4 hours ago, Maaqs said:

Can't wait until civs are forced to either run money in large vehicles begging to get robbed / caught by the cops or such small runs in a slow-mobile Offroad or quad bike!

I know you might not have much say in it, but I'm just dumbfounded this was thought of, and then considered a "good" idea.

he has a point, now there is no good in between vehicle you can use to run drugs. Personally i think this nerf is stupid.

Edited by |CaSpEr|
jphman likes this
1 hour ago, Zoex said:

As Mitch have already stated, the nerf was not because snatch and grabs, but due to the fact that the amount of space in comparison to a box truck is ridiculous for such vehicle.

The guy who said its related to snatch and grabs is @JaxxonMurphy and he isn't an Admin nor Dev to my knowledge, so don't jump into conclusions regarding the reduce of trunk space .

Got my info from the man himself.

https://gyazo.com/1015146093a731619eb3fbf41cfa8f66

GnashesLast Monday at 2:29 PM

Not enough for a gold bar is the idea

AKA - snatch and grabs.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ @Zoex

5 minutes ago, Zoex said:

*Had and no it had more, and even if it had an equal amount to an offroad, the offroad accelrates slower, has a "trunk" and lets be honest its wheels are way more sensitive.

In the case of the Qulin it was unfair in comparison to its agility.

To me it's ridiculous because it's another change that was not asked for. Why the hell does Asylum do this? No successful/populated Exile server I play on makes any kind of notable change to the game without the approval of the community unless it's related to antihack of some sort of server-side security issue. We all know Olympus doesn't change things without the approval or at the very least the consideration of what the community will think. I swear to Christ that every time Asylum is going in the right direction with something, a change is made that is just as stupid as the other change is good.

WHEN WILL THEY FUCKING LEARN

5 hours ago, Steve said:

The reason this really sucks now is that since apex Bohemia has been fucking with the other non-apex cars. The suspension and handling on the hatchback sport is complete garbage compared to what it was. If the concern was to stop smash and grabs they could have made it so gold bars can't be put inside of a qillin. Heaven forbid people make money on Asylum. I wish Gnashes or bamf or who's ever idea this was would realize that people being wealthy means more shit happens on the servers then the same dry shit everyday. The bottom line is that people shouldn't be fearful of losing a load out or two, and I hope Asylum is not going back towards people being fearful of losing a loadout or two because money making becomes that much of a pain in the ass.

This has always been a problem that Asylum devs/owner fail to understand. More money coming into the economy is ok because people will spend it on gear and fight more often. However, they seem to take the opposite approach and think people should be constantly grinding for money or having the APD now swoop in and take your hard work because you can't use quilin's anymore. 

Also, if the developers TRULY want a balance here, then force the APD to bring an equal capacity vehicle to seize drugs from rebels (e.g. box truck for box truck) otherwise cops rolling in with prowlers/sports hatch and seizing a hemmts worth of drugs makes zero fucking sense to me. Either that or add NLR for cops at drug fields. 

BTW I was a career cop on this server but even I can see this is a dumb change. Also, it's been awhile but have the current Captains removed combat seizing of items from vehicles/people yet? If not, that should be changed ASAP so that officers are required to wait a minimum of 1 minute with no active fire to seize people's stuff. @Clint Beastwood @Clockwerk

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Maaqs, jphman, Sikorsky and 1 other like this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

This has always been a problem that Asylum devs/owner fail to understand. More money coming into the economy is ok because people will spend it on gear and fight more often. However, they seem to take the opposite approach and think people should be constantly grinding for money or having the APD now swoop in and take your hard work because you can't use quilin's anymore. 

Also, if the developers TRULY want a balance here, then force the APD to bring an equal capacity vehicle to seize drugs from rebels (e.g. box truck for box truck) otherwise cops rolling in with prowlers/sports hatch and seizing a hemmts worth of drugs makes zero fucking sense to me. 

I always thought that was weird but when it comes down to it the only cops that have access to hemmts are undercover, so they would then have to reskin the hemmts for non-undercover cops. Unfortunately I know this is just another one of those changes that will not be reverted unless there is a fucking riot on the forums.

I dont see why the civs making some money is a bad thing? I mean I did smash n Grabs an ra drugs in a quilin and I still got caught because its fucking arma shit happens.  So why make it virtually a fucking pain in the ass to make a little money ffs.  I completely agree with @Steve on how people on Asylum are afraid of losing a loadout or two and if you make it harder for people to make money then less gang shit happens in general

Sikorsky likes this

What would you guys think of a mechanic like this to encourage big drug runs:

1. Remove LP'ing of the trunk for large vehicles (box truck and above) and force stolen vehicles to be driven to chop shop and the trunk unlocked by the NPC which takes 1-2 minutes. This would force organized groups to go on the prowl for vehicles to rob and gives those people running drugs a fighting chance. Right now the meta is pretty stupid, you roll in and LP something right away and drive it to your house and unload the drugs and/or blow up the vehicle between a couple shed doors. 

2. Force APD to drive an equal storage vehicle to a drug scene to seize the drugs and when drugs are seized, a server wide notification goes off along the lines of, "$XXX amt of drugs has been seized at <location> by the APD for transport". This would encourage civs from all over to head there and fight with the APD.

3. Remove combat seizing of items from vehicles/people by the APD. This is such a broken rule that should never have been put in from the start. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Sliick and jphman like this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

1. Remove LP'ing for large vehicles (box truck and above) and force stolen vehicles to be driven to chop shop and unlocked by the NPC which takes 1-2 minutes. This would force organized groups to go on the prowl for vehicles to rob and gives those people running drugs a fighting chance. Right now the meta is pretty stupid, you roll in and LP something right away and drive it to your house and unload the drugs and/or blow up the vehicle between a couple shed doors. 

2. Force APD to drive an equal storage vehicle to a drug scene to seize the drugs and when drugs are seized, a server wide notification goes off along the lines of, "$XXX amt of drugs has been seized at <location> by the APD for transport". This would encourage civs from all over to head there and fight with the APD.

3. Remove combat seizing of items from vehicles/people by the APD. This is such a broken rule that should never have been put in from the start. 

It would bring a cool new dynamic to the game. In all honesty I'd rather see the rebel talent tree first.

Vlad likes this
10 hours ago, Maaqs said:

I was ahead of my time with the go-kart scotch runs.

:frog:

I had 6mil and nothing better to do.

This is why i dont make money, might aswell make a box truck skin, or for box truck + saying PLEASE ROB ME, MAKING. MONEY IN SLOW VEHICLE. 

Best way to make money(if ur old enough) is to work irl, say with a side job (supermarket or some shit) , 3 hours of work is a million if you buy for 30 

Maaqs likes this
8 hours ago, wollie35 said:

This is why i dont make money, might aswell make a box truck skin, or for box truck + saying PLEASE ROB ME, MAKING. MONEY IN SLOW VEHICLE. 

Best way to make money(if ur old enough) is to work irl, say with a side job (supermarket or some shit) , 3 hours of work is a million if you buy for 30 

Very true. I was on the other end tho i sold alot lol. But back then it was 5per i dont think its worth it for me when its 3per. Tbh thats what kinda stopped me from playing anymore didnt make as much money anymore.

A "Quilin being a great asset with 8 gunners" I seem to recall it has no effective defense for those 8 gunners because it has 0 armour.

In KOTH you can spray a prowler/Quilin with a mk18 and they are all dead. 

:shrug:

You could actually configure the quilin to have about 300 space when there's only a drive are like 50 if it's full, Just a suggestion

Edited by Monkeee
On 8/2/2018 at 5:59 PM, Steve said:

I always thought that was weird but when it comes down to it the only cops that have access to hemmts are undercover, so they would then have to reskin the hemmts for non-undercover cops. Unfortunately I know this is just another one of those changes that will not be reverted unless there is a fucking riot on the forums.

Previously the drugs disappeared into thin air... If you revert it backs it is literally a buff to cops.

On 8/2/2018 at 6:59 PM, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

1. Remove LP'ing for large vehicles (box truck and above) and force stolen vehicles to be driven to chop shop and unlocked by the NPC which takes 1-2 minutes. This would force organized groups to go on the prowl for vehicles to rob and gives those people running drugs a fighting chance. Right now the meta is pretty stupid, you roll in and LP something right away and drive it to your house and unload the drugs and/or blow up the vehicle between a couple shed doors. 

Sure

No, every arrest does not need to be a server event.

Kill the cops and take your shit back. The entire change was put in place to insure your drugs and guns had somewhere to go and didnt poof into space.

Edited by HotWings
massi likes this
4 hours ago, HotWings said:

Sure

No, every arrest does not need to be a server event.

Kill the cops and take your shit back. The entire change was put in place to insure your drugs and guns had somewhere to go and didnt poof into space.

I’m suggesting the instant combat seizure rule be removed, not the mechanic. If anything the mechanic needs to be harder for APD by having them bring bigger transport vehicles to carry the drugs back. The seizure of drugs over xx amt would be a fun server wide event. The APD could say it’s a nerf for them but in exchange I’d just give them cheaper load outs as compensation. 

16 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I’m suggesting the instant combat seizure rule be removed, not the mechanic. If anything the mechanic needs to be harder for APD by having them bring bigger transport vehicles to carry the drugs back. The seizure of drugs over xx amt would be a fun server wide event. The APD could say it’s a nerf for them but in exchange I’d just give them cheaper load outs as compensation. 

So basically if someone runs drugs in a bigger vehicle its impossible to seize tho items? There is no way they will ever make hemmts, zammaks, or box trucks available to every officer.  It would not be a fun event at all...  Cops win a fire fight just to get fucked by some jackass camping the gates at HQ? No thanks.  The server already tells you drugs have been seized giving people an idea whats going on, if you want to rob them you need to use reason and deduction to find it. Shouldnt be gifted to you on a silver platter.  How do you get "cheaper" loadouts? They're free or like 2k.  There is really nothing wrong with the process as it is now.  Even if a cop takes your shit you get it back if you win the fight.  There does need to be some risk, all these suggestions basically remove all the risk from the civs.

On 8/2/2018 at 0:58 PM, Maaqs said:

Can't wait until civs are forced to either run money in large vehicles begging to get robbed / caught by the cops or such small runs in a slow-mobile Offroad or quad bike!

I know you might not have much say in it, but I'm just dumbfounded this was thought of, and then considered a "good" idea.

Lets just run drugs in a box truck so 6 cops can come and spray us out of it in a fucking prowler or possibly even a hemmit Now any car you run drugs in except the hatchsport (dont make alot of money) the cops can catch up to you and dick you. Then get full ticketed