Change log 8.1.7

bamf

Was chopping some trees for kicks and notice the wood was spawning 11 feet in the air on s1 this morning. 

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/956340884534873247/8586C423612614E6E8CD0C6E8648E903BAB132B4/

Edited by Russell*
photo
Farmer Steve likes this
On 8/29/2018 at 3:16 PM, Clint Beastwood said:

TL;DR - Let me play because I hate the admin team.

No i dont think thats what he meant, i think he meant he wanted actual rebels to test it because most admins are career cops whos only interest in the rebel tree is to make sure its not too good so cops can remain overpowered.  

2 hours ago, Randy. said:

No i dont think thats what he meant, i think he meant he wanted actual rebels to test it because most admins are career cops whos only interest in the rebel tree is to make sure its not too good so cops can remain overpowered.  

Most admins were "Rebels" just like @Clint Beastwood , @Roice etc. most ppl just dont know the good old days.. But I still agree that the community or a selected few should test it.

massi likes this
On 8/29/2018 at 0:16 PM, Clint Beastwood said:

TL;DR - Let me play because I hate the admin team.

I can kinda see his point. Everyone knows the talent tree is coming so you might as well let some sweatys spend 10 hours out of their day looking for bugs instead of having the admin team do the bare minimum. Get it right before Poseidon leaves or it will never be fixed.

BioHazard, Russell*, Kev 23 and 9 others like this
4 hours ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

I can kinda see his point. Everyone knows the talent tree is coming so you might as well let some sweatys spend 10 hours out of their day looking for bugs instead of having the admin team do the bare minimum. Get it right before Poseidon leaves or it will never be fixed.

I'm not the person you have to convince.

I also understand his point.

Masonn, TRYHARD and Scott like this
57 minutes ago, Javaa said:

change the prison

this please. The new prison is complete trash and literally no one does it anymore. Asylum gets really boring when the only content is doing banks on repeat. I don't understand why we cant just revert it to the old prison with the two deer stands and a barracks building. If the old one is too op for rebels then they can just add a second bridge.

TRYHARD and Steve like this
17 minutes ago, Jonah said:

this please. The new prison is complete trash and literally no one does it anymore. Asylum gets really boring when the only content is doing banks on repeat. I don't understand why we cant just revert it to the old prison with the two deer stands and a barracks building. If the old one is too op for rebels then they can just add a second bridge.

Fed is fun but who can log in 12 people anymore 

Twinkie likes this
3 hours ago, Jonah said:

This. Alec made a new prison and bamf messaged him directly about it but then nothing and now hes banned so. I even made something for that place up beside the old oil processor and still nothing so i guess that means nothing, right? 

Lets be honest! @Poseidon is leaving and he did some amazing work for us to where the servers played better.  Now hes leaving :FeelsBadMan: .  Did I mention the rebel tree is never coming? Oh and we have like 2 hours maybe till tier 4 is over and guess what we havent gotten to tier 1 so enjoy 11k mk1s again.  I forgot to mention the servers are dead AND I CANT PLAY MY FUCKING PRECINCT.

Crisp idea - Make a new cluster, and start code from scratch.

Most of you guys are prolly scratching your balls going wtf did he just say?? 

When an issue persists, and a dev leaves... sometimes you have to start from the beginning.

I am willing to help, if they want the help. I also have a guy that would be willing to add map content to the map.

All jokes aside, if help is wanted.. send me a message. I have ideas, and maybe even a script for punching people that are bound in the nuts.

-- Really though, I know you guys care.. otherwise none of us would be here right? --

Donald likes this
4 minutes ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

I can't wait until the rebel tree is released and everyone starts crying about how it doesn't satisfy them.

This asylum community is a lot like my 2 year old.  They cry and cry to get what they want, then, once they get it, they cry and cry about how it's not what they wanted.

not saying you're wrong but one way to think about that is that that's how things get better - people complain, devs fix

Edited by Glass of Water
9 minutes ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

I say we drop the community goals and set up a new donation goal to use the updated mission file and completely rewrite asylum.

How much would that time be worth @bamf @Gnashes??  

The first WoW raid comes out in 3 days, so prolly too much. 

Also pretty sure Gnashes has said he would rather let the servers die before rewriting the entire mission file.

Edited by Maaqs
1 hour ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

I can't wait until the rebel tree is released and everyone starts crying about how it doesn't satisfy them.

This asylum community is a lot like my 2 year old.  They cry and cry to get what they want, then, once they get it, they cry and cry about how it's not what they wanted.

It's either the rebels will say, "Wahhhhh why is this like this?! It should be like _______" OR the cops will say, "THIS SHIT IS TOTALLY ONE SIDED, WHEN DO THE COPS GET AN UPDATE TO COMBAT THIS"...

Either way, the remaining devs will get shit on... but besides that, @Poseidon Thank you for making the servers 98% more playable than they were before you came here.

Poseidon and DeepHouse like this