Cop Punishment Con.

1 hour ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Find me a server/game or RL situation where having friends in high places is not benificial. It’s not about what you know, it’s who you know. Don’t try and play the poor me card, because plenty of players do just fine day in and day out for years. 

Excuses is all I hear. Man up. 

OK so as an admin you completely admit there's favoritism, which creates a poor playing experience for some, and a great one for others. And shit happens, people get lucky or unlucky, or you can just never shoot anyone or say anything without sitting there thinking about it and making quadruple sure because you don't want to get in trouble. The problem with that is it's a GAME and people are here to have FUN. After X amount of time it shouldn't even matter, there should be no record, that stuff goes away slower than the player base. It's not about manning up or owning up, I'm fine with handling my mistakes, my problem comes when I literally can't get in contact with anyone to help with a situation since I'm not friends with people in positions of power. How the hell is it fair that a gang member can  make a claim without filing a report and have their higher up buddy get you in trouble? How is it fair that an admin can issue a ban and not be available for contact until hour 71 of 72? It's bullshit that some people get the free ride to enjoy this GAME and have FUN with no real repercussions, and others have to sit there overthinking every situation to make sure no action gets taken against them.

xlOutsiderlx likes this
2 hours ago, Trotfox said:

When a minor accident happens on one side and screws you over on both, that's when it gets irriatating

Ive made minor accidents as a constable and was able to get them resolved.

Well that's all just admitting that the server is completely dying and you can't even hold the standards you want to because there's noone to replenish the population.

Servers have been dying for 3 years. Cant speak for the administration on this one though

I don't even understand how you can mention real life law enforcement when this IS a game, people ARE here to have fun, and this is barely and RP server compared to the other options out there.

See @Deazy Johnson Post

You can't have your cake and eat it too by saying you want people to be held to strict standards and kicked out if they can't handle it, but then turn around and go "oh wait but there's noone on the servers anymore" but that's another issue entirely

Your misconstruing what ive said. If you get kicked off the APD and you quit. Its not on the APD But an admin barring you from the server directly contributes to a lower player-base that they would rather see rise. I cant speak for administration but id like to believe that they only ban when you break a rule and it negativity impacts another player. ((Either Directly or indirectly)). 

This is bullshit. I'm guessing you're a well liked higher up, with plenty of friends in high places,

I was once a constable with literally no friends as well. You seem to forget that.

and when you get into trouble you can get into quick contact with an admin or higher up. Many times when I've gotten in trouble as civ or cop I can't even get someone to talk to me about it before my ban is up, or they say my evidence is insufficient.

When i was a Cpl i could EASILY contact @Deazy Johnson or @Mitch (IFRIT) on teamspeak/forums. But when i did i sent them a detailed message outlining what had happened and my evidence. I would also send the LT's my side or explain the situation VIA forum or discord. In my 6 months as constable i NEVER had an issue getting an Admin or LT when i needed to speak to them. Infact @Olivia sought me out on team-speak when a report came in on me and a Captain @DarkKnight pulled me into a channel once asking for my reasoning for lethals and once i explained the situation he said "Ok Fair enough" and moved me back out. In my experience everyone has been reasonable. Granted i haven't been a constable for a bout a year but i was one for about 6 months. 

SORRY that I can't record 24/7 JUST IN CASE Arma pulls some bullshit or something genuinely accidentally happens. As far as making things right after something, I've had bans not removed after giving comp to other players EVEN AFTER proving that I transferred money or whatever, so don't even try to use that. Sometimes you mess up and you can't even make up for it, which just adds to the bullshit. I've never gone around purposefully abusing lethals, failrping, rdming, vdming, combat logging, etc. and yet I've got points and bans for days over 4 years. HELL thanks to the ban transfer to points BS I've had points keep even after a ban is removed. This server is all about the favorites game, so if you don't have friends in high places, you get extremely screwed over with bans and points, so when you get both for one offense, it really really sucks.

How do you expect us to just action? We aren't going to remove someone without evidence simple as that. Ive seen LT's removed when evidence was provided. If you cant record that's on you. APD constantly has higher ups posing as regular players to try and catch corrupt cops. 

When i was 15 i worked as a soccer ref getting paid $10 a game. i did three games a night two nights a week for a year straight and built my own gaming PC, Im sorry if you havn't had that opportunity in life and you are unable to afford a good enough computer to record. But many options are available for lower end PC's (Shadow play specifically) and im sure if you played in a group at least one of them will be bound to have a computer good enough to run a low quality recording. When you report someone it doesnt have to be 1080p 60fps. A 10 FPS recording a 360P with full sound can get action taken on a corrupt cop

1 hour ago, Deazy Johnson said:

Actions have consequences, deal with it.

2 hours ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Find me a server/game or RL situation where having friends in high places is not benificial. It’s not about what you know, it’s who you know. Don’t try and play the poor me card, because plenty of players do just fine day in and day out for years. 

Edited by Patato
10 hours ago, Gaskal said:

Well i don't understand what you mean by having fun i have fun everyday trolling in kavala doing crazy things still no points on my record 

You can have fun as much as you want, you just can't break rules bby 

yeh but your an lt the way so many people see it is if your

Cadet - cant do anything wrong 

constable - can have fun with people u trust and know otherwise ia for stuff srgs+ do without repercussions

Corporal - same as constable just with bigger guns

Srg - can fuck around but cant go on a full stanag spree cos he/she died

LT/lt+ - can do what ever the fuck they like that would get anyone else points 

7 hours ago, Trotfox said:

OK so as an admin you completely admit there's favoritism, which creates a poor playing experience for some, and a great one for others. And shit happens, people get lucky or unlucky, or you can just never shoot anyone or say anything without sitting there thinking about it and making quadruple sure because you don't want to get in trouble. The problem with that is it's a GAME and people are here to have FUN. After X amount of time it shouldn't even matter, there should be no record, that stuff goes away slower than the player base. It's not about manning up or owning up, I'm fine with handling my mistakes, my problem comes when I literally can't get in contact with anyone to help with a situation since I'm not friends with people in positions of power. How the hell is it fair that a gang member can  make a claim without filing a report and have their higher up buddy get you in trouble? How is it fair that an admin can issue a ban and not be available for contact until hour 71 of 72? It's bullshit that some people get the free ride to enjoy this GAME and have FUN with no real repercussions, and others have to sit there overthinking every situation to make sure no action gets taken against them.

Yup^

1 hour ago, Redtails2000 said:

yeh but your an lt the way so many people see it is if your

Cadet - cant do anything wrong 

constable - can have fun with people u trust and know otherwise ia for stuff srgs+ do without repercussions

Corporal - same as constable just with bigger guns

Srg - can fuck around but cant go on a full stanag spree cos he/she died

LT/lt+ - can do what ever the fuck they like that would get anyone else points 

Exactly.

And for all the people saying this isn't an issue can see why I brought this up. Do u see the amount of people in the community that have this same view on this? I'm just saying take a step in our shoes and see where we stand....

Trotfox likes this
9 hours ago, Deazy Johnson said:

It is funny when people say you cannot compare this to real life because this is a game.  This game is based on real life.  The Asylum Community and real life share a lot of common values and beliefs, which can be seen in both the server rules and the APD guidelines.  If you cannot make those connections and try to hide behind "its just a game" you are just coming up with excuses to justify your actions.  

I understand people need an outlet, a place to release the stress, and doing so is highly encouraged.  I have a very libertarian view when it comes to this stuff.  Have as much fun as you want, but once you start interfering with other people trying to have fun as well, I have a big problem.  Yes accidents happen and the admin team is pretty well trained to use #empathy and correct those mistakes, but if you keep making the same mistakes and aren't learning, then why are you here? The admin team will not allow you to continue playing on this server.  And if you are a whitelisted individual, you better believe its going to bite you in the ass. 

That's the exact problem I have with the current player base though. When cops and civs are RDMing, trying to pull me over and hold me for 15 mins for a "broken headlight", kidnapping or holding me for 45 mins, and so on, it creates a toxic environment (not that there hasn't always been some of that). And yes you can report people, but I know I sure can't afford the memory to record all the time, and sometimes I don't actually know my rights with confidence. Just to be clear I haven't even gotten in trouble in quite some time, but I'm saying that historically for me and recently for others I've seen accidents happen and there's no way of making it right. People refuse communication, defibs, or comp, and then you're just screwed over since you don't have "the hookup." I hear officers and players brag all the time about who they know and how they just went to someone right after an incident and got it cleared up before or right after a report even gets made.Have you not even noticed a large portion of replies are the very people who either have power or have a "hookup" so yeah your viewpoint is skewed from the average player who doesn't even know how to handle a lot of situations. Many new players I've met lately don't even know how to report people or where to find all the rules (which they can't even see cop rules), so a lot of the just try to avoid other players entirely... but since it's a game how can you have fun like that?

xlOutsiderlx likes this

*sigh* Look Tom Kappa, I appreciate what you did here today. I been trying to do the same thing over and over again.

9 hours ago, Deazy Johnson said:

It is funny when people say you cannot compare this to real life because this is a game.  This game is based on real life.  The Asylum Community and real life share a lot of common values and beliefs, which can be seen in both the server rules and the APD guidelines.  If you cannot make those connections and try to hide behind "its just a game" you are just coming up with excuses to justify your actions.  

I understand people need an outlet, a place to release the stress, and doing so is highly encouraged.  I have a very libertarian view when it comes to this stuff.  Have as much fun as you want, but once you start interfering with other people trying to have fun as well, I have a big problem.  Yes accidents happen and the admin team is pretty well trained to use #empathy and correct those mistakes, but if you keep making the same mistakes and aren't learning, then why are you here? The admin team will not allow you to continue playing on this server.  And if you are a whitelisted individual, you better believe its going to bite you in the ass. 

But when it is reasonable role-play you guys reply with, "We are a LIGHT role-play server." 

10 hours ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Bada...… That isn't something I would be proud of man....

But lets get one thing one thing straight. I love you Kappa but the truth is, "NOBODY GIVES A FIDDLERS FUCK". I been giving suggestions, been giving ideas, players have been giving ideas. All I see is admins bitch about the suggestion and laugh at you. I have learned this shit the hard way bud. The admins just don't give a fuck dude. The admins are here on the forums for God-knows-what. And the players are here to troll and flame.... Its a high school reunion. Nobody gives a shit. Its a "who's dick is bigger contest". I have tried to pull up some good choices. We all have man.... From maps, to improvements on the APD, to new rules. The admins just don't give a shit and you shouldn't either. I am just saving your life's time dude. Thank you though.

Masonn and Trotfox like this

@Patato I don't want to quote that huge block, but I do have a pretty good rig, and I do have shadow play. I just find it messed up that I have to record every time I think I might do something remotely wrong. Every time we authorize lethals in a situation on cop someone goes "make sure you're recording guys" and it's no joke because people whine about everything and make you second guess yourself, and so if you don't record every interaction you won't know when you might need that footage from when you talked to that guy 2 days ago. One time when I went to rob a guy, he had muted me on player list or something but obviously I didn't know that, I gave him plenty of time to respond, and he had stopped moving but didn't say anything, about 10 minutes later he's messaging me saying RDM, too late for me to get footage under normal circumstances since I keep it at 6 mins, luckily I had just HAPPENED to take a clip while running that proved for at least the last couple seconds I was talking in direct, but you never know when little situations like that might occur.

10 minutes ago, xlOutsiderlx said:

*sigh* Look Tom Kappa, I appreciate what you did here today. I been trying to do the same thing over and over again.

But when it is reasonable role-play you guys reply with, "We are a LIGHT role-play server." 

But lets get one thing one thing straight. I love you Kappa but the truth is, "NOBODY GIVES A FIDDLERS FUCK". I been giving suggestions, been giving ideas, players have been giving ideas. All I see is admins bitch about the suggestion and laugh at you. I have learned this shit the hard way bud. The admins just don't give a fuck dude. The admins are here on the forums for God-knows-what. And the players are here to troll and flame.... Its a high school reunion. Nobody gives a shit. Its a "who's dick is bigger contest". I have tried to pull up some good choices. We all have man.... From maps, to improvements on the APD, to new rules. The admins just don't give a shit and you shouldn't either. I am just saving your life's time dude. Thank you though.

I remember when I first started the Church of Asylum they just introduced organ harvesting and stuff, and we would do so much RP, but we got in trouble so much at first because we were kidnapping and sacrificing people like crazy so they said we were ruining player's experiences or something and we needed to take it down a notch. But I agree these posts aren't going to change anything, might as well just hope you don't get banned or blacklisted before the funds run dry since noone even donates anymore and Identity,,, well nvm on that ;)

xlOutsiderlx likes this
Just now, Trotfox said:

I remember when I first started the Church of Asylum they just introduced organ harvesting and stuff, and we would do so much RP, but we got in trouble so much at first because we were kidnapping and sacrificing people like crazy so they said we were ruining player's experiences or something and we needed to take it down a notch. But I agree these posts aren't going to change anything, might as well just hope you don't get banned or blacklisted before the funds run dry since noone even donates anymore and Identity,,, well nvm on that ;)

lol. Yeah, a lot of people(good people) have been leaving.... And honestly I am thinking about doing the same. The server is just not getting fun anymore. Sgt.'s, Lt.'s, and even good gang members haven't even been playing. Hell some of them are even leaving... I am just wondering if I should do the same. I want to play with my father more now, and I haven't been able to do that since I been on here. Hell, I want to play with my lil bros and lil sis and I haven't since I been here. I don't know.... The servers are just shrinking and its shrinking RAPIDLY. I am just wondering if I should dip. Admins seem to not give a shit and players here are just comparing dick sizes.

Trotfox likes this
1 hour ago, Trotfox said:

That's the exact problem I have with the current player base though. When cops and civs are RDMing, trying to pull me over and hold me for 15 mins for a "broken headlight", kidnapping or holding me for 45 mins, and so on, it creates a toxic environment (not that there hasn't always been some of that). And yes you can report people, but I know I sure can't afford the memory to record all the time, and sometimes I don't actually know my rights with confidence. Just to be clear I haven't even gotten in trouble in quite some time, but I'm saying that historically for me and recently for others I've seen accidents happen and there's no way of making it right. People refuse communication, defibs, or comp, and then you're just screwed over since you don't have "the hookup." I hear officers and players brag all the time about who they know and how they just went to someone right after an incident and got it cleared up before or right after a report even gets made.Have you not even noticed a large portion of replies are the very people who either have power or have a "hookup" so yeah your viewpoint is skewed from the average player who doesn't even know how to handle a lot of situations. Many new players I've met lately don't even know how to report people or where to find all the rules (which they can't even see cop rules), so a lot of the just try to avoid other players entirely... but since it's a game how can you have fun like that?

Yes people will refuse and shut down, because it is demoralizing when it happens to you, at least for me.  I think the whole I’ll Comp you because I broke server rules is stupid, but I understand it and it’s the way the devs want it so we must follow the framework they have in place.  

Just like bada said, it’s who you know, to an extent.  All information about what to do regarding player reports, appeals, comps can be sought out.  Some of that information is on the map in-game.  The problem with people is that they are lazy and aren’t willing to look.  For example, my mother had a run in with her insurance company.  They were billing her even though they canceled her insurance and she was trying to resolve this for about a year.  Her problem was that she was tired of this problem and wanted it to just go away with a snap of her fingers, but was not willing to do research.  That’s when I stepped in and we filed a complaint with our state government that it finally got resolved “oops our system messed up, sorry for the inconviance - we won’t be seeking restitution”. 

The point is, my mother was lazy and kept going in circles, she didn’t know who to call and BARELY asked me for help, she is still mad at me because I added “more” work for her when I was doing the heavy lifting with the communication with the complaint.  But she reached out to someone who might know something (who you know) and we figured out a solution. 

Back to Asylum.  Most the people I talk that need support are lazy, and don’t want to do the research or work needed to resolve their issue.  WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD! Where there are process in place to help that, YOU JUST NEED TO TAKE TIME AND LOOK.  

Tl;dr People are lazy and aren’t willing to look to find the correct information they seek.  

justi, ItsLego and BaDaBiNg_10-8 like this

I keep seeing Admins don't care yada yada yada. Admins have 0 control over the development of the game and have 0 control over the rules of the server. We enforce the rules, not make them.

Believe me when I say this, if I had any say about anything APD related, there would be big changes to the cop force, lots of higherups removed, and much stricter rules for cops.

justi and Glass of Water like this
20 minutes ago, Reapered said:

I keep seeing Admins don't care yada yada yada. Admins have 0 control over the development of the game and have 0 control over the rules of the server. We enforce the rules, not make them.

Believe me when I say this, if I had any say about anything APD related, there would be big changes to the cop force, lots of higherups removed, and much stricter rules for cops.

i wonder who those higherups would be

5 hours ago, Tom Kappa said:

And for all the people saying this isn't an issue can see why I brought this up. Do u see the amount of people in the community that have this same view on this? I'm just saying take a step in our shoes and see where we stand....

The APD has issues and will always have issues.  When people really try to fix or address the issues from within you get blackballed and put on unofficial blacklisted from promotions lists.  At the end of the day its a game, play it and have fun. If its not fun anymore do something else.

massi and Trotfox like this
12 hours ago, xlOutsiderlx said:

Thats why im at the point of giving up. I try to be passive agressive with some posts and constantly get shot down. Im bringing attention up on the topic for the problem to be known so we can run a better server and bring in more players. I wouldn't mind a response of "Hey maybe this is a problem / something we can look into" but most of the time it gets thrown in the fucking dumpster. I like a lot of the admins to be honest, They are nice people to play around with and have fun with but constantly being shit-talked when posting stuff that should be looked at in a positive manner really pisses me off alot. 

8 hours ago, Reapered said:

:kermit:

8 hours ago, explicit said:

as a previously upstanding member of the APD (resigned because of health reasons, got cancer) i do not agree with this post

Please explain why you don't agree, Thanks for the feedback though man, Tough to hear

7 hours ago, HotWings said:

The APD has issues and will always have issues.  When people really try to fix or address the issues from within you get blackballed and put on unofficial blacklisted from promotions lists.  At the end of the day its a game, play it and have fun. If its not fun anymore do something else.

Its starting to become not fun because i'm not really seeing people seek out to make changes that more people would enjoy

5 hours ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

surprised this hasn't been locked.

Im suprised too. Most of the time it gets locked b.c the problems you say are correct and for no players to see :shrug:

xlOutsiderlx likes this
9 hours ago, Glass of Water said:

i didn’t read any of the replies but i’m sure at least one of them suggested just not breaking the rules? you’re held to a higher standard when you are whitelisted as a cop, not when you are playing cop.

Then maybe read the post before posting? Thanks

Any player whitelisted in the APD has their fair share of shenanigans on civ, but I think it's important that APD members breaking server rules on civ should get cop points.

It is extremely discouraging for civilian players and even new cadets to see off-duty APD acting toxic around the island.