Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to asylum and though i've popped in and out for a few days over the past few years I've just now come back once again with an intention to stay for quite a bit. Some may see this as a complaint, and will suggest I suck it up. Maybe what I experienced is the core element of roleplay you guys expect on altis life, but it's not something I enjoyed, and I've decided to bring it forward here. A few minutes prior to me typing this, I was told to get off my atv in kavala by several armed players, and complied. They shot out my tire, I begged to be on my way, and then they said to leave. I told them I would need to repair my vehicle first and as soon as I began attempting to do so I was downed. I'm not sure if you guys allow knocking people out with no warning, but that's not really the issue. My issue was then being restrained, dragged to what I believe was a player owned building, and just left there for what's already been about 10 minutes. No roleplay, no ransom, no threats of harm if I don't comply to some orders, just sitting in the corner of a house and being unable to do anything. I understand there are times where you should have to wait in altis life, such as serving your time in prison for crimes but the requirement that people just sit in a corner and do nothing for minutes on end isn't fun for anyone, and I think there should be something preventing it.

bigjohn561 likes this

I suggest using a recording software when playing for instances like this. As you can be kidnapped for up to 10 minutes. Then you are allowed the log (might be wrong, every admin has their own opinion, like if the kidnappers are role playing with you) , after 10 minutes of zip ties, normally they automatically release you unless you are retied a few times(that’s when the 10 minutes comes in handy) , after that time, you can log out with proof of 10 minutes, or suicide. 

It happens in the game. Best you can do is just comply. Next time they say leave and you need your vehicle. Just walk away, that way if they shoot you. It’s RDM since you complied completely.

Kavala is a place where that tends to happen a lot. Go other places like athira and pyrgos for generally less people/bad peoples. Not everyone is like that, asylum still has good people who will role-play with you. If you ever wanna have a role-play encounter, just have a bounty and turn yourself into the cops. Most officers role-play, some however do not, but if they don't then just ask for a higher up.

If you need help getting started with anything or if you have any questions you can pm me. Same goes to anyone that needs anything. You will always encounter your trolls, and just tell people your new. I've seen some nice people who give new people stuff and help them out.

38 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Next time they say leave and you need your vehicle. Just walk away, that way if they shoot you. It’s RDM since you complied completely.

Just like Mayhem said, if you comply and they shoot you then its RDM. You can report RDM if you have 5 minutes prior to them shooting you, and they shoot you after you've complied or if they shoot without saying anything. Initiation lasts 5 minutes as well (ex. telling someone put their hands up or die).

Sail likes this

yeah RDM happens a lot. 

eventually you just get sick of the same group of retards RDM'ing anything that moves and do it to them. they throw a giant fit, say you're going to get banned, and get even more triggered.

fight fire with fire imo 

should clarify, i would only do it if they kept on RDM'ing for no reason. act like a bitch get treated like a bitch. 

Edited by tongobongo
10 hours ago, MynameisDilloningame said:

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to asylum and though i've popped in and out for a few days over the past few years I've just now come back once again with an intention to stay for quite a bit. Some may see this as a complaint, and will suggest I suck it up. Maybe what I experienced is the core element of roleplay you guys expect on altis life, but it's not something I enjoyed, and I've decided to bring it forward here. A few minutes prior to me typing this, I was told to get off my atv in kavala by several armed players, and complied. They shot out my tire, I begged to be on my way, and then they said to leave. I told them I would need to repair my vehicle first and as soon as I began attempting to do so I was downed. I'm not sure if you guys allow knocking people out with no warning, but that's not really the issue. My issue was then being restrained, dragged to what I believe was a player owned building, and just left there for what's already been about 10 minutes. No roleplay, no ransom, no threats of harm if I don't comply to some orders, just sitting in the corner of a house and being unable to do anything. I understand there are times where you should have to wait in altis life, such as serving your time in prison for crimes but the requirement that people just sit in a corner and do nothing for minutes on end isn't fun for anyone, and I think there should be something preventing it.

honestly for new people its VERY rough and that's why we don't get people staying on these servers like they used too.

But, I'll be totally down to at least show u around to where at least u have a idea about asylum and then you join us on the forums and complain about the admins and such..... you down?

3 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

honestly for new people its VERY rough and that's why we don't get people staying on these servers like they used too.

But, I'll be totally down to at least show u around to where at least u have a idea about asylum and then you join us on the forums and complain about the admins and such..... you down?

Hey there, I've been playing quite a bit today and have rarely tabbed out let alone checked the forums haha, so sorry for my terribly late response but that would be great! I kinda blew our chance for today but I should be on intermittently throughout the weekend, and if you see me or I see you we should definitely text each other and meet up

18 hours ago, MynameisDilloningame said:

Hey there, I've been playing quite a bit today and have rarely tabbed out let alone checked the forums haha, so sorry for my terribly late response but that would be great! I kinda blew our chance for today but I should be on intermittently throughout the weekend, and if you see me or I see you we should definitely text each other and meet up

What server u play on?

On 9/21/2018 at 0:02 PM, WolfLeader said:

Kavala is a place where that tends to happen a lot. Go other places like athira and pyrgos for generally less people/bad peoples. Not everyone is like that, asylum still has good people who will role-play with you. If you ever wanna have a role-play encounter, just have a bounty and turn yourself into the cops. Most officers role-play, some however do not, but if they don't then just ask for a higher up.

If you need help getting started with anything or if you have any questions you can pm me. Same goes to anyone that needs anything. You will always encounter your trolls, and just tell people your new. I've seen some nice people who give new people stuff and help them out.

Just like Mayhem said, if you comply and they shoot you then its RDM. You can report RDM if you have 5 minutes prior to them shooting you, and they shoot you after you've complied or if they shoot without saying anything. Initiation lasts 5 minutes as well (ex. telling someone put their hands up or die).

LMAO

THis kids a wuss i saw this happen thats hilarious they told u to leave yet u stay there thats not ''complying''