SCUM got released

DeepHouse

1 hour ago, Le Razoir said:

I played it for 2 hours. It is fun but really hard to survive. 

Keep in mind it is an early release and lots of features are missing or not yet on point, like the PVP...

It's easy af  to survive if you know what you are doing. I just eat the people i kill.

Le Razoir likes this

Honestly as it is right now i give the game like a 3/10. It can be fun when... other players aren't lagging all over the place making combat impossible, Mechs aren't one-tapping you across a field, You actually find enough food to gorge your character and not have to eat for a while (takes around 20,000 calories of food), and when you aren't getting spawn killed and losing fame.

EDIT: they made a patch that REALLY boosted server performance and actually had a really fun time with it solid 7/10 right now with more development and content it could easily be a 9/10 or 10/10.

Edited by Tyler
Mayhem likes this

I've put ~10hours into the game (my character has now lived 24hrs in-game) and here's what I have to say:

• Netcode is dogshit. You think Asylum is bad, wait until characters update every 2-3 seconds. This also means PvP is awful atm.
  • Server DC has been an issue. It was pretty bad at first (server going down / restarting every 20-30mins) but my last ~6-7hours of gameplay were  damn near flawless.
  • Graphics are A+++ even on low.
  • The 3PP "plus" is incredible. You can 3rd person AI / animals, but you need to expose your character to see other players around corners / walls / trees.
  • Movement feels really fluid. A couple interactions don't have animations, but running / turning / vaulting don't feel too clunky.
  • Zombies (Puppets they're called in-game) don't phase through walls, don't hit you from 7km away like DayZ at one point. You can lock them in buildings and they'll stay.
  • Smaller military zones throughout if you want to play that way is really nice as opposed to one/two big places.
  • The in-depth look at vitamins % / minerals % / your weight, your stamina recovery / hp recovery / even the number of teeth you have, etc. is really neat. Some of the things they share with you ultimately don't really matter, but it's cool to look at. See below pic for example.

A4DEE5184A3D9AE4A818FC0B78227E6AD06DC649

• The cities feel unique, not just copy/paste clones.
  • The whole STR / CON / DEX / INT values are pretty neat; they allow you to specialize in different things right off the bat.

Starting out is always the hard part for any survival game, but I've been playing it cautious and hunting animals for my food, hopping into towns / militarized zones only when necessary, and I've been loving the game since the start.

Edited by Maaqs
1 hour ago, Maaqs said:

I've put ~10hours into the game (my character has now lived 24hrs in-game) and here's what I have to say:

• Netcode is dogshit. You think Asylum is bad, wait until characters update every 2-3 seconds. This also means PvP is awful atm.
  • Server DC has been an issue. It was pretty bad at first (server going down / restarting every 20-30mins) but my last ~6-7hours of gameplay were  damn near flawless.
  • Graphics are A+++ even on low.
  • The 3PP "plus" is incredible. You can 3rd person AI / animals, but you need to expose your character to see other players around corners / walls / trees.
  • Movement feels really fluid. A couple interactions don't have animations, but running / turning / vaulting don't feel too clunky.
  • Zombies (Puppets they're called in-game) don't phase through walls, don't hit you from 7km away like DayZ at one point. You can lock them in buildings and they'll stay.
  • Smaller military zones throughout if you want to play that way is really nice as opposed to one/two big places.
  • The in-depth look at vitamins % / minerals % / your weight, your stamina recovery / hp recovery / even the number of teeth you have, etc. is really neat. Some of the things they share with you ultimately don't really matter, but it's cool to look at. See below pic for example.

A4DEE5184A3D9AE4A818FC0B78227E6AD06DC649

• The cities feel unique, not just copy/paste clones.
  • The whole STR / CON / DEX / INT values are pretty neat; they allow you to specialize in different things right off the bat.

Starting out is always the hard part for any survival game, but I've been playing it cautious and hunting animals for my food, hopping into towns / militarized zones only when necessary, and I've been loving the game since the start.

As to be expected the servers for any game is always overlooked I doubt they will be shit for long or they can end up like EFT's and be shit for almost a year 

2 minutes ago, Brendon Smith said:

As to be expected the servers for any game is always overlooked I doubt they will be shit for long or they can end up like EFT's and be shit for almost a year 

I know right before the game released on Steam, the devs bought and added more servers. They've released 2 or even 3 patches in the last 2 days to help with some bugs / exploits / latency. Give the game a few weeks / a month, for the initial hype to die down, and we'll see if the dev team plans to truly push for improvements or the patch notes are as thin as ice. Given the in-depth YT videos describing all kinds of stuff in the game, I'm willing to bet my $20 they'll continue to improve and optimize the servers.

But I do agree, game will die if servers stay worse-than-PUBG but could be a heavy hitter if we get improvements.

homer-crosses-fingers.jpg

Edited by Maaqs

The game is promising. right now a lot of bugs/lag which make the game unplayable at times. Could put people off, but remember its early access, things will only get better. The devs have already put out a load of patches. They 're also listening to the players and making changes accordingly. If you like survival games, similar to dayz/tarkov I think you will enjoy it. Its a bit easier going than dayz but its still a pretty hardcore survival game. So far im enjoying it. I spent my first few hours roaming/looting and attempting to hunt a wild boar! I have also taken a  load of shits and puked up some zombie guts I decided to eat.

Edited by Tony.
ChicoXL, Fried Rice, Maaqs and 1 other like this