Change log 8.2.0

bamf

7 hours ago, bamf said:

But how many times do you cap a cartel and people don’t come?  Pretty often right?  At a gas station robbery basically anyone on the server might drop by - including pistol bangers, cops, etc. 

You also get wanted at a gas station robbery - which brings in bounty hunter and APD play. 

I dont see why cops need to be involved in every aspect of this tree when we should be promoting gang vs gang interactions. Cop population seems to stay the same while civ pop is dropping so lets give people a reason to join a gang and fight. Making a tree that levels mainly on meth sold and banks completed will not help gang life. If a decent amount of imfamy was gained from war kills and cartel/turf captures people might actually find them selves participating in gang activitys to level the tree. 

Could also give a small amount of imfamy to every online member of the current gang holding each cartel. If you own all 4 you could rake in a sizable amount just by defending your caps. 

Patato, FudgeR, Goofi and 13 others like this
3 hours ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

I dont see why cops need to be involved in every aspect of this tree when we should be promoting gang vs gang interactions. Cop population seems to stay the same while civ pop is dropping so lets give people a reason to join a gang and fight. Making a tree that levels mainly on meth sold and banks completed will not help gang life. If a decent amount of imfamy was gained from war kills and cartel/turf captures people might actually find them selves participating in gang activitys to level the tree. 

Could also give a small amount of imfamy to every online member of the current gang holding each cartel. If you own all 4 you could rake in a sizable amount just by defending your caps. 

I agree with your standpoint of cops being included in every part but giving infamy for every member online whilst having a cartel.  I could invite all kavala civs to a gang and have them take all the cartels with spars and 7/10 times no one is gonna come

6 minutes ago, CrispySliick said:

I agree with your standpoint of cops being included in every part but giving infamy for every member online whilst having a cartel.  I could invite all kavala civs to a gang and have them take all the cartels with spars and 7/10 times no one is gonna come

Almost like that would be called a gang and they would cap cartels and defend them and other gangs could also log a bunch of people on to fight them. Also who cares if every time you cap a group of 10 doesn't push you. I do banks all the time where cops show up one time or dont show up at all. If other people are unwilling to fight for the cap then less infamy for them I guess.

edit: Everyone also seems to forget it takes time to gear and then another 20 minutes to cap the cartel so I dont see why people think cartels are free money and infamy. Time spent running meth would give you more of both.

Edited by TryHardSqueaker
Poiil, Sikorsky, Dally and 4 others like this

This isn't a rebel tree this is a Civ tree. I simply cannot see why you guys are giving us such terrible percentages and advantages... For the outlaw make it 100% medical and have a medic rebel who can blood bag, splint, and defib 75% faster and the final point is no cooldown timer for defibs. Intimidator is actually really good I think that making money is a huge part of rebel life (thank you Mitch and Poseidon). Finally remove the Assassin branch, its fine to add a few talents here and there but that shouldn't be a huge part of rebel life. Switch it out with maybe a chance to buy new vehicles, new guns, etc.

I know its a lot too ask I just wish that we could switch it around a little be and I truly appreciate what the staff here at asylum has done for our community.

TLDR; Outlaw should be full medic, Intimidator is a good branch, Assassin should not be a major thing.

Edited by Jamal
massi, Fried Rice, Innate and 1 other like this
Just now, TryHardSqueaker said:

People have crafted orcas to chop for as long as Ive been on the servers why is this against the rules now?

I should be more clear. There is no rule.. if someone chops 100 atvs to do nothing more than grind their tree, I inheritly see a problem with that. If someone goes to the trouble to craft a orca to chop it, I could care less. 

Patato and TRYHARD like this
5 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Do not do it, considered an exploit. 

What about selling your own vehicles for money? People do that quite often when theyre broke etc and now that the infamy is in it sounds like its gonna become a problem. I just seen that you said if you craft and chop, its not a problem but just curious as to what the outcome might be if you sell a few chicles you own just to get some cash like a ifirit, orca etc.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
46 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

What about selling your own vehicles for money? People do that quite often when theyre broke etc and now that the infamy is in it sounds like its gonna become a problem. I just seen that you said if you craft and chop, its not a problem but just curious as to what the outcome might be if you sell a few chicles you own just to get some cash like a ifirit, orca etc.

If you chopped a few random things, I don't see an issue. But if you chopped 20 hatches that you owned, different story. I think its important to point out here. It's intended to grind this by playing the game. We dont wish to see people exploit the system to gain the rewards. We would ideally like to see it bring some purpose back to the gameplay. As many have stated, there was absolutely nothing to work towards. Let's not ruin this. 

Patato and Scott like this
Just now, Scott said:

War kills should give infamy. Just because it’s a rebel tree and not a gang tree doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t give infamy, it’s not like it would be the only source of it. Cop kills should also give a small amount (5?). 

War kills is something I'm going to speak with bamf about. Cop kills will never produce infamy. 

.Casper, Patato, Scott and 1 other like this
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

Cops kills are way to easy lol

if you got 10 infamy for killing a cop I don't think it would impact it all that much. That means if you kill 20 cops = 200 infamy. To put things into perspective, the first trait for any of the trees is 500 infamy. Furthermore nothing really says "rebel" more then slaughtering cops.

Edited by Steve
Sikorsky, massi, HotWings and 8 others like this