Felony or Parole Update

So I've had an idea that we create a new punishment that could be an alternative to parole or possibly merge the idea with parole to combat crime.

The point of parole or giving a ticket is to try and make sure the convicted criminal doesn't repeat their behavior and become a law abiding citizen, however with repeat offenders it's clear there's not much you can do as a police officer. The idea is police could give them a felony that'll stick with them for an hour like parole. Being a felon, the person would not be allowed to enter an illegal area or purchase a weapon. If they're seen with a weapon regardless of what they're doing with it, police would have probable cause to search them and take away their weapon/licenses + give them a charge.

Russell* likes this
1 hour ago, Steve said:

One thing Asylum doesn't need is less encouragement for people to do illegal things. Over the years their has been more and more "features" put in place that has taken away from the fun of rebel life for many people including myself sometimes. This would be another very bad addition.

Isn't the point of being a rebel to rebel? I don't think that would impact rebels at all, just regular civilians.

46 minutes ago, SethK said:

The issue is you cannot give parole to people who're evasive though. I should have clarified that, but didn't cross my mind at the moment.

Not true, but good try. You may give parole to ANYONE who has a bounty of 2,500 - 100,000 if they are aggressive or evasive doesn't matter. If they are 100K+ then thats when they have to be non-aggressive and non-evasive for an hour.

Innate, Kernikov and Masonn like this
2 hours ago, Paul Blart said:

How is a civilian who is a repeat offender different from a rebel? 

Definition of rebel

1a : opposing or taking arms against a government or ruler
b : of or relating to rebels 
  • therebel camp

There's a difference between breaking the law because you're mentally not sound I.E serial killer, or breaking the law because mutiny. I would consider a regular civilian under the first example and a rebel under the second.

6 hours ago, SethK said:

So I've had an idea that we create a new punishment that could be an alternative to parole or possibly merge the idea with parole to combat crime.

The point of parole or giving a ticket is to try and make sure the convicted criminal doesn't repeat their behavior and become a law abiding citizen, however with repeat offenders it's clear there's not much you can do as a police officer. The idea is police could give them a felony that'll stick with them for an hour like parole. Being a felon, the person would not be allowed to enter an illegal area or purchase a weapon. If they're seen with a weapon regardless of what they're doing with it, police would have probable cause to search them and take away their weapon/licenses + give them a charge.

Just Why?

6 hours ago, Tyler said:

Not true, but good try. You may give parole to ANYONE who has a bounty of 2,500 - 100,000 if they are aggressive or evasive doesn't matter. If they are 100K+ then thats when they have to be non-aggressive and non-evasive for an hour.

It’s like you used to be a Sergeant or something.... ;)

Tyler and massi like this
7 hours ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

Cops give parole because they want the full payout AND they know that person will most likely break parole, meaning more payout.  NOT because they want that person to reform.

Playing cop is strictly a money farm, not a way to make the island a "safer place"

Straight facts!!!!!

6 hours ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

Cops give parole because they want the full payout AND they know that person will most likely break parole, meaning more payout.  NOT because they want that person to reform.

Playing cop is strictly a money farm, not a way to make the island a "safer place"

I do it for the RP , what do you mean :kermit:

cHIP oTLE likes this
14 hours ago, Tyler said:

Ah damn, was wrong about that and completely forgot. I'm a retard lol.

8 hours ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

That may be true for you and a percentage of other cops, but there's also a percentage who just play for fun and get raging justice boners. I personally could care less about money,  I personally just run around with a p07 only on an occasion if I'm patrolling a town because aesthetics.

7 hours ago, Maaqs said:

You clearly have some ideas, but IMO they're not for Asylum. This is a light RP server, not A3L. I think you need to try another server for your hardcore RP needs; you won't find it here (consistently, at least).

The suggestions I create aren't to try and create a more hardcore RP experience; they're to fix common issues I hear about and see in game to try and make it a more enjoyable & thrilling experience for everybody. I'd probably just uninstall Arma than going out to find some hardcore RP community run by some inbred. Asylum is home.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 11:37 PM, SethK said:

Asylum is a NO RP SERVER go play a hard rp server fuck off 

9 hours ago, SledGangXd said:

Asylum is a NO RP SERVER go play a hard rp server fuck off 

I'm noticing you use the words "fuck off" a lot, so I can tell you're a bit of a spergy fellow, but Asylum is light RP. I don't know how you saying Asylum is a no RP server has anything to do whatsoever with the suggestion.

Nubis likes this