Strife Topic

Please respect this post and refrain from uneducated comments this is a serious discussion 

Strife Topic.

Strife was a unique experience during the short time it was out. If we were ever to see strife come back we all know that it wouldn't be what it was before, They wouldn't have the large paychecks or the broken Mines. The Combat in Strife would still fundamentally be the same but it will be lackluster to what we are all used to for balancing. This isn't another one of those one lined posts about how we want Strife back rather it is a collection of what we the community think strife can be if it is ever dragged out again into the light.

I have spent the past little while having conversations with community members who still want Strife to return, And we have all decided to have a educated conversation on what we would like to see and what they could fix if they did decide to bring it back. The following will contain suggestions and recommendations as to things that could be done differently in Strife 2.0 we will try to touch on every aspect and the reasons for the response along with the things it might effect.

Aircraft

We all knew this one was coming. Jets were very overpowered and enjoyed by many. Jets had their counters such as other jets and anti air, But were very frustrating for infantry to deal with since they were untouchable by infantry unless they had a hard counter such as a Anti air launching platform. My suggestion to make it a more plausible counter. Make anti air vehicles cheaper and implement MANPADS such as Titan anti air launchers. This would bring down the number of jets or make it harder for a pilot to do a task such as landing or strafe runs since they are vulnerable executing such actions. FIghter jets, The new fighter jets that were added were very hard to fight for AA compared to CAS jets like the wipeout (A-10) Since they could fly fast and maneuver on a dime. To counter these you most of the time needed another fighter. Sometimes this wasn't a practical solution to the problem. This could be fixed with the removal of Fighter jets such as the Shrika and Blackwasp ignoring the gryphon since this doesn't require the DLC to fly making it available to the population

Helicopters. Helicopters are something everyone knows how to fly in arma 3 they are great starters to aviation in the game and fun to use. However it was decided that Advanced flight model would be required to fly these aircraft limiting the effectiveness of some of them and the fact that this required more attention to fly compared to the non advanced flight model flying everyone was used to. This in turn brought down the use of these aircraft severely. I and others have felt this was unnecessary and impacted gameplay more than it should have. They are fairly simple to counter due to the low speeds that they would travel at and can be shot down by infantry and anti-air fairly easily.

UAV’s Were buggy as all hell and would go rogue on occasion locking the person who bought it out and with no hope of getting it back. This in addition with the fact they were not able to be re-armed was a issue and mainly a waste of money in most people's eyes. This could be fixed with a little bit of attention. Suggestion Allow Rearming of UAV’s and allow the targeting pod to use its own infrared laser to lock on to targets without the need of a third party to paint targets

Vehicles and Statics

MBT’s, MBT (Main Battle Tanks) Such as the Varsuk or Slammer Up were a little too expensive due to the amount of counters available and the fact they were slow, They would easily be blown to bits by jets, Anti Tank Personal, Mines & Tanks to name a few With the new tanks added in the Tanks DLC along with the Composite armor option on tanks I think that they could come standard with Composite Armor when purchased to increase the survivability and at the same time have a 32% Price Decrease to make armor more available to people.

IFV’s And APC’s were very common on Strife due to the affordability and speed offered by these vehicles along with the large selection of weapons onboard they packed a punch. Once again a suggestion would be to add the new Composite Armor to the vehicles to increase survivability and reduce price to align with other Vehicles of this category

Artillery Tanks Were not seen and this could change with the reintegration of the targeting computer for these larger vehicles along with a price increase to balance out spam. And this price would be well compensated for access to the targeting computer.

Anti Air Tanks. These Were very good for countering aircraft and offered a fighting chance for infantry with these up. They were absurdly expensive for something that weak and would be one shot by almost anything. Suggestion Bring the price down.

Static Turrets such as mortars and Anti Aircraft statics were broken since they were implemented. Allowing a player to go wherever they wanted pitch camp and rain down hell. However great for fun that would be short lived when they had to re-arm this required a re-arm vehicle that would allow infinite reloads  allowing these things to be spammed. The mortar was balanced somewhat with the removal of artillery computers but was still a very capable weapon with time and calculations (rewarding players who took the time to learn it) This was a very good thing to prevent spam. My suggestion, limit placement of Statics to within 200 meters of a Cap (must be owned by team). That way people can continue to use what they love and also aren't next to impossible to find and stop.

Paychecks were a very good thing for Strife and Life it offered a way to make money fast to fuel fights and activities across servers from Altis to Strife but in the end were abused. Instead the paychecks should be removed completely and rewards buffed drastically to encourage active participation in the server. Suggested Increase in rewards 300%

Combat was the main driving factor in Strife it was designed around it and Combat in strife was vast and never dull the amount of factors to a situations were immense and ultimately provided a lot of the fun

Population was great the server was always populated unfortunately this was artificial due to the realization of Paycheck afking, But Before that was widespread knowledge the population was a testament to the popularity of the game-mode and sheer fun people were having.

Landmines. Landmines were broken and spammed and ultimately ended up killing a lot of the fun due to the abuse that could be done with it, The capture points would be filled to the brim with mines teammates would trigger these causing you to gain money and in the end just ruined a lot of the fun due to not being able to capture points without losing a toe or 6. They should not return in Strife 2.0 if it is ever re-visited

If a Dev did reach out to me I would happily help in any efforts to bring back strife any way I could.

Edited by Brendon Smith
Mr.Purple, Innate, Xavorey and 11 others like this

my suggestion

1) make it so if you lost the war you would still get money, and winning shouldent get you more money, since why would you switch teams when it was unbalance if you would lose all your money

2) you could get AA gun, maybe make it super expensive like 10k and maybe need the special class so it doesnt get abused with the thermil vision

Edited by Nicolas March
Brendon Smith likes this

9/10 nice

Only thing is keep fighter jets. The fights between shikras and black wasps were 10/10 

I loved every second of it even if I died. The only problem was that the good pilots went on the same side and we had like idk 5-6 ppl 2-4 ppl covering the enemy base and the rest supported the Enemy base. Soo the real problem with jets was that every good pilot was on the same side...

Never encountered mines (prolly cuz I was one of the pilots) but I heatd alot of them how stupid they were sooo I agree.

And yes I agree with most of it.

Please just read it and think about it.

@bamf

Edited by HomeTrlx
Brendon Smith and Defragments like this
17 minutes ago, HomeTrlx said:

9/10 nice

Only thing is keep fighter jets. The fights between shikras and black wasps were 10/10 

I loved every second of it even if I died. The only problem was that the good pilots went on the same side and we had like idk 5-6 ppl 2-4 ppl covering the enemy base and the rest supported the Enemy base. Soo the real problem with jets was that every good pilot was on the same side...

Never encountered mines (prolly cuz I was one of the pilots) but I heatd alot of them how stupid they were sooo I agree.

And yes I agree with most of it.

Please just read it and think about it.

@bamf

I do agree with the statement that all the good pilots would stack on one team (Mainly OPFOR because who doesn't like spamming missiles in a Shrika). And I also never encountered Mines because I didnt play Infantry when I had options for Piloting but I spoke to 2 people who only played infantry and complained heavily about Landmines.