Wear goggles

Boby

Whoever is working in the construction industry please ALWAYS wear goggles. Yesterday they saved my eye. I was cutting a hole in a ventilation duct, which I have done more than 100 time, but this time the isolation inside the duck burning because of the grinder spark created an accumulation of gas which made a huge explosion directly in my face which was 1 foot away from the hole I was cutting.( this isn't supposed to happen since the isolation is fireproof, what created the gas is a different glue the used to stick the isolation into the duct) . I was burned in all the face to the 1st and 2nd degree, I lost all hair in my face, My beard saved a part of my face because it burns instead of my skin. without those safety goggle I would of loss my eye. You only have 2 eyes please protect them. right now the only thing helping me is a high dose of morphine.  

massi, Nino Brown, Nubis and 27 others like this
6 hours ago, Boby said:

Whoever is working in the construction industry please ALWAYS wear goggles. Yesterday they saved my eye.

For my fellow blind people, perscription safety glasses are worth it.

The shields that go over your existing glasses are bull and don't protect anything.

I've had to get shrapnel removed from my eye. Not fun.

Spoiler

3ab4226c26427c3bad8f863e74915142.png