I would highly recommend to review the training video that you guys uploaded on YouTube to help answer the exam. When the person who examined me claimed  "I helped to make the video and I guarantee that all the answers are there", there were clearly gaps in information.

There are multiple questions on the exam (that I will not list here) that are not mentioned in the video, hence making it practically impossible to pass it without insight from members who are already in the system. On top of that, it makes it very demotivating to actually go about and continue trying when you have 24 hours to wait until you next examination when you know that you took notes of everything that has been provided you and you still can't pass it.

If I am wrong please contact me to go over the answers of the exam with me. If I get the question right move on, if I get it wrong point out how or where I'm supposed to extract the answer from the 3 sources of information provided ("SOP, Detainment and Questioning", "Server Rules", and the YouTube video).

CarterM3 and BlackShot like this

Well, I am no expert, BUT I can tell you that there have been hundreds and hundreds of people who are or have been whitelisted officers. Every single one of them passed it. The answers are there. I would take time to thoroughly read through the documents and watch the video again a few times. If I remember correctly from a few years ago when I did mine, some of the questions are also common sense questions so even though the answers are not written word for word, you should be able to find the answers just fine. 

I also failed mine the first time, don't get so worked up about it, you will pass eventually. 

Edited by Biground
Fried Rice, Buck and Twinkie like this

To be 100% honest, I didn't really watch the video when I did my exam. I've just played enough to know the basics of what to do and such. I'm not saying that everything is all in there, but everything in the exam is common sense or stuff that you get to know once you've been playing on the servers for a little while. 

Just fix your mistakes, and you should be good for the next time. 

Edited by Twinkie
Just now, Biground said:

I also failed mine the first time, don't get so worked up about it, you will pass eventually. 

This, this right here. Live by it, it is fantastic advise.

I am also sure anyone Sergeant+ would be happy to go over the questions you struggle on as long as you remember them (and as long as they are free/have time)

Xavorey and Gregg like this
15 minutes ago, Exxcelllll said:

I would highly recommend to review the training video that you guys uploaded on YouTube to help answer the exam. When the person who examined me claimed  "I helped to make the video and I guarantee that all the answers are there", there were clearly gaps in information.

There are multiple questions on the exam (that I will not list here) that are not mentioned in the video, hence making it practically impossible to pass it without insight from members who are already in the system. On top of that, it makes it very demotivating to actually go about and continue trying when you have 24 hours to wait until you next examination when you know that you took notes of everything that has been provided you and you still can't pass it.

If I am wrong please contact me to go over the answers of the exam with me. If I get the question right move on, if I get it wrong point out how or where I'm supposed to extract the answer from the 3 sources of information provided ("SOP, Detainment and Questioning", "Server Rules", and the YouTube video).

Trust me my man they are all there. I personally didn't have an issue passing the interview or exam but there are a couple trick questions in there. You need to be vigilant and listen to every single word and think before you speak. Sometimes they may ask stuff about the server rules or civ side of things to make sure you aren't a brand new player who doesn't understand how to follow server rules let alone cop rules. Just make sure you study the documents and answer the exam questions as they appear in the video. A lot of people who pass read the questions and then watch the video and pause the video when they hear an answer.

13 minutes ago, Biground said:

Well, I am no expert, BUT I can tell you that there have been hundreds and hundreds of people who are or have been whitelisted officers. Every single one of them passed it. The answers are there. I would take time to thoroughly read through the documents and watch the video again a few times. If I remember correctly from a few years ago when I did mine, some of the questions are also common sense questions so even though the answers are not written word for word, you should be able to find the answers just fine. 

buddy reviewed all of those and literally made notes of it on a paper and had that in front of me!

15 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

To be 100% honest, I didn't really watch the video when I did my exam. I've just played enough to know the basics of what to do and such. I'm not saying that everything is all in there, but everything in the exam is common sense or stuff that you get to know once you've been playing on the servers for a little while. 

Just fix your mistakes, and you should be good for the next time. 

12 minutes ago, Jake said:

This, this right here. Live by it, it is fantastic advise.

I am also sure anyone Sergeant+ would be happy to go over the questions you struggle on as long as you remember them (and as long as they are free/have time)

2 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

I will agree with you to some point about the video and Exam. But I think you should just play the servers more to learn what's right and what's wrong then try for cop. I learned a lot by running around with people and asking questions then I tried for cop.

I completely agree with you that some of the information would come with experience by playing and being around, but as an examiner you cant tell me that all the answers are in the video when they are clearly not! You cant tell me that all the answers are in the video and the documents provided form me when they are clearly not.  

Exxcelllll, I would go into the teamspeak, and try and meet with a CPL or higher and see if they can help you out some more. You wont find answers here on the forums, and complaining wont get you far. Like I said, do not be discouraged, it comes with experience on  the server. That is one of the reasons why they have a playtime requirement before applying. 

Just now, Biground said:

Exxcelllll, I would go into the teamspeak, and try and meet with a CPL or higher and see if they can help you out some more. You wont find answers here on the forums, and complaining wont get you far. Like I said, do not be discouraged, it comes with experience on  the server. That is one of the reasons why they have a playtime requirement before applying. 

Not trying to be a dick or give people a hard time but here are the requirements to apply :

Before you submit an application, you must meet the following requirements:

• Able to use voice communication, and speak English
  • Must have at least 12 or more talents as a civilian, screenshot of talents will be required.
  • At least 17 years of age, those 16 years of age may apply until the end of June.
    • Grandfathered applicants 16 years and younger, points received are quadrupled
    • All applicants younger than 18 must declare a birthdate on their application or your application will be denied
    If applicant is 17 years old, points received are doubled
  • Currently not blacklisted from Asylum or from the APD
    • Underage applicants who lied on a previous application are still blacklisted
  • Applicants must be 17 years or older to gain the rank of Corporal or above
  • Application must be formatted in the current standard format as explained here.

Nothing indicates play time.
56 minutes ago, Exxcelllll said:

If I am wrong please contact me to go over the answers of the exam with me. If I get the question right move on, if I get it wrong point out how or where I'm supposed to extract the answer from the 3 sources of information provided ("SOP, Detainment and Questioning", "Server Rules",and the YouTube video).

If you do not know  the server rules, you shouldn't be in the APD

Innate and Russell* like this

I remember when I first had my interview - a long time ago. I complained about the same thing and got the same answer (that all of the answers were in the vid, when they weren't). Truth is that you have to have a certain level of experience. Good news is that you can ask anyone about the questions you missed, or simply those you were unsure about. They'll certainly help you. Feel free to message me if you want.

Mr. Linux likes this
38 minutes ago, Exxcelllll said:

Not trying to be a dick or give people a hard time but here are the requirements to apply :

• Must have at least 12 or more talents as a civilian, screenshot of talents will be required.
  • At least 17 years of age, those 16 years of age may apply until the end of June.
    • All applicants younger than 18 must declare a birthdate on their application or your application will be denied
  • Application must be formatted in the current standard format as explained here.

To make sure you have at least a certain amount of experience, there used to be a playtime requirement. Because of some changes that happened in the past, they now use the number of talents for the same purpose.

Just now, Exxcelllll said:

12 or more talent points gives us a rough estimate of how much experience/play time an individual has

Listen. If u don't like how the system works just don't be a cop. Alot of this is treated like your true fucking career getting into this shit. I studied harder for the ride along than I ever did any test in High School. 

EDIT ; I already know what post is going to come out of me saying this. Some higher up or admin going "Oh so that is why u are 0 iq and were blacklisted." Well i'm beating u to the punch so smd :lol:

Edited by Tom Kappa
3 hours ago, Biground said:

Theres a few things that arent actually in the video. But provided you get everything else right minus the 2 things that weren't in the video you are fine, But I also could be a fucking retard and didnt fully understand the questions due to how they were worded.

On 8/5/2018 at 9:24 PM, Exxcelllll said:

I think you just got some mental disorder lol  I PASSED My second attempt because my 1st time I spent the whole 30 mins rewatching the vid its just common sense and watching the vid 

On 8/6/2018 at 0:15 AM, Tom Kappa said:

Listen. If u don't like how the system works just don't be a cop. Alot of this is treated like your true fucking career getting into this shit. I studied harder for the ride along than I ever did any test in High School. 

EDIT ; I already know what post is going to come out of me saying this. Some higher up or admin going "Oh so that is why u are 0 iq and were blacklisted." Well i'm beating u to the punch so smd :lol:

I got Banned and blacklisted while doing my ridealong so lol 

.Casper and Batcan like this
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2018 at 9:24 PM, Exxcelllll said:

You are a fucking idiot if you can’t pass that test you must fail in school I didn’t watch video or view threads it’s common fucking sense