We will never forget. Where were YOU?

Jake

image0.jpg

On September 11, 2001 a total of 2,996 people lost their lives during the events on 9/11 A majority of these were civilians. 343 were Firefighters. 71 were law enforcement officers.

Today marks the 17 year anniversary of this event. It hits home for anyone that is called “red” or “blue”. On the fire engine I am assigned to on my fire department we have a “343 we will never forget” sticker on the back of the engine. My crew and myself will not forget and I hope none of you Americans do either.

This is merely a post to remember this event. I also want to hear, where were YOU at when this happened/when you found out?

Note: Any negative posts and/or derailment will be subject to removal from this thread.

Akeelagi, Nubis, Mason and 33 others like this
3 hours ago, Jake said:

image0.jpg

On September 11, 2001 a total of 2,996 people lost their lives during the events on 9/11 A majority of these were civilians. 343 were Firefighters. 71 were law enforcement officers.

Today marks the 17 year anniversary of this event. It hits home for anyone that is called “red” or “blue”. On the fire engine I am assigned to on my fire department we have a “343 we will never forget” sticker on the back of the engine. My crew and myself will not forget and I hope none of you Americans do either.

This is merely a post to remember this event. I also want to hear, where were YOU at when this happened/when you found out?

Note: Any negative posts and/or derailment will be subject to removal from this thread.

I'll never forget watching the new station when it happened live. I can't remember the network. But every morning I would watch the news before I headed off to school. Mind you there were only a few channels at this time. When I sat there, I could not believe what I had just watched as they had the live shot of the trade centers on the screen getting ready to head to a commercial break or some sort, I'll never forget the screams from the live video. The newscasters had no idea what to do. It was like the whole world froze that day. 

Ghouh, Sp0on, Patato and 5 others like this

I was four years old at the time and in preschool. My mom picked my brother and myself from school because my dad's department in Springfield, New Jersey was deployed to Staten Island to man the fire stations because the firefighters there were called to the towers. He was gone for three days and my mom was a total wreck, that's what I remember the most... #NeverForget

Was at a party all night the night before, came home around 3am, dead asleep and my roomate comes in and starts saying "We're under attack".  

Horrible way to wake up - horror on the news and severely hungover.  Felt like that hang over lasted for a week just because of how sorrowful everything was.  Just horrible...

Also- half of my friends were deployed within a few weeks.  Still remember saying goodbye to them not knowing if it will be the last time I would see them.  Thankfully they all came home.  I know a lot of other people weren't so lucky.

BlackShot, Emma, Buck and 5 others like this

I will never forget the 8 hours we spent trying to get ahold of my uncle who worked down the street from the towers. He was on the biggest business call in the company's history when the first plane hit. He hung up on the guy saying a plane just hit the World Trade Center. The guy was pissed thinking my uncle was full of shit and called the deal off until he saw the news. Will never forget the fear of not knowing if he was ok or not.

Edited by bbgreg17

I was still pretty young back then but i remember my mom came and got me out of daycare early for no reason. Later i found out that since she worked at a Navy base they were on total lock-down and everyone was scrambling to try and avert any other possible threats and was only able to get me several hours after the last plane crashed. Such a crazy day to go from being a kid worried about what movie was playing at nap time to having to try and understand that people stole planes and crashed them into buildings because they hated our country.

Edited by Tyler
Emma, Innate and Jake like this
2 hours ago, bbgreg17 said:

I will never forget the 8 hours we spent trying to get ahold of my uncle who worked down the street from the towers. He was on the biggest business call in the companies history when the first plane hit. He hung up on the guy saying a plane just hit the World Trade Center. The guy was pissed thinking my uncle was full of shit and called the deal off until he saw the news. Will never forget the fear of not knowing if he was ok or not.

But did he end up closing the deal?

Tyler, BlackShot and Huan Lee like this

i was 15. was just waking up for school when the 1st tower was hit. my father told me that we were under attack after telling me tower 1 was hit. i thought maybe it was an accident. went back upstairs to finish getting ready and as i came downstairs i just looked up to the see tower 2 hit. my heart sank. i couldnt understand nor fathom why this was happening to us. i mean. to them. all of those poor people. i felt sick. i remember i skipped breakfast on my way out. got on the bus. it was a really uncomfortable bus ride. everyone was quiet. once we got to school there were 4 of the campus cops there waiting for us. we all went to the gym where we had an assembly where they were reassuring us that we are ok and that we have people to talk to. i couldnt help but think of how fucking stupid it was of the staff to put us all in one spot. like someone could hurt us all in one go. nothing happened though.

Lucky, Jake, Buck and 1 other like this

I was in the fourth grade at the time. Stuck at home at the time, when I was recovering from an injury that required a shit ton of stitches. The main thing I could remember that day, was my mom and grandma screaming down the stairs when the second plane hit. Managed to drag my fucked up foot down the stairs to see what happening, and I purely thought it was an accident happening or some shit. Soon after, I asked if I could watch cartoons, and that was that.

Edited by KrazyKnight
Twinkie, Jake, Emma and 1 other like this
42 minutes ago, KrazyKnight said:

I was in the fourth grade at the time. Stuck at home at the time, when I was recovering from an injury that required a shit ton of stitches. The main thing I could remember that day, was my mom and grandma screaming down the stairs when the second plane hit. Managed to drag my fucked up foot down the stairs to see what happening, and I purely thought it was an accident happening or some shit. Soon after, I asked if I could watch cartoons, and that was that.

Sees aftermath of close to 3000 people dying.

"can I watch Cartoons" 

9 hours ago, Tyler said:

I was still pretty young back then but i remember my mom came and got me out of daycare early for no reason. Later i found out that since she worked at a Navy base they were on total lock-down and everyone was scrambling to try and avert any other possible threats and was only able to get me several hours after the last plane crashed. Such a crazy day to go from being a kid worried about what movie was playing at nap time to having to try and understand that people stole planes and crashed them into buildings because they hated our country.

My dad used to play that song back 13 years ago I heard it and i instantly knew the lyrics 

Tyler likes this
10 hours ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

20 year olds and at my first duty station in Vilseck, Germany (2/2 Inf 1st ID).Three years later, I deployed and got some revenge. #neverforget #godblessthefallen. 

I also met @Gaskal during my time in the sandbox.;) 

Did you actually meet Gaskal? I live close to a few asylum players but I don't know if I'd meet up with them. 

Emma likes this
On 9/11/2018 at 9:48 AM, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Pretty eerie video.

idk if anyone watched this. yesterday was the first time i did and honestly i was fucking blown away. the amount of chaos this man showed the world while putting his life at risk.

people want to say that the media exploits other but this isn't one of those cases. he was there wanting to show everyone what is actually happening.

22 hours ago, Sp0on said:

idk if anyone watched this. yesterday was the first time i did and honestly i was fucking blown away. the amount of chaos this man showed the world while putting his life at risk.

people want to say that the media exploits other but this isn't one of those cases. he was there wanting to show everyone what is actually happening.

when you copyright strike a national tragedy