Change log 8.2.0

bamf

15 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

That’s about how much cop prowlers cost and I see them all the time.

I don't think people take the time to chop small cop vehicles most of the time because they wanna kill the cops and bail before another wave comes in. However when fighting other gangs you got time to do whatever you want so you could blow them up or you could chop them. Also consider that as a civ your loadout costs at least twice as much. Imagine if you lost 25k+ your loadout like 2-4 times in a day. The average player wont have the money to keep up with that in my opinion.

Edited by Steve
3 hours ago, Steve said:

I don't think people take the time to chop small cop vehicles most of the time because they wanna kill the cops and bail before another wave comes in. However when fighting other gangs you got time to do whatever you want so you could blow them up or you could chop them. Also consider that as a civ your loadout costs at least twice as much. Imagine if you lost 25k+ your loadout like 2-4 times in a day. The average player wont have the money to keep up with that in my opinion.

I can't even keep up with feeding myself in-game. 

Masonn and Twinkie like this
2 hours ago, Jamal said:

When Asylum is fully dead you should just go crazy with it and do a bunch of fun stuff don't just tell us theres 30 days till the server shuts down. Put in tanks remove babs have a giant cartel fight give everyone rpgs. Go buck wild boys

Asylums already going down, why do you think we still have community donor perk.

On 9/12/2018 at 2:10 PM, bamf said:

Isn't it a good thing that people are running drugs though?

Edit:  The things that rebels and gangs have always asked for: 

Easier to make money, things cost less - the patch has ways to make that happen

New content - Check

Buffs to medical etc for rebels - Check

This patch wasn't a rewrite of the cartel system.  The cartel system is really the only truly "gang" thing in the game.  I was giving things to rebels in general, not just to that one piece of game play.  

ASYLUM = 0 GANGS

:thinking:

On 9/12/2018 at 2:19 PM, Reapered said:

yall are crazy

The reason you all are crying is because you buy money and don't run drugs.

Now you can't just hand over some irl money for infamy and all of you go crazy now that you actually have to grind and risk something on the server.

On 9/12/2018 at 2:23 PM, Jamal said:

it's kind of true but at the same time a lot of us grinded for months to make money and now we're tired of it. Grinding the same money making methods for 3 years gets kinda boring ya know?

why do you think people buy money, everyone been "grinding" forever Reapeared..hell alot of us dont even play anymore, the majority of the population has always been gangs, ..gangs have been secluded and nerfed and not updated hardly ever people are so dedicated to Asylum and have put up with the server crashing, lag, no updates this community has been so loyal, waited, we've all donated something at one point, community goals still being donated towards..& then devs, admins, people come on here "IdK wHy U guYs aaRe ComMplAininG?!?!?!?!"..i've always thought it's a bit unfair that the servers ideas, changes, updates are put in place and mandated by people who don't even play and haven't played in ages, they should hoenstly just make things more laid back and give people what they want, i mean honestly what could it hurt, but then it wouldn't even matter, the server performance has been on the downside since june 2016, i've posted several times what to do ... run the servers with a small default altis life mission file, along with blank default altis life SQL tables, make everything free (obviously still asylum rules in place & cops whitelist in place, admins, etc)tell everyone to come on and cause havoc to stress test it...if the servers still lag therre lies an issue with the hosting, IF NOT..there is some issues with the mission file & database, arma 3 is dying more and more everyday, not sure why bamf and gnashes think this oldschool hard core, "RP" "Grind": is going to work, literally everything rebel/gang wise has been changed where cops have it easier..Banks changed/moved..Jail changed, moved, reworked, changed, moved, community had to go on strike and bitch and complain for months for it to be changed..it seems the only way changes are made is if the community bitches for 6 months...hencea gain "IdK wHy U guYs aaRe ComMplAininG?!?!?!?!"

ive still came on here to read & see what has been changed because this server has always had a place, i have met alot of great friends and made alot of memories on here i've typed up alot of stuff and not said it , but i just had to say this, this is not me bitching, this is not me complaining, this is me stating my two sense on everything , i still wish this server the best of luck..i had overpoch /epoch servers in arma 2, i was the same way, didn't want to make things fun/easy/ didn't listen, made things only my way...one community i made died...tried it again, listening to everyone, working with the community..made it fun, simple, you give it a little it goes a long way...long story short i made around $9,000 in donations and had a great run, 2 100 slot servers full for months, arma 2 streamers playing on my servers...hell you guys might as well start clean...WIPE the ban list. mock up a new mission file..pay Poseidon to do his thing & whoever. and actually give some slack, you are going to have to make some change guys, you have very little people left. everyone else is fed up, banned, quit caring because server not making any changes & got banned cause they didn't care...quit, or left to go to olympus...and saying "IDC GO TO OLYMPUS THEN!! IF ITS SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!" is definitely not what you should be saying , not directed at anyone specifically but i've read it..anyway i am tired of typing and probably ONCE AGAIN wasting my time even bothering..hello to all my old friends & hope everyone is good..

tagging some people i agree with and know they feel the same way i do

@Haych @Tom @Azeh @Steve

also tagging some staff (even though it probably wont matter)

@Reapered @Mitch (IFRIT) @bamf

Edited by JAY1HP
Azeh, Steve, Space and 12 others like this
23 minutes ago, JAY1HP said:

why do you think people buy money, everyone been "grinding" forever Reapeared..hell alot of us dont even play anymore, the majority of the population has always been gangs, ..gangs have been secluded and nerfed and not updated hardly ever people are so dedicated to Asylum and have put up with the server crashing, lag, no updates this community has been so loyal, waited, we've all donated something at one point, community goals still being donated towards..& then devs, admins, people come on here "IdK wHy U guYs aaRe ComMplAininG?!?!?!?!"..i've always thought it's a bit unfair that the servers ideas, changes, updates are put in place and mandated by people who don't even play and haven't played in ages, they should hoenstly just make things more laid back and give people what they want, i mean honestly what could it hurt, but then it wouldn't even matter, the server performance has been on the downside since june 2016, i've posted several times what to do ... run the servers with a small default altis life mission file, along with blank default altis life SQL tables, make everything free (obviously still asylum rules in place & cops whitelist in place, admins, etc)tell everyone to come on and cause havoc to stress test it...if the servers still lag therre lies an issue with the hosting, IF NOT..there is some issues with the mission file & database, arma 3 is dying more and more everyday, not sure why bamf and gnashes think this oldschool hard core, "RP" "Grind": is going to work, literally everything rebel/gang wise has been changed where cops have it easier..Banks changed/moved..Jail changed, moved, reworked, changed, moved, community had to go on strike and bitch and complain for months for it to be changed..it seems the only way changes are made is if the community bitches for 6 months...hencea gain "IdK wHy U guYs aaRe ComMplAininG?!?!?!?!"

ive still came on here to read & see what has been changed because this server has always had a place, i have met alot of great friends and made alot of memories on here i've typed up alot of stuff and not said it , but i just had to say this, this is not me bitching, this is not me complaining, this is me stating my two sense on everything , i still wish this server the best of luck..i had overpoch /epoch servers in arma 2, i was the same way, didn't want to make things fun/easy/ didn't listen, made things only my way...one community i made died...tried it again, listening to everyone, working with the community..made it fun, simple, you give it a little it goes a long way...long story short i made around $9,000 in donations and had a great run, 2 100 slot servers full for months, arma 2 streamers playing on my servers...hell you guys might as well start clean...WIPE the ban list. mock up a new mission file..pay Poseidon to do his thing & whoever. and actually give some slack, you are going to have to make some change guys, you have very little people left. everyone else is fed up, banned, quit caring because server not making any changes & got banned cause they didn't care...quit, or left to go to olympus...and saying "IDC GO TO OLYMPUS THEN!! IF ITS SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!" is definitely not what you should be saying , not directed at anyone specifically but i've read it..anyway i am tired of typing and probably ONCE AGAIN wasting my time even bothering..hello to all my old friends & hope everyone is good..

@Haych @Tom @Azeh @Steve

This man just typed the realist shit I have ever seen. If this isn't taken into consideration its over.

DeepHouse, TylerB, JAY1HP and 1 other like this
30 minutes ago, JAY1HP said:

@Haych @Tom @Azeh @Steve

Wiping the ban list entirely will not be good. There are way too many skids that would be script killing everyone, but I'll assume you were talking about the few people that have been banned for either 3rd parties or the occasional perm that was truly unjust. I think if you unbanned Tiger, Jwilly, Aidzo, etc you would only be helping so much. Most of those guys don't have interest in Arma anymore. A lot of good things have happened to Asylum in the last few months, the only thing that I wish was different is that it all happened at the very latest this time last year. However if you unbanned those people who have been wrongfully banned (I'm not necessarily talking about 3rd parties we all know there are people who are permed and should not be, they are just far and few in between.

Above all else the one way I will compare Asylum to Olympus is when we are talking about server performance. If Poseidon or just someone (who fucking cares at this point who it is) fixes the last bit of script inefficiencies within the mission Asylum has a much better chance. I like the Rebel Talent Tree, I think it's a great addition to Asylum but again, this should have happened last year. Aside from additional Development work, what Asylum could use is a honest and unbiased as possible admin/Dev/whatever to decide who is cheating in game and who is not. People have been 3rd partied in the past and frankly I don't think they were cheating I don't expect them to get unbanned, however to prevent future issues someone who TRULY understands the combat in Arma and the way the game works should be appointed to this position. I'm not saying he should have a fascist-like rule over the decision but there are a handful of admins that are frankly bad (I'm not saying I'm a legend) and they have the power to ban people without definitive evidence.

JAY1HP, Donald and Masonn like this

It hurts my brain to think about server changes that the community wants and the devs are unwilling to even try them out. 

Everyone wanted the rotor script removed and now that its gone I have not seen a single complaint. 

Gangs wanted cartel auto deposit back and so far only a few lone wolf players have spoke up. 

Everyone wanted the taru usable without advanced flight and so far I have not seen a single complaint.

Those are some good examples of the community wanting a simple change and the devs relenting for so long over nothing.

The community has been vocal in the past about wanting group cap/money cap removed. As well as ifrit/orca cost reduction or the reintroduction of insurance. 

A prison redesign/back to pre 6.0

New cartel locations for oil/wongs.

None of that is hard to do and would mean a lot to the community

Donald, Squirtle, Sikorsky and 2 others like this