Change log 8.1.7

bamf

11 hours ago, Biground said:

Something changed. I just tested it. an RPG normally 1 shots an SUV and Offroad. It took 3 and still did not blow it up. Something was secretly nerfed or changed. 

I didn't change anything with damage event handlers, so I don't think it's something I did but can be looked into.

The new update is in rough testing at the moment, yesterday was my first day at my temporary job, and my phone says I walked like 9 miles. Which was rough considering I've sat on my ass for almost everyday the last 4 years. So I came home and passed out. Everything hurts but I plan on finishing up the update today, it will then be tested by select few, and then we'll be gucci. Sorry again for the delays, this month has been really chaotic. Tomorrow I have an in person interview for an IT job so hopefully that goes well and I won't need to continue my labor intensive job where I almost die from walking for 11 hours...

I've also been working on more optimization things to help find the root of the server issues, which is also part of the reason for the delays since I've been splitting my time between performance investigation stuff/new update. After this new update drops if Bamf want's to keep me around to find the root of the server perf issues I've got some new things to try that seem really promising.

And yes this update will fix items scattering across the ground....

Edited by Poseidon
McMuffin, Vlad, Maaqs and 22 others like this
12 hours ago, Biground said:

Something changed. I just tested it. an RPG normally 1 shots an SUV and Offroad. It took 3 and still did not blow it up. Something was secretly nerfed or changed. 

They should be removed anyways, it's basically a suicide vest that you can shoot. What happened there usually never happens and even then, the orca was going down after the second rocket anyways. Asylum's combat was more enjoyable without the RPG's in the game. It was more centered around gun play then it is now. This is coming from the person that brings them to cartels to try to make a gang rage quit.

TRYHARD, Scott, Donald and 1 other like this
2 hours ago, Steve said:

They should be removed anyways, it's basically a suicide vest that you can shoot. What happened there usually never happens and even then, the orca was going down after the second rocket anyways. Asylum's combat was more enjoyable without the RPG's in the game. It was more centered around gun play then it is now. This is coming from the person that brings them to cartels to try to make a gang rage quit.

West Rock Push OP

Steve, Donald, Innate and 1 other like this
3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

After this new update drops if Bamf want's to keep me around to find the root of the server perf issues I've got some new things to try that seem really promising.

I can bet that everyone that plays asylum would want you to stick around and help. The things you've done have helped boost asylum's activity, and made playing a more enjoyable experience for basically everyone.

Twinkie and Danne like this
7 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I didn't change anything with damage event handlers, so I don't think it's something I did but can be looked into.

The new update is in rough testing at the moment, yesterday was my first day at my temporary job, and my phone says I walked like 9 miles. Which was rough considering I've sat on my ass for almost everyday the last 4 years. So I came home and passed out. Everything hurts but I plan on finishing up the update today, it will then be tested by select few, and then we'll be gucci. Sorry again for the delays, this month has been really chaotic. Tomorrow I have an in person interview for an IT job so hopefully that goes well and I won't need to continue my labor intensive job where I almost die from walking for 11 hours...

I've also been working on more optimization things to help find the root of the server issues, which is also part of the reason for the delays since I've been splitting my time between performance investigation stuff/new update. After this new update drops if Bamf want's to keep me around to find the root of the server perf issues I've got some new things to try that seem really promising.

Thank you for the update. Its very sad that the bamf and the other developers have given no insight to what is going on. If they had a job in any software development setting it would not fly to not communicate with others.

DeepHouse likes this
1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Thank you for the update. Its very sad that the bamf and the other developers have given no insight to what is going on. If they had a job in any software development setting it would not fly to not communicate with others.

it will take end of this year for us to actually see the update on the server

DeepHouse and Danne like this
22 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Try get some people on board to test who actually play the server and not admins who are just gonna be there simply because they are admins and dont play. Rebels need to test the talent tree so if you could float that idea to the almighty higher ups of the admin team that would be awesome. 

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
19 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Try get some people on board to test who actually play the server and not admins who are just gonna be there simply because they are admins and dont play. Rebels need to test the talent tree so if you could float that idea to the almighty higher ups of the admin team that would be awesome. 

TL;DR - Let me play because I hate the admin team.

12 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

TL;DR - Let me play because I hate the admin team.

Something ive suggested for a long time, regular players testing who actually play and not just sit in a Teamspeak channel acting admin, makes sense no? Most admins havent touched the server recently. And i couldn't care less if i was asked tbh, i hardly play as is right now just suggesting something that makes perfect sense but you dont care about any of that, youre just looking for something smart and cocky to say because you havent anything else to do in the community. And i dont hate the admin team Clint, i just hate you :).

16 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Something ive suggested for a long time, regular players testing who actually play and not just sit in a Teamspeak channel acting admin, makes sense no? Most admins havent touched the server recently. And i couldn't care less if i was asked tbh, i hardly play as is right now just suggesting something that makes perfect sense but you dont care about any of that, youre just looking for something smart and cocky to say because you havent anything else to do in the community. And i dont hate the admin team Clint, i just hate you :).

just cause he banned alec 

On 8/28/2018 at 4:07 PM, Poseidon said:

it take 11 hours to walk 9 miles?