People Getting CL Bans

Now this hasn't affected me but has affected people I have known. Why are people getting automatic combat log bans when the server is having crashing issues and people tend to log out / leave because they can't stand waiting 15 minutes for the server to come back. I think the combat log bans should be put on hold until the crashes get fixed because I think more people are getting banned off of that rather than actually combat logging.

IceVenom likes this
1 minute ago, Tom Kappa said:

Now this hasn't affected me but has affected people I have known. Why are people getting automatic combat log bans when the server is having crashing issues and people tend to log out / leave because they can't stand waiting 15 minutes for the server to come back. I think the combat log bans should be put on hold until the crashes get fixed because I think more people are getting banned off of that rather than actually combat logging.

Record and make a ban appeal... and clean your record, if you have been banned....

Its not that hard.

Just now, JaxxonMurphy said:

For some reason I have a feeling a lot of the bans are still a legit ban.. Don't log out if you're in combat.. simple enough.

I'm not saying that at all, But considering a lot of the time people can be processed / in a situation with cops / bounty hunters. Why should I have to deal with a 1 - 3 day ban because the server goes down. Its so irritating having to sit on the same broken server for 15 minutes just waiting for it to come back up because I don't want to face a ban

DeepHouse likes this

The admins know when the server has issues, I'm guessing they can tell the difference between someone logging out due to a server shitting the bed.. over someone Combat Logging..

Unless you just have a money hungry ass hole cop, most of them are not going to report someone if the server goes to shit.. 

Edited by JaxxonMurphy
Just now, JaxxonMurphy said:

The admins know when the server has issues, I'm guessing they can tell the difference between someone logging out due to a server shitting the bed.. over someone Combat Logging..

I don't believe they can because its all done by the body bags. But u get cops / bounty hunters that send people to jail even when the server is lagging so its an automatic ban via admins going through people who have "Logged"

1 hour ago, JaxxonMurphy said:

Unless you just have a money hungry ass hole cop, most of them are not going to report someone if the server goes to shit.. 

I sent a person to jail via body bag because the server lagged out and after 10 minutes he left. I was quizzed on this by an admin and explained it was not a combat log. They cant tell if its a server lag issue. They see the log of a persons body bag being sent to jail and take action. Bring back mass kicks because its better than the shit we have now. Servers lagging timing out for 15 minutes +, been on cop during banks and seen all rebels downed restrained by the time server caught up. Servers are shit, and innocent folks are getting fucked by it. 

Tom Kappa and Masonn like this
3 hours ago, Tom Kappa said:

I don't believe they can because its all done by the body bags. But u get cops / bounty hunters that send people to jail even when the server is lagging so its an automatic ban via admins going through people who have "Logged"

Body bags disappear after like 30 seconds dont they? They wouldnt be there to send to jail if there was true lagging issues.

4 hours ago, HotWings said:

Body bags disappear after like 30 seconds dont they? They wouldnt be there to send to jail if there was true lagging issues.

The servers sorta catch up here and there, And if its lagging the bags will stay there for 5+ minutes. All it takes is for one cop to send the bodybag to jail and that is a fat CL ban

6 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Here’s the problem though, yes a lot of people get the bans due to the lag, but others are legit CL that will blame the lag to be unbanned. Just get recording software or use your phone to record all the lag. Could even jump in TS and speak with an admin or mod

"New Player" Restrained for 5 minutes then was about to get ticket. Server goes down. Next thing u know, He wants to try the server again. OH WAIT IM CL BANNED FOR 3 DAYS

6 hours ago, Trilligy said:

We can see when servers are having issues with most things but every so often we can't and its in those times I ask but most of the time it is someone having issues with their client. 

Yeah but the problem is, Innocent people are being banned left and right. if u can't keep the servers up, Why are we punishing people for CL. I can't stand it

On 7/31/2018 at 1:20 PM, HomeTrlx said:

Record and make a ban appeal... and clean your record, if you have been banned....

Its not that hard.

Or. OR. And hear me out here. We DONT instantly ban everyone and assume guilty until proven innocent. I know its a crazy concept but if you read it really slow it may start to make sense.

18 minutes ago, OGRoger said:

Or. OR. And hear me out here. We DONT instantly ban everyone and assume guilty until proven innocent. I know its a crazy concept but if you read it really slow it may start to make sense.

Not rly. I'd rather see them all banned and get punished. Everyone whos no guilty and did not CL on purpose just have to throw a 10 sec video in tthe ban appeal or to an admin (prolly not but still) and hes fine. Everyone whos not recording are playing at their own risk on the server.

16 hours ago, HomeTrlx said:

Not rly. I'd rather see them all banned and get punished. Everyone whos no guilty and did not CL on purpose just have to throw a 10 sec video in tthe ban appeal or to an admin (prolly not but still) and hes fine. Everyone whos not recording are playing at their own risk on the server.

“Playing their own risk on the server”

so now its a requirement to record all the time? Yikes...