Storage capacity was reduced to mirror the intended use of the vehicle. There are 8 (?) gunner seats that already make it a great asset when fighting etc. However,  it's not intended to be a mobile firing position with a high level of storage capacity. The amount the storage was being used ranked just below the box truck. 

Patato, ItsLego, DeepHouse and 3 others like this
2 minutes ago, Maaqs said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) So when does the Prowler inventory space get nerfed? (if it hasn't been already) since it can hold passengers. And the Offroad? Since you can "turn out" in the back now.

As far as the offroad is concerned, the storage will stay where it's at. Its not as versatile off road and shooting from. The prowler I'm unsure of at this tine 

Edit. The prowler has 50 space as well. 

Patato likes this
Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

As far as the offroad is concerned, the storage will stay where it's at. Its not as versatile off road and shooting from. The prowler I'm unsure of at this tine 

Can't wait until civs are forced to either run money in large vehicles begging to get robbed / caught by the cops or such small runs in a slow-mobile Offroad or quad bike!

I know you might not have much say in it, but I'm just dumbfounded this was thought of, and then considered a "good" idea.

jphman, .Casper and Steve like this
Just now, Maaqs said:

Can't wait until civs are forced to either run money in large vehicles begging to get robbed / caught by the cops or such small runs in a slow-mobile Offroad or quad bike!

I know you might not have much say in it, but I'm just dumbfounded this was thought of, and then considered a "good" idea.

I know it sucks. But I also know that you are not completely down and out. Just have to adjust the way you do your runs etc to account for the ability of other vehicles. 

Patato likes this

The reason this really sucks now is that since apex Bohemia has been fucking with the other non-apex cars. The suspension and handling on the hatchback sport is complete garbage compared to what it was. If the concern was to stop smash and grabs they could have made it so gold bars can't be put inside of a qillin. Heaven forbid people make money on Asylum. I wish Gnashes or bamf or who's ever idea this was would realize that people being wealthy means more shit happens on the servers then the same dry shit everyday. The bottom line is that people shouldn't be fearful of losing a load out or two, and I hope Asylum is not going back towards people being fearful of losing a loadout or two because money making becomes that much of a pain in the ass.

Edited by Steve
1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I know it sucks. But I also know that you are not completely down and out. Just have to adjust the way you do your runs etc to account for the ability of other vehicles. 

Whats wrong with snatch and grabs? It's high risk high reward like anything else. Why didn't the devs just fix there own fed instead of ruining qillin's runs in general.:shrug:

jphman likes this
18 minutes ago, M a s o n said:

Whats wrong with snatch and grabs? It's high risk high reward like anything else.

Smash and grabs are not at all high-risk high reward if you know what you are doing. They are actually minimal risk high reward. Often times officers are unable to soft log back to air hq, load in, grab a car and get to the fed before you can get out. The only way you get caught doing it, is if you are really slow, officers happen to be nearby, or there is a helo which can catch up with you.

As for the qulin nerf as @Mitch (IFRIT) said, it isn't so much smash and grabs that was the problem.

1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Storage capacity was reduced to mirror the intended use of the vehicle. There are 8 (?) gunner seats that already make it a great asset when fighting etc. However,  it's not intended to be a mobile firing position with a high level of storage capacity. The amount the storage was being used ranked just below the box truck. 

You have other options, you just need to explore them. This is not the end of your runs, you just need to realize your options. I personally have already found a solution to the qulin capacity nerf that I am happy with. I know not everyone will like the solution I have but it is what it is. I will not hand feed you a solution but I will give you this. http://gaming-asylumwiki.com/wiki/Vehicles give the wiki team time to update the prowler and qulin inventory sizes but the rest are up to date as far as I know.

35 minutes ago, M a s o n said:

Whats wrong with snatch and grabs? It's high risk high reward like anything else. Why didn't the devs just fix there own fed instead of ruining qillin's runs in general.:shrug:

As Mitch have already stated, the nerf was not because snatch and grabs, but due to the fact that the amount of space in comparison to a box truck is ridiculous for such vehicle.

The guy who said its related to snatch and grabs is @JaxxonMurphy and he isn't an Admin nor Dev to my knowledge, so don't jump into conclusions regarding the reduce of trunk space .

bbgreg17 likes this
3 minutes ago, bbgreg17 said:

Smash and grabs are not at all high-risk high reward if you know what you are doing.

You have other options, you just need to explore them.

So punish players who have put enough time into the server to make money to then spend it? That person still gets a bounty, and still runs the risk of getting caught by cops or civs.

Sure, big vehicles - but hold on real quick, lemme get robbed or caught by the cops because (you guessed it) it's a big vehicle.  Offroad / Jeep? No thanks, I run faster. Hatch Sport? HA.SUV is the only one that could be useful.

Edited by Maaqs
jphman likes this

Just do Van runs if you have the dlc, if not try Mohawk runs

as for smash and grabs, the only nerf I can think of that won’t completely delete smash and grabs but rather make them harder is if they add fed and bank guard duty(spawn at the nearest hq)  like how there’s the prison guard duty due to how much longer it can take to softlog for people 

Buck likes this
2 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Edited by Batcan
Mitch (IFRIT) likes this
Just now, Maaqs said:

So punish players who have put enough time into the server to make money to then spend it? That person still gets a bounty, and still runs the risk of getting caught by cops or civs.

Before I joined the APD and was playing civ with a friend we figured out how to smash and grab in one try. Literally, on our first attempt, we managed to get in get a bar each and get out and make it to rebel and sell. Our escape vehicle? A hatch sport (before bohemia messed with them). If a couple of guys can figure it out and get it on their first attempt that doesn't seem like something you have to put much time into figuring out to me. Yes you still have some risk when it comes to smash and grabbing. I personally think it is less than running meth.

1 minute ago, Maaqs said:

Sure, big vehicles - but hold on real quick, lemme get robbed or caught by the cops because it's a big vehicle.  Offroad / Jeep? No thanks, I run faster. Hatch Sport? HA.SUV is the only one that could be useful.

bgG1gfO.png

Just now, bbgreg17 said:

Before I joined the APD and was playing civ with a friend we figured out how to smash and grab in one try. Literally, on our first attempt, we managed to get in get a bar each and get out and make it to rebel and sell. Our escape vehicle? A hatch sport (before bohemia messed with them). If a couple of guys can figure it out and get it on their first attempt that doesn't seem like something you have to put much time into figuring out to me. Yes you still have some risk when it comes to smash and grabbing. I personally think it is less than running meth.

bgG1gfO.png

Wait a minute. Qillins are not faster than prowlers.

Just now, bbgreg17 said:

bgG1gfO.png

That's all fine and dandy, but you're not always going to have the luxury of being on the road / not chased. Can you actually say you'd prefer the Jeep as a getaway vehicle compared to a Qillin?

Delusional if you do.

And you saw smash and grab is less risk than meth - that's probably why meth makes more, no?

Edited by Maaqs
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
Just now, Kevingreen23 said:

as for smash and grabs, the only nerf I can think of that won’t completely delete smash and grabs but rather make them harder is if they add fed and bank guard duty(spawn at the nearest hq)  like how there’s the prison guard duty due to how much longer it can take to softlog for people 

I think some kind of option where you have to disable security on the middle, like cutting off the power to the antena (which makes them go on back up power aka hackable) would work. Make it so the perk which gives you a reduced chance of setting off the alarm on domes makes it a reduced chance when cutting the antenna. You would always set off the alarm as soon as you start hacking a dome. Also, you keep the fed cameras so you have a chance of getting spotted by those.

Just now, Maaqs said:

That's all fine and dandy, but you're not always going to have the luxury of being on the road / not chased. Can you actually say you'd prefer the Jeep as a getaway vehicle compared to a Qillin?

Delusional if you do.

No. I can't, but given that it is changed to the way it is, I guess I will have to live with it? Yes, I know all fine and dandy coming from a career cop. I guess if you wanna say my opinion is void cause of that knock yourself out.

Just now, bbgreg17 said:

No. I can't, but given that it is changed to the way it is, I guess I will have to live with it? Yes, I know all fine and dandy coming from a career cop. I guess if you wanna say my opinion is void cause of that knock yourself out.

Haven't said a thing about you being a LT or even an officer of the APD?

Just now, bbgreg17 said:

You can experience it when the cops are chasing me with you kidnapped in the back. ;)

Just now, bbgreg17 said:

I didn't say you did. I just know how forum arguments go when it comes to civ things and someone like me weighs in lol.

oh nah, I will wait to see how my whatever-vehicle-of-choice goes against an APD Prowler before I make a comment ;)

Though, if they do nerf the space of the Prowler (haven't been on to check), I think it becomes cop sided.

jphman likes this

Jesus fuck cops already get next to free loadouts and hatchback sports have more fucking space than a quillin now, does that really make sense? Cops can bring a prowler and chase down a quillin at meth lab no problem, its already hard enough with the lab switching to the shitty spot every time I try to make money. 

Maaqs likes this
8 minutes ago, jphman said:

Jesus fuck cops already get next to free loadouts and hatchback sports have more fucking space than a quillin now, does that really make sense? Cops can bring a prowler and chase down a quillin at meth lab no problem, its already hard enough with the lab switching to the shitty spot every time I try to make money. 

I was ahead of my time with the go-kart scotch runs.

:frog:

I had 6mil and nothing better to do.

jphman and JackBlaque like this
1 hour ago, Zoex said:

As Mitch have already stated, the nerf was not because snatch and grabs, but due to the fact that the amount of space in comparison to a box truck is ridiculous for such vehicle.

The guy who said its related to snatch and grabs is @JaxxonMurphy and he isn't an Admin nor Dev to my knowledge, so don't jump into conclusions regarding the reduce of trunk space .

Doesn't it have the same amount of space as an offroad which is 150?

14 minutes ago, Steve said:

Doesn't it have the same amount of space as an offroad which is 150?

*Had and no it had more, and even if it had an equal amount to an offroad, the offroad accelrates slower, has a "trunk" and lets be honest its wheels are way more sensitive.

In the case of the Qulin it was unfair in comparison to its agility.