Gang Life Ideas v.2

Gang Life Ideas v.2  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Nerf qilins/prowlers by making them illegal and tripling the base price.

2. 2. Move Spirit distillery closer to a main town so cops will check it.

3. 3. Remove how the Bank/Fed payout is decided upon how close the server is to restarting

4. 4. Add the ability to claim illegal vehicles at chop shop for 50% of the vehicles cost.

5. 5. Change Pyrgos HQ to allow for more HQ attacks. (I suggest removing the towers/Adding an alternate entrance)

Nerf qilins/prowlers by making them illegal and tripling the base price.

Qilin meta is too strong. If they arnt allowed in gang wars that should say something about how much they are wanted.

Move Spirit distillery closer to a main town so cops will check it. 

Spirit is almost never checked. Only SGT's seem to do it while on heli patrols. Moving it closer to a main town or road will increase the risk of running scotch and help cops make money. 

Remove how the Bank/Fed payout is decided upon how close the server is to restarting 

The best fed/bank payout is made when racing against the clock to get to rebel before restart. But with only hard restarts you lose the hemmit of gold if you dont make it. Also makes people not want to do consecutive banks/feds after a restart because the payout is abysmal.

Add the ability to claim illegal vehicles at chop shop for 50% of the vehicles cost.

Increase eveyones illegal vehicle inventory by allowing them to be claimed at the chop shop.

Change Pyrgos HQ to allow for more HQ attacks. (I suggest removing the towers/Adding an alternate entrance)

Pyrgos HQ has so much more defenses than any other HQ. Air HQ has 2 entrances and 2 deer stands compared to Pyrgos's one entrance, 3 deer stands, and 3 towers. It needs a nerf to allow gangs a fair chance at saving their friends.

After the success of the last thread I will add that by keeping this thread clean of personal attacks and other drama we may see some positive changes.

EthanS, Dally, Tyrese and 6 others like this
9 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

I love the suggestions but I disagree with this one. If you move the spirit distillery closer to a main town, the price of scotch will go down to compensate for the lesser distance you would have to travel (I'm assuming here, I'm not a developer). I'm not sure people will like that idea very much. A solution could be to increase the seizure price of new make scotch. Another solution could be for cops to just patrol spirit distillery more.

I'm in favour more of putting more activities further out to fill the emptiness on the map. I feel as though the map has a lot of empty space that can be filled.

1 minute ago, Samperino said:

I love the suggestions but I disagree with this one. If you move the spirit distillery closer to a main town, the price of scotch will go down to compensate for the lesser distance you would have to travel (I'm assuming here, I'm not a developer). I'm not sure people will like that idea very much. A solution could be to increase the seizure price of new make scotch. Another solution could be for cops to just patrol spirit distillery more.

I'm in favour more of putting more activities further out to fill the emptiness on the map. I feel as though the map has a lot of empty space that can be filled.

But you dont drive directly from the distillery to wongs to sell scotch. You will always age scotch in a house and then sell it. So no price decrease would occur. Coke castle wasnt that bad of a cap. But its distance kept it from being fought. The same applies to the spirit distillery. Its so far away that the cops dont check it.

6 minutes ago, Shakur said:

Would be better to remove qilins and prowlers, and its more enjoyable seeing ifrits in cartels rather then 10 qilins.

I thought the same thing but after talking with a few people it seems most are against a complete removal because hatchbacks/SUVS offer zero protection. Of course that begs the question of should everyone be allotted a cheap vehicle that offers a wall of protection against every gun in the server. Currently bad positioning is often gone unpunished because of the strength of qilins.

Masonn likes this
46 minutes ago, Samperino said:

I struggle to see how price would decrease for scotch if it was moved towards a main town? it would make scotch a more risky money making method. Lowering the price for making something more risky? I mean i can see the benefit of it being closer since people don't have to drive as far but it would only increase the risk as more people would look to kill people there.

Nerf qilins/prowlers by making them illegal and tripling the base price.

Qilins should just be removed it's stupid how you can literally pull up anywhere and hide behind the car and pretty much be covered. Should have to have more awareness of surroundings such as places you can take cover

already said

Remove how the Bank/Fed payout is decided upon how close the server is to restarting 

100% there should be more reward for rebels who actually play the bank to get the money out, imo the money scaling with cops online would be well balanced robbing the bank with like 7 people vs 4 cops at the end of  a restart to get like a 350k payout is pretty stupid.

Add the ability to claim illegal vehicles at chop shop for 50% of the vehicles cost.

Would be alot more fun since lets be fair most ifrits just get shedded when they're taken

Change Pyrgos HQ to allow for more HQ attacks. (I suggest removing the towers/Adding an alternate entrance)

Not really seen this being a issue tbh 3 towers you can drop on as a gang and pretty much kill everyone on the floor you can also use vans to hop over the H blocks from anywhere in the HQ aswell.

BTW thanks for actually putting some suggestions makes a change from the usual people saying everything is shit.

Edited by Mason Statham
adding
Walt and Nubis like this
2 hours ago, Shakur said:

Would be better to remove qilins and prowlers, and its more enjoyable seeing ifrits in cartels rather then 10 qilins.

I believe the cartel fighting meta has changed though since the introduction of Qillins / Prowlers / RPGs. Keeping track of 1 Ifrit and where it drops / is roaming is far easier than trying to keep track of 4/5 separate Qillins / Prowlers. Also, if you screw up driving an Ifrit, someone with a good shot can make you pay big time. 

At the same time, anyone on Server 2 knows it's not a good idea to pull an Ifrit if Drunk Squad is on the server; some members love their RPGs too much. Pulling separate Qillins is a counterbalance to losing a cartel fight in one RPG blast. Players can now 'shoot-and-scoot' thanks to the Qillin being a mini tank.

I'd personally +1 a price increase of Qillins / Prowlers (revert the inventory space nerf) and increased cost of RPGs as they're quite cheap (with Tier 4 community goals) for their respective power.

Just my 2 cents from a DS mong

@TryHardSqueaker Big +1 on "Add the ability to claim illegal vehicles at chop shop for 50% of the vehicles cost. " Why not any vehicle minus the ghost hawk / strider (possibly police hunters)?

Edited by Maaqs
Steve, TRYHARD, Lulz and 1 other like this
44 minutes ago, |CaSpEr| said:

Just give up already. None of this shit is gonna help the server. Asylum is a dead server and will remain dead. I know it might be hard but just let go.

we all know deep down u wanna play arma again but u wanna be on the wave with everyone saying "just let it die" so u can be cool

Edited by Marzoh
Walt, Big Fred, Steve and 5 others like this
Just now, TryHardSqueaker said:

If no qilin nerf happens I will add a poll for complete removal in my next post. But honestly the community seems very split on the issue so reply with other ways to limit their use. 

The problem is that i hate them at cartels but love them just for general getting around from point a to b because the hatches are just awful now

Maaqs, TRYHARD and Steve like this
Just now, jeans said:

@TryHardSqueaker @Maaqs @Shakur

what about adding something to balance qillins at cartels, rather than removing something.

No way to keep them from cartels besides adding something like an invisible spike strip that spans the free fire line and drug peninsula opening. Also RPGS's currently one shot ifrits so Im not sure if removing qilins completely would be beneficial right now. 

Vlad likes this
1 hour ago, jeans said:

@TryHardSqueaker @Maaqs @Shakur

what about adding something to balance qillins at cartels, rather than removing something.

Like @TryHardSqueaker said, you're not going to un-see them from cartels. This Qillin issue is almost a double-whammy. Not only are they mini-tanks and cheap, but RPGs are becoming popular at cartels (not just a DS thing anymore) and that means Ifrits are a no-go. 

• Sticking with the current situation we are at now = cartels become a bit stale and it's just shoot-and-scoot with Qillins. No other vehicle can compete with the Qillin.
  • Increasing price of Qillin / Prowler = I still think you'd see em plenty; DS will still RPG them without a second thought (xd) and call it worth.
  • Making Qillins / Prowlers illegal = you'll likely only see them for cartels or small drug runs (if 150 inventory space is brought back).
  • Increasing the cost of RPGs / launchers (right now, T4 community goals / without Arms and owning 1 turf - Launcher $7,500, rocket $30,000 is pretty damn cheap for their power IMO) = some smaller gangs might not be able to use em daily, but you'll still see em everyday from DS which I know the entire community hates lol.

The above points are just my thoughts for when DS does show up to a fight and what I've observed. I'm sure it's a bit different when you're (constantly) on the receiving end of DS vests / RPGs / speed bombs so I don't see these things as cancerous as others possibly do.

Edited by Maaqs
12 hours ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

Pyrgos HQ has so much more defenses than any other HQ. Air HQ has 2 entrances and 2 deer stands compared to Pyrgos's one entrance, 3 deer stands, and 3 towers. It needs a nerf to allow gangs a fair chance at saving their friends.

Wouldn't removing those lessen the HQ attacks. I would say most HQ attacks are actually from those. Heli comes in and drops people on tower and then proceed to shut down Pyrgos. That's just my opinion though

13 hours ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

Spirit is almost never checked. Only SGT's seem to do it while on heli patrols. Moving it closer to a main town or road will increase the risk of running scotch and help cops make money. 

20180930_190124.gif

I think spirit be moved any further down than Syrta. Putting it any closer to the main highway would make it too easy for the cops. Police as it is already get good coverage of the coke runs, and whenever they check meth it's usually by air. If meth is going to be out in the sticks it stands to reason the next best money maker should also be out of the way. Gives players a reason to go out there. 

11 hours ago, Maaqs said:

@TryHardSqueaker Big +1 on "Add the ability to claim illegal vehicles at chop shop for 50% of the vehicles cost. " Why not any vehicle minus the ghost hawk / strider (possibly police hunters)?

Mmmmmm the police impersonation possibilities would do my RP wonders. Please do this. 

Big Fred likes this
On 10/21/2018 at 1:37 PM, TryHardSqueaker said:

No way to keep them from cartels besides adding something like an invisible spike strip that spans the free fire line and drug peninsula opening. Also RPGS's currently one shot ifrits so Im not sure if removing qilins completely would be beneficial right now. 

i meant a weapon or something

• 2 weeks later...

#1 Votes don't support it, but I can remove the side doors from both cars, getting more people to use ifrits.
#2 Votes don't support it.
#3 This can be changed to a fixed price for 4 cops, with an increasing amount per cop online.
#4 Have a prototype I tried making, and we might have an old unused script for it.
#5 Votes don't support it.

TRYHARD and Fried Rice like this
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

#1 Votes don't support it, but I can remove the side doors from both cars, getting more people to use ifrits.
#3 This can be changed to a fixed price for 4 cops, with an increasing amount per cop online.
#4 Have a prototype I tried making, and we might have an old unused script for it.

just please do something with quilins, tired of seeing 15 people in their own quilin driving around at the cartel.

TRYHARD likes this
19 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

There is already minimum cop population numbers in place to do the events. Overall the payout change should be to promote more feds/banks. You could keep payout the same and just remove how more money is generated during the restart which is what the poll suggests and it currently has 76% approval. If its made so payout is determined by cop population you will never see banks/feds on server 3 and gangs willing to do those events will chose not too when they only see 5 cops online, so EU cops will experience an even lower amount of those events. 

The votes are there to make this how it was posted. I fail to see why it needs to be changed to something else. 

2 hours ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

There is already minimum cop population numbers in place to do the events. Overall the payout change should be to promote more feds/banks. You could keep payout the same and just remove how more money is generated during the restart which is what the poll suggests and it currently has 76% approval. If its made so payout is determined by cop population you will never see banks/feds on server 3 and gangs willing to do those events will chose not too when they only see 5 cops online, so EU cops will experience an even lower amount of those events. 

The votes are there to make this how it was posted. I fail to see why it needs to be changed to something else. 

It could be a flat base amount + cops online.For the bank, if there is 4 cops online the base payout could be 100k, going up from there each cop could add 20k, meaning a 10 cop bank would yield 220k. Obviously this could be adjusted. If necessary they could increase the base amount and decrease the amount it gives for each cop online.The fed might be a little bit trickier however I think the same concept still applies. If there is 5 cops online the base number of gold bars that spawns could be 7 which is a terribly low number and most gangs would consider that a bad fed payout. Every cop online would increase the bars spawned by 1. Though, most people don't do a fed unless there is at least 8 or 10 cops on anyways.

The main question I would have for this, is would the payout be determined by the number cops online at the start or at the end of the bank/fed? Because of how the fed script is ran I don't know if this would be possible, as far as I know the bars are spawned in already. Though for the bank I think it could be doable. An Ideal situation, at least for the bank would be the highest number of cops that were online between when the bank started and when the bank ended. That way if more log on to stop the bank the payout increases, but if they rage quit, your money doesn't go down the drain.

The best thing about this system is you would be more likely to see as a cop more then 1 bank/fed per restart. I don't play cop that often, but when I do it is so dry and boring. Whether the server is full or empty is irrelevant, I rarely see people at the drug fields/processors. It seems to be an equally rare thing to see a bounty on above 150k. Most of the time when I do catch someone running drugs it's a noob with an offroad. It would be good for rebels because it would encourage the bank and fed to be done more often, but it would also break up the monotony of playing cop.

21 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

By the way I like what you are doing here, this community has been through a very long drought of communication. It's pretty relieving to see a change.

27 minutes ago, Steve said:

It could be a flat base amount + cops online.For the bank, if there is 4 cops online the base payout could be 100k, going up from there each cop could add 20k, meaning a 10 cop bank would yield 220k. Obviously this could be adjusted. If necessary they could increase the base amount and decrease the amount it gives for each cop online.The fed might be a little bit trickier however I think the same concept still applies. If there is 5 cops online the base number of gold bars that spawns could be 7 which is a terribly low number and most gangs would consider that a bad fed payout. Every cop online would increase the bars spawned by 1. Though, most people don't do a fed unless there is at least 8 or 10 cops on anyways.

The main question I would have for this, is would the payout be determined by the number cops online at the start or at the end of the bank/fed? Because of how the fed script is ran I don't know if this would be possible, as far as I know the bars are spawned in already. Though for the bank I think it could be doable. An Ideal situation, at least for the bank would be the highest number of cops that were online between when the bank started and when the bank ended. That way if more log on to stop the bank the payout increases, but if they rage quit, your money doesn't go down the drain.

The best thing about this system is you would be more likely to see as a cop more then 1 bank/fed per restart. I don't play cop that often, but when I do it is so dry and boring. Whether the server is full or empty is irrelevant, I rarely see people at the drug fields/processors. It seems to be an equally rare thing to see a bounty on above 150k. Most of the time when I do catch someone running drugs it's a noob with an offroad. It would be good for rebels because it would encourage the bank and fed to be done more often, but it would also break up the monotony of playing cop.

Downsides of payout determined by cop population

Why do a bank with 5 cops online if you were to get the 120k payout? Might not seem worth it.

Why start a fed with 8 cops online if the population will jump to 15 within minutes and getting payout for 8 cops?

Why do banks/feds outside of Noon to Midnight EST? Not enough cops to make it worth it.

Why ever do a fed/bank on s3? Never enough cops to make it worth it.

@Gen. Henry Arnold 76% of community wants the payout at 45 minutes to restart to be the payout for the entire restart. Lets make it happen. No negative consequences.

We did A bank, Fed, and Prison last night and we had cops messaging us saying thanks for the fights. They arnt being done like they used to so cop life is getting stale. Every way the devs can find to increase fed/banks should be done because its fun for both cops and rebels.

Dally likes this
Just now, TryHardSqueaker said:

Downsides of payout determined by cop population

Why do a bank with 5 cops online if you were to get the 120k payout? Might not seem worth it.

Why start a fed with 8 cops online if the population will jump to 15 within minutes and getting payout for 8 cops?

Why do banks/feds outside of Noon to Midnight EST? Not enough cops to make it worth it.

Why ever do a fed/bank on s3? Never enough cops to make it worth it.

@Gen. Henry Arnold 76% of community wants the payout at 45 minutes to restart to be the payout for the entire restart. Lets make it happen. No negative consequences.

We did A bank, Fed, and Prison last night and we had cops messaging us saying thanks for the fights. They arnt being done like they used to so cop life is getting stale. Every way the devs can find to increase fed/banks should be done because its fun for both cops and rebels.

As I said the base level could be increased as needed.

So instead of the steady increase in bank payout per server uptime, what do you propose the payout be then? The way I have it set up is its a flat amount for 4 cops, a decent payout for 4 robbers at an equal match up. Each additional 2 cops raises the amount put into the pool, maxing out after a certain amount. There is also an unimplemented option that also can add a server up time multiplier to that increasing amount per cop, potentially giving you better payouts than you see now. And this can be calculated at the start of the bank to prevent cops logging from affecting your payout, or at the end, so that any increase in cops showing up can benefit you last minute.

Blake. likes this