Change log 8.1.7

bamf

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Asylum has a history of this, in particularly with this Rebel talent tree.

Well now that it actually exists, it's easier to give a time ;)

We did get some testing done tonight and fixed some issues. I'll try to talk with bamf tomorrow and we're gonna run through everything and just make sure all the checks that are needed for certain parts of the system are in place.

IceVenom, Vlad, Russell* and 4 others like this

These battleye kicks are becoming QUITE the nuisance.  @bamf @Poseidon, were these issues looked into at all while working on the latest update??

i now have a complete fresh Windows install, which means, fresh ArmA install.  and the FIRST time i logged into asylum, i was Battleyed within an hour.  (again, this has NEVER happened to me before this past few weeks.)

I've reinstalled battleye again and i'm still having problems...

PLEASE, looks into this, if you haven't already.  It HAS to be a result of something thats been changed/tweaked recently.

Just now, cHIP ōTLE said:

These battleye kicks are becoming QUITE the nuisance.  @bamf @Poseidon, were these issues looked into at all while working on the latest update??

i now have a complete fresh Windows install, which means, fresh ArmA install.  and the FIRST time i logged into asylum, i was Battleyed within an hour.  (again, this has NEVER happened to me before this past few weeks.)

PLEASE, looks into this, if you haven't already.  It HAS to be a result of something thats been changed/tweaked recently.

I never have BE kicks? Isnt it with network+server=Be kicks?

21 hours ago, Poseidon said:

That's the next plan :D

Now that i'm FINALLY done with this stuff I can focus on performance. I want to try a variety of new things and I'm pretty confident with this new approach I can spot the issue.

Just now, cHIP ōTLE said:

3 minutes ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

yo umm, i used to get some battle eye kicks a lot. like for hours at a time whenever i joined it'd straight kick me. doesnt do it anymore really tho. i noticed it stopped when i bought a new like usb network adapter thingy. but i'd recommend Ethernet if you have the ability. also it wasnt saying i get kicked for high ping or anything. i forget what it said tho but yea. idk, fuck it up daddy

2 minutes ago, DeepHouse said:

I never have BE kicks? Isnt it with network+server=Be kicks?

BE kicks around 5-15 people after the server freezes and then catches up. Idk if it picks randomly but I think that the server can't connect with Bohemia's BE so It kicks the people who arn't connected. People < Server < Main BE stuffs I think how the connection works (Yea the BE client on your game connects to the server and then you get kicked due to that but what ever)

12 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Reb Tree > SWAT

In my opinion, need to stop hyping up the rebel tree. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to see what is on it and how it is but I think that everybody is getting too excited for it. People saying that the rebel tree will fix everything on asylum and be completely amazing are setting themselves up for disappointment. I am much more excited for server performance improvements than the rebel tree. 

Edited by Scott
Space, Mank, Sikorsky and 4 others like this
Just now, Scott said:

In my opinion, need to stop hyping up the rebel tree. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to see what is on it and how it is but I think that everybody is getting too excited for it. People saying that the rebel tree will fix everything on asylum and be completely amazing are setting themselves up for disappointment. I am much more excited for server performance improvements than the rebel tree. 

I'm not hyping it. It will only give people another thing to do, not fix the severs. I'm with you that server tweaks are, in the long run, going to be much more worth the time than the tree, but the Tree is still way the fuck more important than SWAT is. 

Scott likes this
On 8/31/2018 at 6:53 PM, Sean That Irish Guy said:

This. Alec made a new prison and bamf messaged him directly about it but then nothing and now hes banned so. I even made something for that place up beside the old oil processor and still nothing so i guess that means nothing, right? 

guess they would rather have a shitty prison that some brain dead cop made