Change log 8.1.7

bamf

35 minutes ago, Danne said:

Even i got bored of Asylum

So did I... in 2014 that is ;)

And on the topic of making a mission from scratch, you guys are under-estimating the amount of work it would require. I don't think anyone here that develops has enough free time to make that happen. I tried to do it myself in ~2015. I remade user interface's, remade map systems, wanted system, things like that. But those things are only a small piece of the whole thing. It's just an overwhelming amount of work that is required to make something like that in a reasonable amount of time, especially alone. So I scrapped that idea and just took the cool stuff I made and put it in my main framework.

Edited by Poseidon
Maaqs, Fried Rice, Twinkie and 1 other like this
38 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

So did I... in 2014 that is ;)

And on the topic of making a mission from scratch, you guys are under-estimating the amount of work it would require. I don't think anyone here that develops has enough free time to make that happen. I tried to do it myself in ~2015. I remade user interface's, remade map systems, wanted system, things like that. But those things are only a small piece of the whole thing. It's just an overwhelming amount of work that is required to make something like that in a reasonable amount of time, especially alone. So I scrapped that idea and just took the cool stuff I made and put it in my main framework.

Rewriting is much harder than just trying to fix shit. You need to make sure that *everything* needs to work the same as it did, while being better. Thousands of lines of code, hundreds of man hours. 

Food for thought:

soon (adv.)

Old English sona "at once, immediately, directly, forthwith," from Proto-Germanic *sæno (source also of Old Frisian son, Old Saxon sana, Old High German san, Gothic suns "soon"). Sense softened early Middle English to "within a short time" (compare anon, just (adv.)). American English. Sooner for "Oklahoma native" is 1930 (earlier "one who acts prematurely," 1889), from the 1889 opening to whites of what was then part of Indian Territory, when many would-be settlers sneaked onto public land and staked their claims "sooner" than the legal date and time.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/soon

Just a status update again, the update is feature complete 'I beleive'. Just waiting for more testing tonight when bamf gets on. We have to come up with names for some of the newer talents but the functionality is already coded and ready for testing tonight.

As for server performance, as I mentioned I've got some new stuff I wanna try that I'm going to show bamf when he gets on. I'm feeling hopeful this new method will shed light on what's making the server go poop poop.

Nubis, Louie, Azeh and 7 others like this
Just now, Poseidon said:

Just a status update again, the update is feature complete 'I beleive'. Just waiting for more testing tonight when bamf gets on. We have to come up with names for some of the newer talents but the functionality is already coded and ready for testing tonight.

As for server performance, as I mentioned I've got some new stuff I wanna try that I'm going to show bamf when he gets on. I'm feeling hopeful this new method will shed light on what's making the server go poop poop.

So another week? WOO!

Edited by Farmer Steve
1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

please fix the BE kicks

Just now, Poseidon said:

That depends on how soon we start testing and such. Tomorrow hopefully since I don't have work tomorrow. I just need everyone else to be available.

Once you have the stuff tested just launch it. you should just post a thread for the forums to create names, no need to spend an hour on thinking about names and the such. 

Just now, Poseidon said:

That depends on how soon we start testing and such. Tomorrow hopefully since I don't have work tomorrow. I just need everyone else to be available.

see heres the thing I have to work tomorrow okay? and I will be checking on you bud! If Bamfy Bitch doesnt have content for this dead server im going to sick lil tay on you

Twinkie likes this