Headphones

Lorax

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-SR-Open-Back/dp/B01JP436TS/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1532734897&sr=8-1&keywords=hd%2B598&dpID=41X8ZPjlKJL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

Spoiler

81t4sgDlfhL._SL1500_.jpg

I had the open-back version of this headset and the sound quality was excellent, the closed-back version will better for gaming especially if you have a loud keyboard.

Twinkie and Lorax like this

37 minutes ago, Kettles said:

Sound quality is horseshit when compared to anything from Sennheiser.

There's also no point in him getting a gaming headset when he already has a stand-alone mic.

Also, wireless... bleeeh.

did you get to compare them? i still have time to return my mine thats why asking

i think wireless headphone are great if you always end up fucking up the cable 

1 hour ago, Kettles said:

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-SR-Open-Back/dp/B01JP436TS/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1532734897&sr=8-1&keywords=hd%2B598&dpID=41X8ZPjlKJL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

Reveal hidden contents

81t4sgDlfhL._SL1500_.jpg

I had the open-back version of this headset and the sound quality was excellent, the closed-back version will better for gaming especially if you have a loud keyboard.

I was looking at some of the headphones on massdrop such as the Sennheiser HD 6XX and the AKG K7XX the only problem is that I would have to pay a large amount in currency exchange as well as import taxes. Do you think it would be better just to go for the HD 598's instead?

Edited by Lorax
Twinkie likes this
27 minutes ago, sakha said:

did you get to compare them? i still have time to return my mine thats why asking

i think wireless headphone are great if you always end up fucking up the cable 

I've had tons of gaming headsets from different brands throughout the years and they've all come up short; subpar audio quality and TERRIBLE mics.

Nothing beats the studio headset and standalone mic combo.

30 minutes ago, Lorax said:

I was looking at some of the headphones on massdrop such as the Sennheiser HD 6XX and the AKG K7XX the only problem is that I would have to pay a large amount in currency exchange as well as import taxes. Do you think it would be better just to go for the HD 598's instead?

I currently run the 6XX's paired with a Blue Yeti and I have no regrets.

Although you have to jump through a few hoops to get your hands on a pair of 6XX's they're definitely worth it.

I will say that you will need to pair them with a decent amp to achieve the perfect audio experience.

One caveat is that the 6XX's are only available in the open-back design so you'll be able to hear everything in your background and everyone around you will be able to hear what you're listening to.

Edited by Kettles
Lorax and sakha like this
3 hours ago, Kettles said:

Reveal hidden contents

81t4sgDlfhL._SL1500_.jpg

+1 I have these and a DAC and they are amazing

Kettles and Lorax like this