Looking to buy an ACOG for my AR

Jake

As the title says I’m looking to buy a scope for my AR (Colt LE6940)... I have done my own digging and research, I prefer to keep it under $5,000...

Here is my top pick so far after the 3 or so months I’ve been looking (just in my free time not every day for hours on end)

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA648-D-100559

@Tyler has helped me with the process, more so in trying to try to point out all the cons in every ACOG I look at so I don’t get tunnel vision

I am open to feedback on anyone that has owned a Trijicon as I have never bought a Trijicon before, as well as I am open to other suggestion...

Pros to the scope are welcome, Cons are even more welcome as long as it provides constructive feedback for me

-Thanks in advance for your opinions and help :)

Tyler and Farmer Steve like this
16 minutes ago, Jake said:

As the title says I’m looking to buy a scope for my AR (Colt LE6940)... I have done my own digging and research, I prefer to keep it under $5,000...

Here is my top pick so far after the 3 or so months I’ve been looking (just in my free time not every day for hours on end)

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA648-D-100559

@Tyler has helped me with the process, more so in trying to try to point out all the cons in every ACOG I look at so I don’t get tunnel vision

I am open to feedback on anyone that has owned a Trijicon as I have never bought a Trijicon before, as well as I am open to other suggestion...

Pros to the scope are welcome, Cons are even more welcome as long as it provides constructive feedback for me

-Thanks in advance for your opinions and help :)

3800 for a scope? Thats more than double the gun price. Does it like guide your bullets and make you dinner too?

Sp0on, BlackShot, Twinkie and 7 others like this
1 minute ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

3800 for a scope? Thats more than double the gun price. Does it like guide your bullets and make you dinner too?

Unfortunately when it comes down to AR platforms good optics will almost always be more expensive than the gun. Look at the US Military for example they pay $650 for an M4 and then spend almost double on their optics if they use a Trijicon. Most scopes similar to Trijicons also don't use Fiber optics and Tritium to not only never need batteries but these scopes can withstand constant full auto fire every single day for YEARS. Good luck finding a cheaper scope that can tolerate the same punishment. Jake doesn't want some POS 200-300 optic that will last him a year before it breaks.

I have the same exact rifle, and put an EOTech 512 on it years ago.  Looking to upgrade to the EOTech 552 with night vision.  Its only a holo though, not a frickin 6x48 scope.  That thing is a beast, and I have only heard good things about their scopes.  I have friends that have Trijicon scopes, so Ill see if they have any info on that one.  Only cons I have heard about ACOG is the price and not being optimal for close range. 

Tyler and Jake like this
36 minutes ago, bC420 said:

I have the same exact rifle, and put an EOTech 512 on it years ago.  Looking to upgrade to the EOTech 552 with night vision.  Its only a holo though, not a frickin 6x48 scope.  That thing is a beast, and I have only heard good things about their scopes.  I have friends that have Trijicon scopes, so Ill see if they have any info on that one.  Only cons I have heard about ACOG is the price and not being optimal for close range. 

Yeah price is the only con I have heard, and this scope has an RMR attached if I wanted to use it for ranges that wouldn’t be ideal for the 6x48

Edited by Jake