Change log 8.1.7

bamf

35 minutes ago, Azeh said:

Unhealthy for the server and especially cartels, just like CSATs + carrier lites. Nice to use but aids to be against. 

Sucks that Bohemia fucked up Hatchbacks though.

Not everyone wants to pay 100k for a vehicle they will most likely lose. I’m also not pulling up to a cartel in a hatchback. People would drop faster than cops at fed.

57 minutes ago, Azeh said:

Unhealthy for the server and especially cartels, just like CSATs + carrier lites. Nice to use but aids to be against. 

Sucks that Bohemia fucked up Hatchbacks though.

What if they made it so if you cross bottle neck in a qillin or a prowler the wheels break or the engine gets cut?

1 minute ago, wollie35 said:

there is no need for action against qilins, they are fine, everybody has acces to them, nobody is overpowered or underpowered because of m.

Have you ever been at a cartel and 10 qilins surround cap in a matter of seconds? There is almost nothing that can be done about it, especially at church. Plus the defending gang will have people go off cap with them, when you go to chase them they just bail. You drop a hardaimer > a qillin goes behind you > you chase the qilin he leaves> You drop the hardaimer again > the qilin comes back > cancer. I believe the vehicle is fine but at cartels they are over used and as a result of that gangs don't wanna push with ifrits.

Edited by Steve
Twinkie, GravL and Azeh like this
1 hour ago, Steve said:

Have you ever been at a cartel and 10 qilins surround cap in a matter of seconds? There is almost nothing that can be done about it, especially at church. Plus the defending gang will have people go off cap with them, when you go to chase them they just bail. You drop a hardaimer > a qillin goes behind you > you chase the qilin he leaves> You drop the hardaimer again > the qilin comes back > cancer. I believe the vehicle is fine but at cartels they are over used and as a result of that gangs don't wanna push with ifrits.

Maybe the focus should be on fixing stuff, not breaking stuff. Also I haven't seen 10 qilins at a cartel in a while (since repeared og event i think) I agree they are strong, but the fact is the usual fights rn its logical noone is pulling ifrit. Why pull ifrit for a 3 men push, or a solo capper, i think the qilin isnt the main problem

Space likes this
Just now, wollie35 said:

Maybe the focus should be on fixing stuff, not breaking stuff. Also I haven't seen 10 qilins at a cartel in a while (since repeared og event i think) I agree they are strong, but the fact is the usual fights rn its logical noone is pulling ifrit. Why pull ifrit for a 3 men push, or a solo capper, i think the qilin isnt the main problem

I just experienced the 10 qilin push yesterday lol

G.O.A.T and McMuffin like this
5 hours ago, HotWings said:

Only issue I have with reducing jail time instead of bail is it completely removes the bail all together.  There is no risk of going to jail at any price because you can just press plates for 5 minutes and be done. Unless the amount of time reduced it in conjunction with the bail itself it would be counter intuitive to the prison system.  I get no one wants to go to jail, but there also needs to be legit punishment for breaking the laws as well.

Easy, make going to prison cost the person money like it does on Olympus but make pressing plates reduce their time. The things Azeh listed are easy fixes (except I disagree about armor stacking, it's not as OP as people claim it is) that Asylum either puts behind a paywall or refuses to do. Aside from the obvious server issues, it's bad decisions and greed that killed Asylum. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Maaqs likes this
5 hours ago, Steve said:

We get like our whole gang on and the server shits out multiple times between server 1 and 2. Has anything been changed that wasn't posted on the patch notes? It's not quite as bad as it was a month ago but a week ago it was much better then this. @bamf @Poseidon

I think it's just the extra players from the weekend causing it, not sure. I was able to log in for a couple hours and stay on server while it shit itself and use some different debug logging stuff, no smoking gun tho. I also tried executing a script to see if it would help the server recover, and it did recover within 30 seconds but I have a feeling my script wasn't the thing to fix it, just the server decided to stop shitting itself. I've been looking through some logs for a while no trying to find some weird stuff.

JackBlaque, Steve, ZIM2233 and 6 others like this
10 hours ago, wollie35 said:

there is no need for action against qilins, they are fine, everybody has acces to them, nobody is overpowered or underpowered because of m.

Just because everybody has access to Quilins doesn't mean they shouldn't be nerfed/removed.

Everybody has access to Zoe on league, doesn't mean she's not stupidly annoying to play against. 

17 minutes ago, Reapered said:

Just because everybody has access to Quilins doesn't mean they shouldn't be nerfed/removed.

Everybody has access to Zoe on league, doesn't mean she's not stupidly annoying to play against. 

They wouldn't be a problem if people didn't use them the way they do to slam cartels with 10 of them or be a constant pain in the ass dropping behind people and the second they think they are about to get killed they bail. In doing so the cartel fights are often times fought off cap. We experienced this yesterday and some fights we lost some fights we won so it isn't biased in that regard I just think it's not fun.

Gagss, ZIM2233 and Vlad like this
1 hour ago, jphman said:

Oh please im going to make a quillin shooting montage if this keeps going on it isn't that hard to shoot people out of them.

One quilin isn't the problem at cartels. It's when you get a temper push and see 13 quillins go over north windmills.

3 hours ago, Reapered said:

but not everybody can play zoe on league, and also zoe isn't annoying imo but besides the point.

I think the perspective is wrong, instead of fixing other vehicles to fit towards cartels such as ifrit, we are breaking vehicles.

Space likes this
1 hour ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Removing qilins just because of cartels is one of the dumbest suggestions I’ve ever read on these forums. 

It's not that I want them removed it's that they are used in such a manner at cartels and while even fighting cops that they are basically like an ifrit for one person. For instance, we did a fed the other day and we were able to keep the cops off the hemmt by having 3 people drive around in qilins shooting the cops while they chase the hemmt. I was piloting the orca and I literally only had to land one time to help get the cops off the hemmt when I would normally need to land 4 or 5 times.

Edited by Steve
10 hours ago, Reapered said:

Nah mate I think you got that confused with this suggestion 

Donor HQ made sense back in the day because everyone spawned there for safety from APD. But removing qilins because people don't know how to counter it on cartels is retarded.

Edit: Let me elaborate - one of the problems with Asylum has always been too much focus placed on cartel life even at the cost of the main objective of this mission file which was originally cops vs civs/rebels/robbers. Cartels is something Paratus came up with and Olympus unfortunately copied but lucky for Olympus, McDili had the brains to realize this was a dead end path and shifted Olympus away from a purely cartel focus. Removing qilins for the sake of cartels would be a terrible move because not everyone plays Altis life for cartels and the vehicle has many other utilities for civs besides cartel pushes. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Maaqs and jphman like this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Donor HQ made sense back in the day because everyone spawned there for safety from APD. But removing qilins because people don't know how to counter it on cartels is retarded.

that's the hole point of spawning donor, ur still not safe from bh tho.

But non the less, the qilin thing is stupid

Space likes this
On 8/5/2018 at 10:22 PM, Steve said:

They wouldn't be a problem if people didn't use them the way they do to slam cartels with 10 of them or be a constant pain in the ass dropping behind people and the second they think they are about to get killed they bail. In doing so the cartel fights are often times fought off cap. We experienced this yesterday and some fights we lost some fights we won so it isn't biased in that regard I just think it's not fun.

sounds like you need to "improvise, adapt and overcome". 

jphman likes this
5 hours ago, jeans said:

sounds like you need to "improvise, adapt and overcome". 

In normal circumstances I would agree with but in this case qilins have changed the way cartels are fought so much you don't end up fighting the cap you end up fighting somewhere 300-500m off cap. As I said previously it's not just cartels it's fighting cops to when we did a fed a couple days ago with like 20 cops on I barely had to land people in my orca on the cops because the 2-3 people we had in qilins driving around did all the work for us.

20 hours ago, Steve said:

@bamf @Gnashes  I suggest you increase the price of a qilin and prowler to 20-25k but also increase the amount they hold back to what they were. That way people will be more careful with them. I think if they cost that much people wouldn't be so quick to use them as the only vehicle they use.

On Olympus they doubled the price of qilins and decreased the ifrit price last patch. I have seen one ifrit since and it’s been a month. 

Wouldnt be hard to make the qilin/prowler balenced, make the car illegal and nerf the tires. If that’s done the APD prowler would need to be taken away though.

I would also like to see some buffs to the hatch sport and SUV tires @bamf . Give us an alternative to the qilin. Ifrit price reduction would be nice as well.

william, Danne, Mason and 7 others like this