Change log 8.1.7

bamf

1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

Just because they (the dev team) want to try to fix something that they think is broken, and I though it was broken as well, and does something that the community doesn't want doesn't mean that there isn't an actual playersbase. Sorry if I'm one of the people in the community who thinks its a good thing, but we're all entitled to our own opinions. 

There were many better alternatives to choose as a developer but they picked the laziest way to bandaid it.

9 hours ago, Twinkie said:

It's sorta hard to get to a fed when you've got to redeploy and then reload. That takes 30s, then you've got to drive over to the fed, at which point you're already gone. The problem wasn't the cops but the smash and grabbing. It was never meant to be a thing, stop complaining. If things are broken, then they get nerfed. 

Okay if the fed has been smash and grabbed more than once, then maybe we can get out of Kavala for once and sit an officer there to watch it. Or find them on the way to rebel and get them. You know where they’re going... I dont do smash and grabs but this is basic stuff.

Regardless of everything else. Nerfing quillins was not the fix. Not sure what is, but nerfing quillins that hard wasn’t it...

jphman likes this
1 hour ago, HomeTrlx said:

Well, because technically you have to seize it...

would you seize the car of a guy who doesn't try to bullshit his way out,doesn't shoot at you and is very nice when explaining his charges without being salty about being caught?

i know we can take it to hq if he gives us permission maybe hide it or something else but still there is a small chance someone may find it and steal it

Edited by LastKiller
4 hours ago, OGRoger said:

Okay if the fed has been smash and grabbed more than once, then maybe we can get out of Kavala for once and sit an officer there to watch it. Or find them on the way to rebel and get them. You know where they’re going... I dont do smash and grabs but this is basic stuff.

Regardless of everything else. Nerfing quillins was not the fix. Not sure what is, but nerfing quillins that hard wasn’t it...

i've seen people pull smash and grabs with other cars,not only quilins.also that car was used for a lot of other stuff,not only fed.i think they should have kept it like it was since it is not really that hard to catch up with it

jphman likes this
1 minute ago, Azeh said:

47915205967d20da66756e93f8174cf5.png

Yeah, it's too bad that one of the ABSOLUTE MOST TOXIC people of the community is also a developer...

I don't even use a quilin or prowler for money making methods, but I know a LOT of people do.  Seeing it as an issue just baffles me.

Glad I bowed out of the meth game a long time ago cuz this would've crippled my operation.

Edited by cHIP ōTLE
Mank, Fried Rice, Good Lub and 1 other like this

The number of people asking me to just fully remove the Quillin since it's better than the Ifrit would probably astound most of you.  That vehicle is meant to be a "light armored" vehicle of sorts, so we moved it's carrying capacity down to bring it more in line with the vision of how we feel it should be used inside the mission.  People aren't driving other things now, they drive the Quillin b/c BIS has made shooting people out of them more difficult than the Ifrit. 

Given that, it shouldn't have carrying capacity to make it viable for running things.  It's supposed to have just been a fun vehicle for people to run around in offroad - not the main vehicle people use for money making.  

You guys can still do smash and grabs, you just have to carry the bar on yourself...

Gaskal, Scott, Twinkie and 1 other like this
Just now, bamf said:

The number of people asking me to just fully remove the Quillin since it's better than the Ifrit would probably astound most of you.  That vehicle is meant to be a "light armored" vehicle of sorts, so we moved it's carrying capacity down to bring it more in line with the vision of how we feel it should be used inside the mission.  People aren't driving other things now, they drive the Quillin b/c BIS has made shooting people out of them more difficult than the Ifrit. 

Given that, it shouldn't have carrying capacity to make it viable for running things.  It's supposed to have just been a fun vehicle for people to run around in offroad - not the main vehicle people use for money making.  

You guys can still do smash and grabs, you just have to carry the bar on yourself...

@bamf 

:shrug:

Edited by Smee
Silver-Spy, Atra, Scott and 2 others like this
34 minutes ago, Drew said:

Maybe buff the other vehicles so they don't break off one chicken wire fence then we would drive those. 

I will agree they are small armored vehicles that do wonders, but it's not the only reason. I'm tired of tapping small fences and dying so easily.

yeah i like when i hit a road dildo and i break my wheels 

I understand the quilen goldbar nerf because constables are unable to keep with with their SUVs and sport hatches the second the person goes offroad, which is almost always. Only time you can catch them is with a helicopter or if a higher-up pulls out a prowler.

19 hours ago, bamf said:

How I feel about Quilins

Marzoh, Rodrigo, Twinkie and 1 other like this
Just now, Mr.Purple said:

Will today be day of the new patch. :pogchamp:

@bamf

Nope, @Poseidon is still working on the rebel stuff.  Hopefully he'll have something for us to start testing today though.  

Full disclosure though, if it's not far enough along then it will be next weekend at the earliest that it comes out.  I'm going on vacation and I don't want to release anything major while out of town.  Too much wife agro if I have to get online and do stuff from the pool...

5 minutes ago, bamf said:

Nope, @Poseidon is still working on the rebel stuff.  Hopefully he'll have something for us to start testing today though.  

Full disclosure though, if it's not far enough along then it will be next weekend at the earliest that it comes out.  I'm going on vacation and I don't want to release anything major while out of town.  Too much wife agro if I have to get online and do stuff from the pool...

Say bro where u going?

1 hour ago, Azeh said:

Give me the wheel for a week  B)

Get server lag fixed 
Prison change 
No money cap ✅
Qilins removed ✅
No group cap 
Get broken shit fixed ✅
No armor stacking community goal 
Keep cartel benefits until cap at 0% 
Make Ifrits slightly cheaper 
Make plate pressing reduce jail time 
Remove drug rotation 

+1

jphman likes this
2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Big update isn't this week, sorry guys. :FeelsBadMan: 

I've been busy this week with job searching and appointments. Hopefully next week is pretty open but no clue, I applied to like a dozen IT jobs. Once the job search addiction calms down i'll "Pop an addy code a fatty" as @Azeh phrased so perfectly.

code a phat namespace

16 hours ago, Azeh said:

Give me the wheel for a week  B)

Get server lag fixed 
Prison change 
No money cap ✅
Qilins removed ✅
No group cap 
Get broken shit fixed ✅
No armor stacking community goal 
Keep cartel benefits until cap at 0% 
Make Ifrits slightly cheaper 
Make plate pressing reduce jail time 
Remove drug rotation 

Only issue I have with reducing jail time instead of bail is it completely removes the bail all together.  There is no risk of going to jail at any price because you can just press plates for 5 minutes and be done. Unless the amount of time reduced it in conjunction with the bail itself it would be counter intuitive to the prison system.  I get no one wants to go to jail, but there also needs to be legit punishment for breaking the laws as well.

Masonn, Atra and Twinkie like this
17 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Big update isn't this week, sorry guys. :FeelsBadMan: 

I've been busy this week with job searching and appointments. Hopefully next week is pretty open but no clue, I applied to like a dozen IT jobs. Once the job search addiction calms down i'll "Pop an addy code a fatty" as @Azeh phrased so perfectly.

Rebel tree?

Just now, Azeh said:

Unhealthy for the server and especially cartels, just like CSATs + carrier lites. Nice to use but aids to be against. 

Sucks that Bohemia fucked up Hatchbacks though.

U can't just take away everything that's  unhealthy, everybody has acces to qilins, they are fine to use.

U take qilin away, next unhealthy thing will become prowler etc.

I heared they fixed the hatchback on olympus, we can't have that i suppose.

Space likes this
5 minutes ago, Azeh said:

Unhealthy for the server and especially cartels, just like CSATs + carrier lites. Nice to use but aids to be against. 

Sucks that Bohemia fucked up Hatchbacks though.

100% agree with the armor stacking but like you said tho about hatchbacks there is nothing else to drive on a normal basis except qilins and prowlers