Music Critism

Nubis

Too much build up and not enough banger but there is definitely potential.  Seems like an early on creation.  Maybe with time and practice I see a banger one day.  Sounds like a good type of music though, should keep it up and do more sounding like it.  Kinda like a club / city 80s feel.

Edited by Wop
Nubis likes this

The bass and drums should be less of a focus in the song imo. The melody needs to be a bit more prominent while still allowing the bass and drums to do their thing but right now the drums and bass kinda hog the spotlight most of the song. Also there needs to be a bit more of a distinction with the song, such as you have a intro, chorus, bridge, etc. The song kinda has an intro and then a chorus and then quickly ends i understand a bit of repetition in this kind of music will happen but usually some sort of transition phases are used to help cut that repetition down and really flesh out the song from a concept to a piece of music.Tell him to check out a bit more Chillstep style songs and listen to the chord progressions and the different transitions might help out a lot especially if he doesn't have any formal music education. @DarkKnight is really good with music but i dunno if he's into this kind of music though.

Edited by Tyler
Nubis likes this