Gang life ideas  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Remove group cap/Money cap

• Remove only group cap
    • Remove only money cap
    • Remove them both
    • Keep them both
  2. 2. Should infamy be gained from war kills

3. 3. Add a 4th Rebel location. Somewhere near arms/drug cartel to help prevent rebel camping.

4. 4. Revert prison to pre 6.0

5. 5. Remove rotating meth lab (Keep it at Pyrgos location only)

Here is some content that would require little dev work and I think would be beneficial to the community. @Gen. Henry Arnold hopefully you can speak with the devs and get these changes made if the community decides they are good ideas. 

Lets keep this comment section clean of any personal attacks or drama. 

Edited by TryHardSqueaker

I figured I would put my reasoning for each of these. Anyone is welcome to adress each idea with their own concerns. 

1.) Removing group cap will help bring newer players into good gangs. 

I personally have 5mil in prestige. Its just useless money that I grinded for and cant spend. Removing prestige would fill most peoples bank accounts. It would give them a reason to play if they are currently broke.

2.) Doing this would increase the amount of gangs warred with each other. 100 infamy per kill would be fair.

3.) Ive started playing asylum a bit more and Kavala rebel seems to be camped the majority of the restart during peak times. If gangs cant gear they cant fight so lets add another rebel location either at the old East arms or maybe the compound south of lakka.

4.) Never got to fight a prison at this location but from videos and what people have said this was the best prison location and design Asylum has had.

5.) Gang meth runs are what making money should be in the bigger gangs. But when some people have houses at different meth lab locations it makes doing gang runs difficult. 

Bag Of Funyuns, Ghouh and Walt like this
Just now, Azeh said:

Had the prison discussion multiple times before

Bamf - 07/22/2018
the side that was breaking the prison loved it
the cops (by and large) did not
regardless of what the nostalgic people on the forums say
i was in channels with cops who hated going there just to be sport shot
day after day after day

Could just keep the second bridge. But honestly cop population is so high now that I think they could manage.

1 hour ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

I figured I would put my reasoning for each of these. Anyone is welcome to adress each idea with their own concerns. 

1.) Removing group cap will help bring newer players into good gangs. 

I personally have 5mil in prestige. Its just useless money that I grinded for and cant spend. Removing prestige would fill most peoples bank accounts. It would give them a reason to play if they are currently broke.

2.) Doing this would increase the amount of gangs warred with each other. 100 infamy per kill would be fair.

3.) Ive started playing asylum a bit more and Kavala rebel seems to be camped the majority of the restart during peak times. If gangs cant gear they cant fight so lets add another rebel location either at the old East arms or maybe the compound south of lakka.

4.) Never got to fight a prison at this location but from videos and what people have said this was the best prison location and design Asylum has had.

5.) Gang meth runs are what making money should be in the bigger gangs. But when some people have houses at different meth lab locations it makes doing gang runs difficult. 

1. Removing group cap just stacks the gangs even more, do you want 20/30 person gangs taking half the server pop. (New player sees 30 people in the same gang online, what chance do they have)

2. Money cap/ prestige is an end game kinda reward for people who put the effort in, whats the point removing it now?  Just stock up meth in a crate to avoid running low on cash, its effectively the same thing. 

3. Cant argue war kills should = Infamy 

4. OG Prison was great but heavily civ sided. 

1 hour ago, Azeh said:

cops who hated going there just to be sport shot

5. New rebel location is pointless, its not suppose to be a safe/ easy place to get gear, 3 still gives a fair balance if another is camped. 

Bag Of Funyuns likes this
13 minutes ago, Thomas said:

1. Removing group cap just stacks the gangs even more, do you want 20/30 person gangs taking half the server pop. (New player sees 30 people in the same gang online, what chance do they have)

2. Money cap/ prestige is an end game kinda reward for people who put the effort in, whats the point removing it now?  Just stock up meth in a crate to avoid running low on cash, its effectively the same thing. 

5. New rebel location is pointless, its not suppose to be a safe/ easy place to get gear, 3 still gives a fair balance if another is camped. 

people cant even get a 10 man gang. its near impossible to get a 30 man gang 

The only thing I really don't wanna see is a rebel at say east arms like it is on olympus. Gangs coming back in like 2 minutes is actually aids. Many of times you don't have enough time to get all the revives off. For starters get a Pygros rebel gang house they are not hard to find. If you can't do that spawn where ever and drive to another rebel. That's how it's been done for years and was never a problem until people suddenly grew impatient for a gang not to push with in 5 or 10 minutes at the most.

19 minutes ago, Steve said:

The only thing I really don't wanna see is a rebel at say east arms like it is on olympus. Gangs coming back in like 2 minutes is actually aids. Many of times you don't have enough time to get all the revives off. For starters get a Pygros rebel gang house they are not hard to find. If you can't do that spawn where ever and drive to another rebel. That's how it's been done for years and was never a problem until people suddenly grew impatient for a gang not to push with in 5 or 10 minutes at the most.

To counter your point. Waiting 40 minutes for a gang to push because 2 kids are camping the tower at donor rebel ruins the fights.

Bag Of Funyuns, Vlad and Twinkie like this
4 hours ago, Steve said:

Gangs take long enough as it is re pushing I think having a free fire zone rebel could keep players from getting bored and logging off if the fights are continuous

TRYHARD and Vlad like this
11 hours ago, Thomas said:

The money cap and prestige system is counterproductive due to the fact that it basically removes whatever desire players had to make money once they hit it. Without a money cap I can guarantee the community as a whole would be more keen to blow money on load outs which would create more activity in the server. It’s a waste that 75% of my prestige can never be used when it could be spent having fun on the server and creating activity for civs as well as cops. The rewards from prestige are pretty weak and if the devs have no plan on removing money cap they should atleast consider buffing the achievement rewards.

Innate, Azeh and TRYHARD like this
1 hour ago, cbakes said:

The money cap and prestige system is counterproductive due to the fact that it basically removes whatever desire players had to make money once they hit it. Without a money cap I can guarantee the community as a whole would be more keen to blow money on load outs which would create more activity in the server. It’s a waste that 75% of my prestige can never be used when it could be spent having fun on the server and creating activity for civs as well as cops. The rewards from prestige are pretty weak and if the devs have no plan on removing money cap they should atleast consider buffing the achievement rewards.

1m bank cap with no prestige.  When can you realistically expect to have a problem "blowing money on loadouts" with that amount.   Running low on cash, sell some meth or something you can stock pile in a house for a top up.   Money cap does nothing for preventing people spending money and having a good time.

As someone with 11.9m prestige myself, so what if you feel it was a waste of money you could have spent on other things, you could have stored it as weapons, vehicles, houses, meth to retain the value and not earned the prestige. 

Agreed the rewards are not that great anymore, aside from the unlimited bank cap and could do with a upgrade or change to make them more attractive.

14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

1m bank cap with no prestige.  When can you realistically expect to have a problem

I blew 200k yesterday on a few fights

i don’t even want to imagine how much money I’m gonna spend tomorrow with the Friday night fights

i honestly don’t understand why any one would think the money cap was a good idea

Edited by EthanS
TRYHARD likes this

bad ideas imo.

4th rebel? every time i go there noones there. and if there is . i just go to another and 9 times outta 10 its open.

meth lab stay? these all seem to be in favor of you! make it easier for you to make meth. it switches up to prevent what you hate at rebel. camping and continuous meth runs!

removing money cap.. dumb idea. gives one less thing to work towards! if u hit the 1.5m achieve. you get a bigger cap. hit the 2m achievement , you get a higher cap. and so on and so forth! its like a level system of its own which adds another aspect to the end game.. id be upset if i saw the money cap gone.. been working on mine for time!

war kills, yeah shoudl get infamy idk why u dont.. kinda dumb.

and revert prison to 6.0 before? why? they need to fix the jurry duty first! once again added another majopr aspect to the game! someone would get arrested with 100k bounty and have a chance of getting out early! plus it brought the community together while judging him!

just my opinions!

42 minutes ago, terry said:

removing money cap.. dumb idea. gives one less thing to work towards! if u hit the 1.5m achieve. you get a bigger cap. hit the 2m achievement , you get a higher cap. and so on and so forth! its like a level system of its own which adds another aspect to the end game.. id be upset if i saw the money cap gone.. been working on mine for time!

This is such a dumb system and i dont understand how you could possibly enjoy grinding for virtual money

9 minutes ago, Azeh said:

your opinions have no value

58 minutes ago, terry said:

bad ideas imo.

4th rebel? every time i go there noones there. and if there is . i just go to another and 9 times outta 10 its open.

meth lab stay? these all seem to be in favor of you! make it easier for you to make meth. it switches up to prevent what you hate at rebel. camping and continuous meth runs!

and revert prison to 6.0 before? why? they need to fix the jurry duty first! once again added another majopr aspect to the game! someone would get arrested with 100k bounty and have a chance of getting out early! plus it brought the community together while judging him!

just my opinions!

Im aware of how the “leveling system” as you called it works. I currently have 5 million useless dollars I can’t spend and a title I no longer use. 

EthanS and Innate like this
4 hours ago, terry said:

bad ideas imo.

just my opinions!

As far as I know, Asylum is the only server that has a money cap. It has been rejected by the vast majority of the community since it was implemented. Furthermore, as soon as it came out Asylum lost literally dozens of players that were veterans to the game and very active at the time. The developers have little to no respect for people who are actually experienced enough to have an opinion. Coming from someone who actually has eminent (the 10 mil prestige thing) I think a money cap of any kind at all is asinine. The only reason I got it is because I was tired of having one.

Fried Rice, TRYHARD and Innate like this