Change log 8.2.0

bamf

12 hours ago, Scott said:

War kills should give infamy. Just because it’s a rebel tree and not a gang tree doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t give infamy, it’s not like it would be the only source of it. Cop kills should also give a small amount (5?). 

The reason this isn't a thing is because people kill trade.  They do it for war ranking, and they would continue to do it for infamy.

Scott and ItsLego like this
6 hours ago, smellypig said:

an admin ingame said it was ok to buy and sell pcp to gain infamy,  but mitch says here you cant chop 100 atvs . we need consistency 

5 hours ago, DeepHouse said:

There is no exploit in selling ATV's. If you are allowed to sell and resell PCP. Same idea fix your engine.

Ok. I'll have it fixed. damn engine. We will make it so that you can no longer chop your own cars if we need to. 

ItsLego, DJB and Patato like this
4 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Ok. I'll have it fixed. damn engine. We will make it so that you can no longer chop your own cars if we need to. 

what about getting the infamy from banks along with prisons and feds. Only driller gets Infamy, and you get none for prison or fed, you should use the same system as the cartels give 5 infamy every minute your there so if we can hold off the cops at prison and fed for a really long time we can get the money and some infamy.

Sliick likes this
19 minutes ago, Jamal said:

what about getting the infamy from banks along with prisons and feds. Only driller gets Infamy, and you get none for prison or fed, you should use the same system as the cartels give 5 infamy every minute your there so if we can hold off the cops at prison and fed for a really long time we can get the money and some infamy.

The Bank is going to be patched to give infamy to those that participate - but only if it succeeds.  

The Fed is giving infamy - sell gold bars and get infamy...

Innate and DJB like this
14 hours ago, Scott said:

Cop kills should also give a small amount (5?). 

I'd say only around a certain radius at the fed/prison/bank (1.5k radius at bank, 600m from prison and 700m around fed?) only when they're active. Would be illogical for a kavala pistol banger to just kill a bunch of cops from his house and farm a bunch of infamy that way

Scott, HotWings and Masonn like this
2 hours ago, bamf said:

The reason this isn't a thing is because people kill trade.  They do it for war ranking, and they would continue to do it for infamy.

Then make it so when you get a war kill or whatever that you gain X infamy when you get killed by an enemy gang at war with you, you also lose X infamy. If it's the same amount there won't be any reason to do that.

Edited by Steve
spelling correction.
JAY1HP and massi like this

Prison should be X amount of infamy until the prison is successful or if it fails you lose it.

Fed should be per gold bar.

Bank obviously whoever is involved gets X amount of infamy.

Cartel capping is 5 which is okay for now i guess.

War kills should give some sort of infamy and have a cool down afterwards for the war point and infamy so its not farmed.

I think the chop shop should only give infamy to specific cars like not the normal civ vehicles like hatches, offroads, suvs etc only qulins, prowlers, trucks etc helis.

Drugs are the best way right now which i think is good because more people will run them and it'll up interactions overall between cops and civs.

Drug runner should give some sort of infamy based on how much you make between the different runs.

@bamf

TRYHARD, Innate and JAY1HP like this
20 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Prison should be X amount of infamy until the prison is successful or if it fails you lose it.

Fed should be per gold bar.

Bank obviously whoever is involved gets X amount of infamy.

Cartel capping is 5 which is okay for now i guess.

War kills should give some sort of infamy and have a cool down afterwards for the war point and infamy so its not farmed.

I think the chop shop should only give infamy to specific cars like not the normal civ vehicles like hatches, offroads, suvs etc only qulins, prowlers, trucks etc helis.

Drugs are the best way right now which i think is good because more people will run them and it'll up interactions overall between cops and civs.

Drug runner should give some sort of infamy based on how much you make between the different runs.

@bamf

10 per war kill. Anyone found "kill trading" should receive an exploiting ban and an infamy wipe.

Twinkie, Mason, JAY1HP and 1 other like this
18 hours ago, Steve said:

if you got 10 infamy for killing a cop I don't think it would impact it all that much. That means if you kill 20 cops = 200 infamy. To put things into perspective, the first trait for any of the trees is 500 infamy. Furthermore nothing really says "rebel" more then slaughtering cops.

Fair enough. 

DJB likes this
On 9/9/2018 at 11:32 PM, CrispySliick said:

And a way to spend war points.  Maybe using war points to set bounties so its worth? idk just spitballing

Atleast its something war points can contribute to...Make it cheaper if you have x% amount per title you have during the season,(Maybe) incorporate war kills also? My guess would be to complicated to be worth it,but throwing it out there.Could influence people to fight wars.

Sliick likes this
1 hour ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Why?  I think it is fine personally.  If you steal a car and chop it you steal a car and chop it.  I think its an infamous act and deserves infamy.

Edited by Wop

corporals who are medics can blood bag like 50 percent faster defib 50 percent faster and has no timer. Rebel tree has 25 percent blood bags and oh look you can also buy defibs at rebel! that's totally helpful! @bamf @Mitch (IFRIT) Make infamy more easily accessible, buff the percentages, get rid of assassin (its already not being used) and add more content. This "rebel tree" is ridiculously underpowered it feels like the concept was thrown together in a day and then produced in a week its honestly sad. I have not seen anyone using it as their main gameplay instead its just some sub-plot of the sub-plot. 

Edited by Jamal
bigjohn561, TylerB, massi and 6 others like this
5 hours ago, Jamal said:

corporals who are medics can blood bag like 50 percent faster defib 50 percent faster and has no timer. Rebel tree has 25 percent blood bags and oh look you can also buy defibs at rebel! that's totally helpful! @bamf @Mitch (IFRIT) Make infamy more easily accessible, buff the percentages, get rid of assassin (its already not being used) and add more content. This "rebel tree" is ridiculously underpowered it feels like the concept was thrown together in a day and then produced in a week its honestly sad. I have not seen anyone using it as their main gameplay instead its just some sub-plot of the sub-plot. 

Well to be fair everyone bashes the developers constantly. Everyone is crying about never getting updates and constantly making these useless threads about the server dying or how Olympus is better etc. If you think it is so much better then go play Olympus. Poseidon probably had every good intention to give the community something they wanted and did his best to get it out quickly. Everyone keeps yelling on the forums HURRY UP, ETA?, been months since updates. Which is true, but when you guys rush someone to give an update it will not be as good as it can be. So here's the thing, if you whine and whine about not getting updates, the next one will be rushed to try and satisfy you. Then when it is not perfect or good enough, you whine and whine about that. They cycle will repeat itself. Recently(the past few months) it looks like everyone is against the developers of Asylum. That's like wanting the driver to crash the school bus we are all in. We all want to see the servers succeed. This is a volunteer job that they do to provide what we have now. In my opinion, if you do not want to learn how to code and develop a life server, than you have no right to start bashing the job that the developers do. Constructive criticism is fine but don't talk about how someone else develops the server if you wont do it yourself.  I don't normally comment on these but this one irritated me. Have a good day. :D

7 hours ago, Biground said:

Well to be fair everyone bashes the developers constantly. Everyone is crying about never getting updates and constantly making these useless threads about the server dying or how Olympus is better etc. If you think it is so much better then go play Olympus. Poseidon probably had every good intention to give the community something they wanted and did his best to get it out quickly. Everyone keeps yelling on the forums HURRY UP, ETA?, been months since updates. Which is true, but when you guys rush someone to give an update it will not be as good as it can be. So here's the thing, if you whine and whine about not getting updates, the next one will be rushed to try and satisfy you. Then when it is not perfect or good enough, you whine and whine about that. They cycle will repeat itself. Recently(the past few months) it looks like everyone is against the developers of Asylum. That's like wanting the driver to crash the school bus we are all in. We all want to see the servers succeed. This is a volunteer job that they do to provide what we have now. In my opinion, if you do not want to learn how to code and develop a life server, than you have no right to start bashing the job that the developers do. Constructive criticism is fine but don't talk about how someone else develops the server if you wont do it yourself.  I don't normally comment on these but this one irritated me. Have a good day. :D

I am not whining and they had plenty of time to make the rebel tree but slacked on it its been over a year that people have been promising us rebel talent trees, that is plenty of time to come up with concept of what they are gonna do at least. They may be volunteers sure but after the community donated over 1 grand to them they have to hold themselves accountable and produce something worth while. Also they had 3 weeks to be able to work on the rebel tree but it still ended up a steamy hot pile of shit. This isn't a rebel tree this is a civ tree with "Rebel" aspects and you know it. 

And btw I have tried to say productive things but knowing asylums track record nothing will really come of that now will it.

On 9/10/2018 at 2:43 PM, Jamal said:

This isn't a rebel tree this is a Civ tree. I simply cannot see why you guys are giving us such terrible percentages and advantages... For the outlaw make it 100% medical and have a medic rebel who can blood bag, splint, and defib 75% faster and the final point is no cooldown timer for defibs. Intimidator is actually really good I think that making money is a huge part of rebel life (thank you Mitch and Poseidon). Finally remove the Assassin branch, its fine to add a few talents here and there but that shouldn't be a huge part of rebel life. Switch it out with maybe a chance to buy new vehicles, new guns, etc.

I know its a lot too ask I just wish that we could switch it around a little be and I truly appreciate what the staff here at asylum has done for our community.

TLDR; Outlaw should be full medic, Intimidator is a good branch, Assassin should not be a major thing.

DeepHouse likes this
16 hours ago, Jamal said:

corporals who are medics can blood bag like 50 percent faster defib 50 percent faster and has no timer. Rebel tree has 25 percent blood bags and oh look you can also buy defibs at rebel! that's totally helpful

The difference here with the medical speeds is that 3 cops can have that at a time whereas everyone in your gang/group/whatever can have an increase with the new tree.

As for people saying this was thrown together in a week - it wasn't.  The rebel tree has been written up for a long time, we had just been dealing with performance issues etc and had not gotten it implemented until now.  I think the community really confuses civ vs. rebel vs. gang.  The reason this feels like a "civ" tree to you is that rebels are "bad" civilians and gangs are something different.  Gang life is more end game, whereas being a rebel is something people do all the time.  

Just now, bamf said:

The difference here with the medical speeds is that 3 cops can have that at a time whereas everyone in your gang/group/whatever can have an increase with the new tree.

In order to finish one branch of the rebel tree it is going to take 614.5 hours at a cartel not including the drives over there I highly doubt there will be many people who have it. Either massively buff the tree, or slightly buff it and make it easier to gain infamy.

Just now, Jamal said:

In order to finish one branch of the rebel tree it is going to take 614.5 hours at a cartel not including the drives over there I highly doubt there will be many people who have it. Either massively buff the tree, or slightly buff it and make it easier to gain infamy.

I think you probably typed that up before I edited the post above.  You're gaining somewhat passive infamy for doing gang things.  Being in a gang is not the only thing that rebels do.  

ItsLego and DJB like this
Just now, bamf said:

I think you probably typed that up before I edited the post above.  You're gaining somewhat passive infamy for doing gang things.  Being in a gang is not the only thing that rebels do.  

No one joins gangs anymore. Why should they when you give them no reason to. They can run coke and level the tree faster than someone doing banks and fighting cartels.

JAY1HP, DeepHouse, Sikorsky and 1 other like this
6 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

No one joins gangs anymore. Why should they when you give them no reason to. They can run coke and level the tree faster than someone doing banks and fighting cartels.

Isn't it a good thing that people are running drugs though?

Edit:  The things that rebels and gangs have always asked for: 

Easier to make money, things cost less - the patch has ways to make that happen

New content - Check

Buffs to medical etc for rebels - Check

This patch wasn't a rewrite of the cartel system.  The cartel system is really the only truly "gang" thing in the game.  I was giving things to rebels in general, not just to that one piece of game play.  

Just now, Reapered said:

yall are crazy

The reason you all are crying is because you buy money and don't run drugs.

Now you can't just hand over some irl money for infamy and all of you go crazy now that you actually have to grind and risk something on the server.

it's kind of true but at the same time a lot of us grinded for months to make money and now we're tired of it. Grinding the same money making methods for 3 years gets kinda boring ya know?

JAY1HP likes this
17 minutes ago, Reapered said:

all of you go crazy now that you actually have to grind and risk something on the server.

I would run scotch with spotify blasting music, browsing the forums or just watching netflix. Never robbed/caught even once and the cops never showed at distillery. Its just time consuming and I already have enough money to last until the servers shut down so why bother making more.

Ghouh and Scott like this
16 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

I would run scotch with spotify blasting music, browsing the forums or just watching netflix. Never robbed/caught even once and the cops never showed at distillery. Its just time consuming and I already have enough money to last until the servers shut down so why bother making more.

1 hour ago, Azeh said:

the biggest risk is server lag m8

We can all sit here and cry about rebel tree but the fact remains that Asylum couldv'e gone years without releasing any new content. All that was needed was a fix on the servers crashing or mass kicks. Unfortunately it seems like nobody really has a clue on how to fix it :/

Sucks but there's not much anybody can really do unless somebody wants to build a whole new mission file which i doubt anyone wants to do...

Azeh and massi like this
5 minutes ago, Reapered said:

We can all sit here and cry about rebel tree but the fact remains that Asylum couldv'e gone years without releasing any new content. All that was needed was a fix on the servers crashing or mass kicks. Unfortunately it seems like nobody really has a clue on how to fix it :/

Sucks but there's not much anybody can really do unless somebody wants to build a whole new mission file which i doubt anyone wants to do...

It's cause it's a Bohemia problem btw.

Gagss, .Casper, Azeh and 2 others like this
On 9/11/2018 at 5:25 PM, Russell* said:

Selling drugs in bulk does not give max infamy, sell it in singles.

I just tested this on dev, and this is not true.  I sold 100x coke and got 100 x selling a single coke would give me.  It's rounded all the way out to 3 digits...

On 9/11/2018 at 5:40 PM, Biground said:

I sold 25 gold bars last night after a fed. Not a single infamy point feelsbad :( @bamf

I'm fixing this right now.  Hopefully it will be pushed momentarily.

Mason, Kev 23, Twinkie and 1 other like this

Some people say infamy is "Hard to get," when I spent so long getting Master Crusader. You legit only get about 225 honor for a 50k bounty, when you run a hemmit of meth and get 1k infamy. Also Rebels can do a lot more than just run drugs for infamy, when Bounty hunters only get honor from bountys. You could get the hole tree super fast.