Take a moment

25 minutes ago, wollie35 said:

Don't get me wrong I respect it alot, but why do u post this on a gaming forum.

I get you wanna share the experience and show people what's going on I just don't think this is the right place to do. 

Because this is a community that I've been a part of for a long time. I have known a lot of people on here longer then I have some people on Facebook + I know for a fact that there are more first responders in this community then I can count on two hands. Also this is a big community on it's own and I think people should know a little about whats going on in the world. It's why we have sections on our forums like videos and screenshots or off topic.

Edited by MatthewV
SethK, Russell*, IAmLegion and 8 others like this
1 hour ago, MatthewV said:

Because this is a community that I've been a part of for a long time. I have known a lot of people on here longer then I have some people on Facebook + I know for a fact that there are more first responders in this community then I can count on two hands. Also this is a big community on it's own and I think people should know a little about whats going on in the world. It's why we have sections on our forums like videos and screenshots or off topic.

fair enough on the you know people longer, i think if people want to know whats going on they need to watch the news, not the asylum forums, this would be the worst source of news. But oh well not gonna argue about this thread , do what you gotta do.

Just now, wollie35 said:

fair enough on the you know people longer, i think if people want to know whats going on they need to watch the news, not the asylum forums, this would be the worst source of news. But oh well not gonna argue about this thread , do what you gotta do.

Unfortunately enough Firefighter deaths aren't normally a priority for the news company's.

Distortion likes this
16 minutes ago, MatthewV said:

Unfortunately enough Firefighter deaths aren't normally a priority for the news company's.

You may get about 15 seconds of recognition for a job well done (if you are lucky) and this applies to Fire/EMS/Cops

Deaths you will get maybe 30-60 seconds

Anything negative such as any error by the Fire/EMS/Cops or a shooting where the cop injures or puts someone down (when justified) they will harp all day long and even the next day shit talking Fire/EMS/Cops...

Unfortunately the news likes to divide people backing the public servants and the rest of the civilian population... Personally, I think a lot of the “race hatred” is fueled by the news, they will write a story and get as much spice as they can just to make it trend... long story short, FUCK THE MEDIA

Kernikov, MatthewV and Distortion like this
Just now, Jake said:

You may get about 15 seconds of recognition for a job well done (if you are lucky) and this applies to Fire/EMS/Cops

Deaths you will get maybe 30-60 seconds

Anything negative such as any error by the Fire/EMS/Cops or a shooting where the cop injures or puts someone down (when justified) they will harp all day long and even the next day shit talking Fire/EMS/Cops...

Unfortunately the news likes to divide people backing the public servants and the rest of the civilian population... Personally, I think a lot of the “race hatred” is fueled by the news, they will write a story and get as much spice as they can just to make it trend... long story short, FUCK THE MEDIA

+1

Distortion likes this
13 hours ago, Mank said:

I have been firefighting since I was 14 as a junior, always watch where you toss anything hot during the fire season (spring/fall). Grass fires will grow pretty quick when the fire triangle is damn near perfect. Be safe out there.

Fire tetrahedron...