they say my evidence is insufficient. SORRY that I can't record 24/7 JUST IN CASE Arma pulls some bullshit or something genuinely accidentally happens. As far as making things right after something, I've had bans not removed after giving comp to other players EVEN AFTER proving that I transferred money or whatever, so don't even try to use that. Sometimes you mess up and you can't even make up for it, which just adds to the bullshit. I've never gone around purposefully abusing lethals, failrping, rdming, vdming, combat logging, etc. and yet I've got points and bans for days over 4 years. HELL thanks to the ban transfer to points BS I've had points keep even after a ban is removed. This server is all about the favorites game, so if you don't have friends in high places, you get extremely screwed over with bans and points, so when you get both for one offense, it really really sucks.

Tom Kappa likes this
1 minute ago, Trotfox said:

When a minor accident happens on one side and screws you over on both, that's when it gets irriatating

Well that's all just admitting that the server is completely dying and you can't even hold the standards you want to because there's noone to replenish the population. I don't even understand how you can mention real life law enforcement when this IS a game, people ARE here to have fun, and this is barely and RP server compared to the other options out there. You can't have your cake and eat it too by saying you want people to be held to strict standards and kicked out if they can't handle it, but then turn around and go "oh wait but there's noone on the servers anymore" but that's another issue entirely

This is bullshit. I'm guessing you're a well liked higher up, with plenty of friends in high places, and when you get into trouble you can get into quick contact with an admin or higher up. Many times when I've gotten in trouble as civ or cop I can't even get someone to talk to me about it before my ban is up, or they say my evidence is insufficient. SORRY that I can't record 24/7 JUST IN CASE Arma pulls some bullshit or something genuinely accidentally happens. As far as making things right after something, I've had bans not removed after giving comp to other players EVEN AFTER proving that I transferred money or whatever, so don't even try to use that. Sometimes you mess up and you can't even make up for it, which just adds to the bullshit. I've never gone around purposefully abusing lethals, failrping, rdming, vdming, combat logging, etc. and yet I've got points and bans for days over 4 years. HELL thanks to the ban transfer to points BS I've had points keep even after a ban is removed. This server is all about the favorites game, so if you don't have friends in high places, you get extremely screwed over with bans and points, so when you get both for one offense, it really really sucks.

Find me a server/game or RL situation where having friends in high places is not benificial. It’s not about what you know, it’s who you know. Don’t try and play the poor me card, because plenty of players do just fine day in and day out for years. 

Excuses is all I hear. Man up. 

Ba-KA likes this
17 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Probably because you screamed, “shut the fuck up and give me my ticket.” 

I've been getting full tickets after turning myself in, charged with harassment for cursing, and pulled by an LT because his gang wanted him to get me in trouble, so let's not even pretend cops can manage to roleplay. With how hard it is to earn money, I'm not surprised cops don't want to pardon people, hell, you can get in trouble for pardoning people. You get in trouble for literally everything to the point where people are afraid or pressured to do certain things. 

It is funny when people say you cannot compare this to real life because this is a game.  This game is based on real life.  The Asylum Community and real life share a lot of common values and beliefs, which can be seen in both the server rules and the APD guidelines.  If you cannot make those connections and try to hide behind "its just a game" you are just coming up with excuses to justify your actions.  

I understand people need an outlet, a place to release the stress, and doing so is highly encouraged.  I have a very libertarian view when it comes to this stuff.  Have as much fun as you want, but once you start interfering with other people trying to have fun as well, I have a big problem.  Yes accidents happen and the admin team is pretty well trained to use #empathy and correct those mistakes, but if you keep making the same mistakes and aren't learning, then why are you here? The admin team will not allow you to continue playing on this server.  And if you are a whitelisted individual, you better believe its going to bite you in the ass. 

Actions have consequences, deal with it.

48 minutes ago, Trotfox said:

I've been getting full tickets after turning myself in

Report it

48 minutes ago, Trotfox said:

charged with harassment for cursing

You were probably cursing out a cop when all he was trying to do was process you, if thats not the case report it because giving the harassment charge is a big deal

50 minutes ago, Trotfox said:

and pulled by an LT because his gang wanted him to get me in trouble

You were probably doing something stupid and the LT only gave you a warning or sought clarification on the issue but if they continue seek a captain

51 minutes ago, Trotfox said:

With how hard it is to earn money

I have run millions of dollars worth of scotch and never had the cops show up. Not once. If you are running meth at peak times there is no one to blame but yourself.

52 minutes ago, Trotfox said:

you can get in trouble for pardoning people

Aside from pardoning your own gang mates as long as there was sufficient RP to deserve the pardon you should be fine, I see pardons of 100k+ bounty's often enough