bamf

Change log 8.1.7

871 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jamal said:

It has been a full week, any info?

46 minutes ago, Azeh said:

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (PC) – August 14

If we don't see the update before then, we may never see it.. 

I was on vacation this last week, but I'm back now.  @Poseidon was somewhat busy this week, but hopefully has made some progress.  I should know more once i get to a PC and actually talk to people tonight.  

Twinkie and Azeh like this

Just now, bamf said:

I was on vacation this last week, but I'm back now.  @Poseidon was somewhat busy this week, but hopefully has made some progress.  I should know more once i get to a PC and actually talk to people tonight.  

Summer is ending and people are beginning to lose interest in the game and begin starting their typical work and school schedules. I would hate to see amazing work from dedicated developers go to waste just because of the time it came out.

Kas, DeepHouse and Chow Mein like this

On 8/8/2018 at 6:11 PM, Farmer Steve said:

ETA on new content? ;c

csharp likes this

2 hours ago, Jamal said:

Summer is ending and people are beginning to lose interest in the game and begin starting their typical work and school schedules. I would hate to see amazing work from dedicated developers go to waste just because of the time it came out.

im guessing there is a massive player count drop during school season?

Delete account likes this

23 hours ago, csharp said:

It'll drop some, but less than people always expect. 

csharp likes this

14 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

It'll drop some, but less than people always expect. 

good. i would hate to see the servers empty. i figured it would drop maybe 20% or so

Posted (edited)

so today I capped 2 cartels, and for both of them I didn’t get any war rating, and only a select few in my group did. Idk how that works, but there was 5-6 of us and only 2 people got war points. Plz fix 

Edited by Gяavlツ
English

@Poseidon

I'm sure you're working on it already, but I had that issue again where I had to relog at a cartel in order to cap it. (I had gang perks, so I was recognized by the server as being in a gang)

Also, when cartel is capped, only 1 person of the bunch gets the war points.

1 hour ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

@Poseidon

I'm sure you're working on it already, but I had that issue again where I had to relog at a cartel in order to cap it. (I had gang perks, so I was recognized by the server as being in a gang)

Guess the servers just dont like you.

cHIP ōTLE likes this

1 hour ago, |CaSpEr| said:

Guess the servers just dont like you.

Guess not...

Mo money mo problems

DeepHouse and |CaSpEr| like this

3 hours ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

@Poseidon

I miss getting 5 war points :(

Just now, justi said:

Rebel tree?

Not today. But there's a chance of an update coming today.

18 hours ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

@Poseidon

I'm aware of the cartel issue and working on it.

Samperino, Twinkie, massi and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I'm aware of the cartel issue and working on it.

I was able to cap one cartel and when I went to the next I had to relog. Bit odd.

Posted (edited)

Just now, TylerB said:

Any ETA on the rebel tree?

ASAP (Later this week). There should be an update rolling out tonight with more fixes, and attempts at fixing server instability. I've fixed the majority of the issues I'm aware of with my systems and now I gotta finish rebel tree.

I've finished that update and given changelogs/info the gnashes/bamf so it's just a matter of time.

Edited by Poseidon
wollie35, Atra, Danne and 10 others like this

Just now, Poseidon said:

ASAP (Later this week). There should be an update rolling out tonight with more fixes, and attempts at fixing server instability. I've fixed the majority of the issues I'm aware of with my systems and now I gotta finish rebel tree.

I've finished that update and given changelogs/info the gnashes/bamf so it's just a matter of time.

Savior of the year 

31 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

when is that rebel tree gonna be finished?

Posted (edited)

Just now, Poseidon said:

Did you not read the first 4 words of my post?

later this week isn't specific my dad told me that he'd be back later this week and he lied so forgive me for wanting something more specific

Edited by Jamal

1 minute ago, Jamal said:

later this week isn't specific

Later this week means like fri-mon.

10 minutes ago, Jamal said:

later this week isn't specific my dad told me that he'd be back later this week and he lied so forgive me for wanting something more specific

I dont blame him.

Kevingreen23, Steve, Space and 3 others like this

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Is there anything you can do to fix the clothing bug? (Clothing/Vests not showing so you have to relog or "tap" the clothing store)

Also gang group has been broken since I started playing on the servers. Random people can glitch in to gang group, if you join a group you have to relog to rejoin gang group, sometimes people glitch out. Its honestly a mess so anything you can do to make it worth using would be nice.

Edited by TryHardSqueaker

4 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

Is there anything you can do to fix the clothing bug? (Clothing/Vests not showing so you have to relog or "tap" the clothing store)

Also gang group has been broken since I started playing on the servers. Random people can glitch in to gang group, if you join a group you have to relog to rejoin gang group, sometimes people glitch out. Its honestly a mess so anything you can do to make it worth using would be nice.

Sounds like a weird bug, when I coded my system for olympus it was basically called a default gang group, you would get put in it on server join, leave it when you make a new group, and get put back in it if you disband that new group. As for clothing not sure.

The cleanup for groups could help prevent random people joining your group possibly, so maybe this update will improve that aspect.

Just now, Poseidon said:

Sounds like a weird bug, when I coded my system for olympus it was basically called a default gang group, you would get put in it on server join, leave it when you make a new group, and get put back in it if you disband that new group. As for clothing not sure.

The cleanup for groups could help prevent random people joining your group possibly, so maybe this update will improve that aspect.

Well, I know that whenever you invite someone to the gang they have to relog to join the gang group so Im guessing the server will only put you into the gang group when you connect and there is no way to rejoin it besides relogging. 

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

I know some other servers have a button that you press and it fixes the clothes don't know how well that could be implemented here

Gяavlツ likes this

Posted (edited)

@Poseidon server 1 crashed for well over an hour tonight going on for 2 hours :(

make it 3 hours :(

Edited by MagicSpoon

11 hours ago, MagicSpoon said:

@Poseidon server 1 crashed for well over an hour tonight going on for 2 hours :(

make it 3 hours :(

It gotta be some bad service provider that hosts the server? 

Cause u wont get red chained and kicked anymore, it lags constantly for 30 mins or more then its playable for a second and continues

1 hour ago, Danne said:

It gotta be some bad service provider that hosts the server? 

Cause u wont get red chained and kicked anymore, it lags constantly for 30 mins or more then its playable for a second and continues

Asylum did change its hosts a couple years ago. I've heard speculations that Paratus struck a deal with the current hosting company that if he hosts his identity servers with them he will get a better deal or something along those lines. I was inactive at the time of the switch so I can't speak for the huge difference in performance immediately after the host change. Though many people tell me the difference was night and day.

On 8/11/2018 at 9:31 PM, csharp said:

As Twinkie said there is a player count drop, though last year I feel like the player count dropped so much because of the server performance at the time. It was 1 thing to deal with the mass kicks when you have hours of free time everyday but another thing when you go to school full time and it is unplayable when you can play.

So I made this while messing around, note that no one asked me to make it so don't worry about it being implemented. What do you guys think of this? Do you prefer being able to DPI glitch or do you think this would be a good addition? Basically if you spam your mouse around fast and long enough you trip over yourself and go limp for a brief time.

2 minutes ago, Nikola Tesla said:

@Poseidon

Don't you think the terrain will launch somebody across the map and insta kill them? Well i guess it will stop them from using the DPI glitch

I'm hearing a fast travel "Feature"

smellypig likes this

1 minute ago, Patato said:

I'm hearing a fast travel "Feature"

You wouldn't be able to choose where you traveled however ;)

Also easy fix - If landing distance > 100m from starting position kill

6 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

You wouldn't be able to choose where you traveled however ;)

Also easy fix - If landing distance > 100m from starting position kill

ngl if you land more than 100m away arma will probably kill you anyways

Twinkie and Poseidon like this