Change log 8.1.7

bamf

Just now, Reapered said:

im sorry but the logic in this thread is blowing up my brain

you say we shouldnt ban people who do stupid shit just because gang life is dying? If the playerbase figured that the admins cant touch gang members because their gang would quit then all hell would break loose, nobody would give a fuck anymore. (i mean not saying that nobody cares now) And fyi not all admins agree on certain bans or other shit. You are crying about uc getting shit from clint but is uc banned? No

and that shit you said about admins having bias towards gangs that fight cartels, they only have bias towards gangs that continue to be shitty no matter how many times you ban them. 

you keep saying admins perm banning retards is killing the server but the only person that can be used in your argument is aleec. Cant think of anybody else that was permed that would "help" gang life.

Also UC quit talkin bud your past history with gangs isn't so bright

accusing fsa of using ifrit skin hacks 

dont talk ty

You getting salty bud? That was my my first 2 months on asylum and it wasen't me accusing them for ifrit skin= hacks that was some guy named guardian buddy

You just showing yourself that you suck as admin and you should go back to support and lick some more ass ahaha

Typical admins on asylum, get some feedback and acting salty :D

Edited by UC 
.Casper likes this
26 minutes ago, Reapered said:

im sorry but the logic in this thread is blowing up my brain

you say we shouldnt ban people who do stupid shit just because gang life is dying? If the playerbase figured that the admins cant touch gang members because their gang would quit then all hell would break loose, nobody would give a fuck anymore. (i mean not saying that nobody cares now) And fyi not all admins agree on certain bans or other shit. You are crying about uc getting shit from clint but is uc banned? No

and that shit you said about admins having bias towards gangs that fight cartels, they only have bias towards gangs that continue to be shitty no matter how many times you ban them. 

you keep saying admins perm banning retards is killing the server but the only person that can be used in your argument is aleec. Cant think of anybody else that was permed that would "help" gang life.

Also UC quit talkin bud your past history with gangs isn't so bright

accusing fsa of using ifrit skin hacks 

dont talk ty

I can name some: Hydro, Nate, Analdo, Zurph. The only thing Nate did was be in the same room as hydro and he got perm banned and Hydro got permed for steam messages. If Zurph and Hydro came back thats 2 big gangs right there up that pop baby.

Edited by Jamal
Masonn and TRYHARD like this
22 minutes ago, Azeh said:

No. Who? Who? And No.  

How did this even come up?  Lol.  Oh right, the whole, my friend didn't cheat he'll bring back gang life conversation. 

We tested that before.  Didn't help.  They (two permed people) came back and then actually cheated and got caught.

Besides why is gang life important right now?  I think importance should be placed on stability.  But that is just me.  

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

No. Who? Who? And No.  

How did this even come up?  Lol.  Oh right, the whole, my friend didn't cheat he'll bring back gang life conversation. 

We tested that before.  Didn't help.  They (two permed people) came back and then actually cheated and got caught.

Besides why is gang life important right now?  I think importance should be placed on stability.  But that is just me.  

Preach 

Edited by Buck
Innate, Twinkie and antho like this

What people actually want to come back is pro-Cartel Fighting life, not gang life as they are two very different things. Facts of the matter is that the people who are screaming gang life is dead and bitching on the forums about are the people who just want to hop on, maybe roach a fed or a bank, and fight cartels for an hour and a half then hop off civ to go and play cop or do something else. 

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
Just now, Twinkie said:

What people actually want to come back is pro-Cartel Fighting life, not gang life as they are two very different things. Facts of the matter is that the people who are screaming gang life is dead and bitching on the forums about are the people who just want to hop on, maybe roach a fed or a bank, and fight cartels for an hour and a half then hop off civ to go and play cop or do something else. 

There's nothing else to do other then fight cartels and do a bank or fed or prison. That is legitimately everything to do on rebel, other then making money which most of us are just burnt out on it. 

TRYHARD and Fried Rice like this
21 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

No. Who? Who? And No.  

whats the server good for if its actually fixed (which i doubt it will be) with no one playing the server besides the 40 people all in kavala or the rare population out in pyrgos?

DeepHouse likes this
1 hour ago, Azeh said:

Olympus: 2 senior developers + 2 developers + 2 junior developers
Asylum: 0.5 developer + 1 temporary developer + 1 contributor

I will remake asylum except have the issues fixed if it means I can actually work on it and help save it. I refuse to say asylum is dying until I am the last person or the servers shut down.

DeepHouse, Buck, Gregg and 2 others like this
Just now, WolfLeader said:

I will remake asylum except have the issues fixed if it means I can actually work on it and help save it. I refuse to say asylum is dying until I am the last person or the servers shut down.

Amen, sure a lot of players have been here for a bit when used to hit the space bar trying to get in but i'm having a blast! have a slow comp saving funds for better one making friends keeping head up when people say this server is dead well i try and grab them and do something and works out in the long run and have a good time and all even if its playing medic even i love being a medic. :) 

4 hours ago, Russell* said:

Amen, sure a lot of players have been here for a bit when used to hit the space bar trying to get in but i'm having a blast! have a slow comp saving funds for better one making friends keeping head up when people say this server is dead well i try and grab them and do something and works out in the long run and have a good time and all even if its playing medic even i love being a medic. :) 

How are you so fucking positive?

BishopActual and Russell* like this
On 9/7/2018 at 6:34 AM, Azeh said:

I don't know much about @HereToStealYourIdeas and @Jesse's families, but to my knowledge they both have a job. McDili recently stated that he has never spent any of the donation money on anything but Olympus, and Jesse doesn't get any money from developing for Olympus. That makes Olympus a hobby for them.

Yeah, to my knowledge, McDili has not spent a cent of Olympus Donation money on anything personal. Hell, Dili didn't even want to use it on the Malden server we opened because he was gonna feel bad if it failed and didn't want to waste the communities funds.

Yes, we both work FT jobs. I have a PT job as well. Olympus is a hobby for us both.

Six figures btw.

Yikes.

Edited by Jesse
Good Lub, TRYHARD, Azeh and 9 others like this
6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah, to my knowledge, McDili has not spent a cent of Olympus Donation money on anything personal. Hell, Dili didn't even want to use it on the Malden server we opened because he was gonna feel bad if it failed and didn't want to waste the communities funds.

Yes, we both work FT jobs. I have a PT job as well. Olympus is a hobby for us both.

Yikes.

Another big difference from Olympus and asylum, Devs actually still enjoy developing the servers of Olympus seems like gnashes went on holiday and realised he no longer has the passion to develop these servers. Olympus appears to have a back up for when Devs want to step down or take a break, pretty good system for Devs.

From what I can see is asylum lacks a back up plan. I remember when battleye kicks were a thing then they "fixed' it with hour long frozen servers. Soon as the fix was a ton worse then what the servers was before it should of been reverted. Pretty much seems like they push a patch without any thought of what if it doesn't work.

Edited by Mason Statham
massi and Nikola Tesla like this
Just now, Azeh said:

In this case it could only be tested on live servers as they didn't and still don't have way of reproducing the lag. It was also just configuration changes, no update needed. Bamf could easily revert said cfg settings so we'd get the mass kicks back, but that's in his hands.

Just makes me wonder why the settings wasn't reverted back then tbh I'm not the only one who would've taken a battle eye kick then 1 hour of lag. I mean the servers are doing much better now but honestly it took too long to get to this stage and they're still not where they need to be.

Nikola Tesla likes this
5 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

Just makes me wonder why the settings wasn't reverted back then tbh I'm not the only one who would've taken a battle eye kick then 1 hour of lag. I mean the servers are doing much better now but honestly it took too long to get to this stage and they're still not where they need to be.

Too little too late. 

I understand that the summer has not been as great as many had wished for. I wish there were words that I could say to put everyone at ease.

But to be frank, there isn't.

However, we can all stand around the fire and continue to focus on what is bad, or not good. Or we can decide to focus on what is good. And to be frank, I don't care for us to be compared to Olympus. Sure, they have some amazing features, and some skilled developers, there is no denying that. I just don't see the purpose of it. Neither company's strive to be each other. Moving on.

We are getting hit by the ever so amazing summer's end slow down. But this slow down really sucks. I find it very frustrating to see the servers have low pops. I really wish the people from Server 3 didn't have to migrate to an new server to enjoy Asylum. However, some things are out of my control. It's my fear that a majority of our veteran players still cannot understand that the Admin team and the Development team are separate when it comes to these things. We all work tirelessly to get features implemented. Some things happen and some don't. That's called life. We have some stuff in the oven, and I'm hopeful that it's done cooking soon. But I won't lie to you, and I'll beat the edgy kids around here to the punch. No update will bring us to full servers if we continue to implode. The unrelenting amount of B.S that seems to float around is exhausting. You all need to take it easy on each other. The members of the community and staff don't wish to be your virtual punching bag. Do you think that people have lost interest here? You are not wrong, they have. I have a lot more to say here. But I'll spare further comment as I have to run.

TLDR Thanks for being here at Asylum. Strive to make the fun you wish to see. Be a positive influence.

Mitch

Patato, FoBi3s, Innate and 9 others like this
13 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I understand that the summer has not been as great as many had wished for. I wish there were words that I could say to put everyone at ease.

But to be frank, there isn't.

However, we can all stand around the fire and continue to focus on what is bad, or not good. Or we can decide to focus on what is good. And to be frank, I don't care for us to be compared to Olympus. Sure, they have some amazing features, and some skilled developers, there is no denying that. I just don't see the purpose of it. Neither company's strive to be each other. Moving on.

We are getting hit by the ever so amazing summer's end slow down. But this slow down really sucks. I find it very frustrating to see the servers have low pops. I really wish the people from Server 3 didn't have to migrate to an new server to enjoy Asylum. However, some things are out of my control. It's my fear that a majority of our veteran players still cannot understand that the Admin team and the Development team are separate when it comes to these things. We all work tirelessly to get features implemented. Some things happen and some don't. That's called life. We have some stuff in the oven, and I'm hopeful that it's done cooking soon. But I won't lie to you, and I'll beat the edgy kids around here to the punch. No update will bring us to full servers if we continue to implode. The unrelenting amount of B.S that seems to float around is exhausting. You all need to take it easy on each other. The members of the community and staff don't wish to be your virtual punching bag. Do you think that people have lost interest here? You are not wrong, they have. I have a lot more to say here. But I'll spare further comment as I have to run.

TLDR Thanks for being here at Asylum. Strive to make the fun you wish to see. Be a positive influence.

Mitch

If the rebel tree was out and was good people would start playing again.But the server performance is still a big issue and is another reason why people are qutting asylum and playing Olympus   

Gagss likes this
1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

We have some stuff in the oven, and I'm hopeful that it's done cooking soon. But I won't lie to you, and I'll beat the edgy kids around here to the punch. No update will bring us to full servers if we continue to implode.

Hard to turn on the oven when the power in the Kitchen is turned off.

your-strength-lies-in-your-ability-to-wa

TRYHARD, Good Lub, Vlad and 3 others like this