GTX 1080 for 429.99$

Gatorade

13 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Got an email about this and figured I would let you guys know as you always let me know about stuff:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6181-KR

- I don't know persay whats the best deal right now and when you should buy but maybe this is a good purchase. Ill leave that for someone else to figure out

imo if u wanna get a 1080 ur better off waiting for the 1100 series, they will become even cheaper i feel like 

Space and Twinkie like this
10 minutes ago, wollie35 said:

imo if u wanna get a 1080 ur better off waiting for the 1100 series, they will become even cheaper i feel like 

I'd wait for the 11 series as well (I'm hoping to pick up an 1160 when they drop in oct from a 1050ti). But, I don't think that they'll become that much cheaper, maybe dropping down to 400 in price, but who knows. The 1080 is still a beast of a card. 

Just now, Twinkie said:

I'd wait for the 11 series as well (I'm hoping to pick up an 1160 when they drop in oct from a 1050ti). But, I don't think that they'll become that much cheaper, maybe dropping down to 400 in price, but who knows. The 1080 is still a beast of a card. 

i have a 1070 and its already a beast. imo its a bit overkill still but oh well.

Space likes this
Just now, wollie35 said:

i have a 1070 and its already a beast. imo its a bit overkill still but oh well.

I mean for 1080p gaming, all you need for 60fps is a 1050(ti) and you'll get 144hz ez with a 1070. 

Edit: the 11 series will also have ray tracing so it's sorta going to be a nice feature than you can't get with the 10 series. 

Edited by Twinkie
25 minutes ago, Zoex said:

Its because the 11 series is dropping 26th of august.

ive heard 'rumours' like that since April though. The issue is how long do you wait and do you even get lucky enough to get your hands on one which will probably run you about 600$ for the 1170 version which is it dollar for dollar that much better then a 400$ 1080? Thats where my questions stand currently - as I do not know the answer to them

Twinkie and Zoex like this
3 minutes ago, Huan Lee said:

im on the spectrum, what is ray tracing?

New tech that will have high end cards have light beams render in real time. It will make it so stuff doesn't always have to be cinimatic type stuff. I forget all of it, but it'll be cool to see. 

Also, the new cards will have GDDR6 so higher speeds. (the 1180(ti) will have 16gbs of memory I think, although IDK.

1 hour ago, Huan Lee said:

no businesses around me hires 14 year olds

wait until you turn 15 and start applying to be a bagger for your local grocery stores, chains like walmart won't hire until you're 18 or 17 and out of school.

always could find a job that pays cash for somebody that needs work done around your town if you're a strong kid but beware of the weird rapey ones.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:25 PM, Sugarfoot said:

ive heard 'rumours' like that since April though. The issue is how long do you wait and do you even get lucky enough to get your hands on one which will probably run you about 600$ for the 1170 version which is it dollar for dollar that much better then a 400$ 1080? Thats where my questions stand currently - as I do not know the answer to them