How the developers can SAVE ASYLUM!

7156a15b0ade6acf3437d0be78101138.png

We can all agree asylum has had a rough couple of months with its population declining. Meanwhile Olympus has been growing and has 3 full 110 slot servers.

I think the reason for this is not because of the lack of updates or content, I think it's because players are not banned there so easily. If you look at the Olympus player base, nearly 1/3 of its population are ex-asylum players most of whom are banned. I think if you want to bring back asylum and have it flourish again you need to lift many RDM, VDM, CL and Exploiting bans, and also take another look at some third party bans.

Some other suggestions

1. Making killing cops, getting kills within a certain radius of cartels, and war kills give you infamy. Also increase the amount of infamy you get from capping cartels. Currently to get the first perk in a rebel tree, you have to cap 15 cartels. I don't think infamy should take this long to acquire.

2. Add a war point shop. Many players have hundreds, even thousands of war points and nothing to use them on. I believe adding a war point shop would increase the population and fights.

3. Add insurance back. Olympus has it, and there people actually pull expensive vehicles. I rarely see people use ifrits/orcas and other expensive vehicles at cartels on Asylum.

These are some things I think would increase the server population and help gang life.

Edited by Nagidal

The likelihood of insurance being added back in is slim, and even if they did add it back in it I imagine it would be the old insurance system asylum had which really was not all that cool. To pull an insured Orca it would cost 20k (200k back when it was in the game/pre 6.0) pulling a hemmt box as insured would cost like 8k. So it would be cool but not that cool. If the vehicle gets chopped or seized you still lose it. When specifically talking about orcas the price of them should be no higher at any point in time for any reason above 45k. They are paper and over the course of time Bohemia has made them worse and worse. It seems like the devs still think they are flying tanks when that's just not the case at all anymore. They are no where near combat viable like they once were. At one point if you shot the pilot out of a moving orca it was like winning the lottery. As cool as a war point shop would be, I doubt we will ever see it. Bamf wants people to make money primarily through running drugs, and he doesn't want you to be able to financially support yourself/purchase load outs with war points by fighting other gangs. I'm not saying I agree with him but I think the reasoning goes something like this.

Bamf wants people to be on an even playing field. Running drugs doesn't necessarily take skill but instead more or less patience and time. However getting war kills or kills at cartels does often times take skill. In other words, if this system was implemented people could be "rich" with war points and effectively not have to run drugs. This would leave the less skilled people in the dust and the better players would be on top in more ways then one.

11 hours ago, Lucky said:

The thing you dont know about Olympus is they dont hunt down the hackers that have pulldowns and all that shit thats why the fuck bois that get banned from here go there so they can use there weak ass hacks.

They do ban people for Hacks over there and sometimes they take our bans and use them (happened to Gravity), but like you said so many of the most obvious cheaters/scumbags are over there.

Edited by Tyler
Lucky likes this
1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Im just saying ive heard people say they use pull downs over there and no one gets banned.

Yeah Conor McGregor is one of the most obvious cheaters over there (banned from Asylum for pulldowns) and still plays over there still running his mouth about how good he is when he cheats to win.

Lucky likes this
3 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Yeah Conor McGregor is one of the most obvious cheaters over there (banned from Asylum for pulldowns) and still plays over there still running his mouth about how good he is when he cheats to win.

I've literally never understood hackers on Arma, like I almost get the blatant give everyone a million and mass kill the server people. But the ones with aimbot and pull downs that shit talk in side chat all day I just don't understand, do they need the ego boost that badly?

DeepHouse and Tyler like this
1 minute ago, DreamC said:

I've literally never understood hackers on Arma, like I almost get the blatant give everyone a million and mass kill the server people. But the ones with aimbot and pull downs that shit talk in side chat all day I just don't understand, do they need the ego boost that badly?

Bro talk to the kids on this game they really do need the ego boost

DreamC and Tyler like this
  • 2 weeks later...

The devs should add some creative more systems and not bizarre choices like how everyone is only wearing the bullet sponge opfor fatigues+blufor carrier rig kit, many will be playing. Suicide vests cause way too much, in real life, suicide vests are suppose to be cheap for its destructive capabilities but the tradeoff is you die when you blow up. A big problem i see with rebels is the stat creep of some of the clothes like the csat fatigues having armor.

Have rare arms dealers like norinco arm dealer who sells the independent bullet vests & helmets (which are chinese in real life), car-95 gun series. Or how bout some more types of drugs to produce with interesting and profitable runs.

On 10/5/2018 at 10:24 AM, shizochong said:

The devs should add some creative more systems and not bizarre choices like how everyone is only wearing the bullet sponge opfor fatigues+blufor carrier rig kit, many will be playing. Suicide vests cause way too much, in real life, suicide vests are suppose to be cheap for its destructive capabilities but the tradeoff is you die when you blow up. A big problem i see with rebels is the stat creep of some of the clothes like the csat fatigues having armor.

Have rare arms dealers like norinco arm dealer who sells the independent bullet vests & helmets (which are chinese in real life), car-95 gun series. Or how bout some more types of drugs to produce with interesting and profitable runs.

new content < server stability 

People who seriously expect something from asylum is really funny People had super great expectations of the * REBEL TREE * everyone told yes gang life is definitely coming back and more. Where are those gangs who had hoped for something like Rebel Three?

Who uses Assassin talents. Some advantage of the Rebel Tree are the people who like to make money like me (25% payout) (10% gather). The disappointing thing about this whole concept is that they did not listen to the players base. Because in my eyes when they put the concept of Assassin on the table, nobody would want it. Asyslum received multiple blows because the Rebel Tree was not what people had hoped for. And that Strife is also what everyone wants.

And why do not the staff members try new concepts. Just think it's a shame for the people who like to come up with ideas when its going thrown in tho the air anyways. 

Edited by DeepHouse
xd