Gang Life Ideas v.3

Gang Life Ideas v.3  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Nerf/Remove RPG's. (They currently one shot armored vehicles such as ifrits so adding the damage handler back would prevent that).

2. 2. Add "Civilian Representatives" that will be brought into dev meetings and discuss future changes.

3. 3. Make it so cops receive money for seizing vehicles based on the cost of the vehicle. (Seizing an ifrit should give the cops around 40k)

4. 4. Increase the minimum bounty able to get turned in by a bounty hunter to 10k (Please read my reasoning below before voting)

5. 5. Add the ability to get infamy for crafting illegal vehicles/weapons at black market

Doesnt matter if RPG's are the norm or not. Or even if they're fun. They are not balanced. No reason you should be able to shoot a projectile and instantly blow up any vehicle in the mission, armor or not. There is zero counter play.

Also gonna point out that they do not have RPG's on Olympus for this same reason. They are OP and no price tag will keep people away from using it.

Edited by TryHardSqueaker
EthanS, Sikorsky and Maaqs like this

Nerf/Remove RPG's.

Bro, hell no!  Give us potato pistol bangers a fucking chance. The RPG is the only way to kill anything outside of Kavala. 
(If it one-shots an Ifrit or a Hunter, it's broken though. RPGs should disable armored transports, not blowing them up.)

Add "Civilian Representatives" 

#TryHard4CM

Make it so cops receive money 

Fucking dirty money hungry cops. Stay off my meth trucks!

Increase the minimum bounty able to get turned in by a bounty hunter to 10k 

Actually, Yes.
(I hate it when you lockpick a vehicle and all of Kavala piles up at your front door. I wanna RP with cops, not run a gauntlet over a 1,5k bounty.)

Add the ability to get infamy for crafting

I'd say you're spot on here

On 10/24/2018 at 4:55 PM, TryHardSqueaker said:

As for the mass unbanning of players. With over 100 votes cast and 68 comments the thread was locked. The community clearly wants it to happen so why are the admins intervening in discussion? @bamf

Unbanning people to "fix" server pop is the worst possible idea ever.

Mason and Alec-I like this
13 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

Assuming the majority of the community doesn't use the forums and that they would vote against a mass unban. Solid logic.

32 minutes ago, HotWings said:

70% of the people who use the forums, and of course they do. It is their friends that are banned.   Solid logic.

If people don't use the forums/don't vote that's their problem. You're opinion will not be heard if you don't voice it.

TRYHARD, Donald and Dally like this
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

70% of the people who use the forums, and of course they do. It is their friends that are banned.   Solid logic.

you're never in game, all you do is sit on the forums arguing with people writing paragraphs on a gaming forum, delete your account already

Edited by Marzoh
Dally, Alec-I, TRYHARD and 2 others like this
On 10/22/2018 at 1:52 AM, TryHardSqueaker said:

Why is it considered robocopping to Seize trucks at the drug fields but no one cares when the hemmit that held gold bars get seized? Its not robocopping, its part of the risk of running drugs in large vehicles.

because it doesn't take 12 fucking people to run a hmmt of coke.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 0:43 AM, Steve said:

I admit Yusheng or someone else buys and RPG 80 percent of the time we fight another gang or cops. It really takes the fun out of it and it makes armor borderline useless. It's essentially a suicide vest that you can shoot. If they want to keep them in the server that's fine but the price of a rocket has to match the utility it has which is in my opinion, twice that of a suicide vest at the very least. I'm not trying to be a toxic little shit but at the end of the day, RPG's are just a crutch for people who are bad at the game. It's simply a fact that every single vehicle can be a taken down fairly easily without using one.

I mean you say using an RPG is a crutch for bad players but the same can be said for people who use armor to push certain positions and can drive up close almost in a bulletproof vehicle instead of fighting your way in close on foot and earning it, I don't think you can have one without the other 

4 minutes ago, Corn Dog Man said:

I mean you say using an RPG is a crutch for bad players but the same can be said for people who use armor to push certain positions and can drive up close almost in a bulletproof vehicle instead of fighting your way in close on foot and earning it, I don't think you can have one without the other 

I'm not the type to flame someone for stating their opinion, especially when they do so in a constructive manner. However as a consequence of me telling you my opinion, I'm about to tear you a new one with out necessarily intending to. Just note, I'm not really intending on calling you bad.

The armored vehicles that are in the servers are actually extremely weak in terms of the glass and the wheels, but in particularly the glass. A single 7.62 is more then capable of going straight through the glass and killing someone inside (in all 3, the ifrit, strider, and the hunter) I'm not claiming to be a legend in this game, however I have done it before and quite a few people have as well. And if 1 shot doesn't do it, 2 or 3 people mag dumping into the glass sure as you're born, definitely will. The same could be said for Orcas as well, as I'm sure you have seen at some point or another. Once you pickup on the gun mechanics, how recoil works and where/when to shoot the armor it becomes much more fluid and you begin to realize they are not as impenetrable as you once thought, either that or a shitty ifrit driver screws you and gets your whole gang or whoever you are playing with shot out in less then 5 seconds. Either way, you learn that the rpg's are not necessary, and they are indeed a crutch. The armored vehicles and especially the orcas are a shadow of what they were in terms of how tough they really are. As I stated in that same post, armored vehicles can be taken down very easily if you know what you are doing. I mean, seriously watch the montages that people post, even halfway decent players can do it.

Furthermore, pushing your way on foot is a death sentence if you are fighting experienced players. They won't peak when your hardaimer/the guy watching your back can do anything and they will expose themselves to you and only you if they are experienced. Pushing with armor unless you are versing bad players is the current meta for a reason;it's the only consistent way to get results unless you are versing inexperienced players. This is why ifrits are given to the attacking gang in gang wars. Again, I'm not trying to sound like an elitist prick, but if you still disagree with me after you see this for yourself in game you are wrong.

TRYHARD, Vlad and Donald like this
On 10/22/2018 at 7:41 AM, Maaqs said:

@Steve ? Not trying to be toxic, just a genuine question. If someone whiffs an RPG (which happens plenty) that's 30k down the drain; if that person dies before getting to fire off their RPG, that's an 70k+ loadout gone if they aren't rez'd.

I meant to reply to this specifically a few days ago but I didn't. I tested RPG's in the editor and I was able to hit shots on orcas between 400m and 600m away more then 9 times out of 10. I only played with them for a short while, the other thing is is that they are pretty hard to whiff. People won't shoot them at vehicles 300m away they will wait till they are close or standing perfectly still. If they continue to burn rockets on vehicles driving around beyond that distance, it's probably because they have more then a few to spare or the people they are with have more to spare. It would be a little better if you could not zero them, but that would not change the meta of people waiting till they are close.

Maaqs likes this
41 minutes ago, Steve said:

I'm not the type to flame someone for stating their opinion, especially when they do so in a constructive manner. However as a consequence of me telling you my opinion, I'm about to tear you a new one with out necessarily intending to. Just note, I'm not really intending on calling you bad.

The armored vehicles that are in the servers are actually extremely weak in terms of the glass and the wheels, but in particularly the glass. A single 7.62 is more then capable of going straight through the glass and killing someone inside (in all 3, the ifrit, strider, and the hunter) I'm not claiming to be a legend in this game, however I have done it before and quite a few people have as well. And if 1 shot doesn't do it, 2 or 3 people mag dumping into the glass sure as you're born, definitely will. The same could be said for Orcas as well, as I'm sure you have seen at some point or another. Once you pickup on the gun mechanics, how recoil works and where/when to shoot the armor it becomes much more fluid and you begin to realize they are not as impenetrable as you once thought, either that or a shitty ifrit driver screws you and gets your whole gang or whoever you are playing with shot out in less then 5 seconds. Either way, you learn that the rpg's are not necessary, and they are indeed a crutch. The armored vehicles and especially the orcas are a shadow of what they were in terms of how tough they really are. As I stated in that same post, armored vehicles can be taken down very easily if you know what you are doing. I mean, seriously watch the montages that people post, even halfway decent players can do it.

Furthermore, pushing your way on foot is a death sentence if you are fighting experienced players. They won't peak when your hardaimer/the guy watching your back can do anything and they will expose themselves to you and only you if they are experienced. Pushing with armor unless you are versing bad players is the current meta for a reason;it's the only consistent way to get results unless you are versing inexperienced players. This is why ifrits are given to the attacking gang in gang wars. Again, I'm not trying to sound like an elitist prick, but if you still disagree with me after you see this for yourself in game you are wrong.

My man, I have seen ifrits taken down but only if the driver puts the ifrit in a bad spot or there are several people shooting or maybe 1 or 2 MK-200's shooting at the tires but then again I have seen armored vehicles backing up while they push and don't make the windshield a target, the bottom line is if you have one without the other than it becomes a crutch because if the driver knows what he's doing then it ain't that easy to take out as you say unless there is a sui-vest present. speaking of going on foot, well I have been able to get into the red circle at a cartel many times without using armor and then they have to come to you or they cannot cap, I still say using ifrits is somewhat of a weak move or crutch because that tells me you don't feel confident doing it in another vehicle and you think you need the extra protection over let's say a prowler. I heard this same kina talk when they nerfed CSAT and you could not wear a carrier light vest with CSAT because so many people were bitching about the stacked armor being too tough to kill people and now the same bitching about the RPG's blowing up peoples ifrits and armored vehicles ( boo-fucking-hoo) deal with it and find a way to make it work, like bring 2 or 3 ifrits and you might lose one. bitching about RPG's just looks weak just like stacked armor bitching = weak 

Edited by Corn Dog Man
Just now, Corn Dog Man said:

My man, I have seen ifrits taken down but only if the driver puts the ifrit in a bad spot or there are several people shooting or maybe 1 or 2 MK-200's shooting at the tires but then again I have seen armored vehicles backing up while they push and don't make the windshield a target, the bottom line is if you have one without the other than it becomes a crutch because if the driver knows what he's doing than it ain't that easy to take out as you say unless there is a sui-vest present. speaking of going on foot, well I have been able to get into the red circle at a cartel many times without using armor and then they have to come to you or they cannot cap, I still say using ifrits is somewhat of a weak move or crutch because that tells me you don't feel confident doing it in another vehicle and you think you need the extra protection over let's say a prowler. I heard this same kina talk when they nerfed CSAT and you could not wear a carrier light vest with CSAT because so many people were bitching about the stacked armor being too tough to kill people and now the same bitching about the RPG's blowing up peoples ifrits and armored vehicles ( boo-fucking-hoo) deal with it and find a way to make it work, like bring 2 or 3 ifrits and you might lose one. bitching about RPG's just looks weak just like stacked armor bitching = weak 

RPG's were not needed in the game when the ifrits and orcas were tanks, then why are they needed now. Try footpushing a cap with 10+ people in it, unless they are tabbed out it's not happening.

Let's be honest, how many times do you see 10+ at a cartel?  not very often   

When you are fighting an experienced gang, it's quite frequent. I know it's not really a common thing as of late but that's how it was for years.

Edited by Steve
Just now, Steve said:

When you are fighting an experienced gang, it's quite frequent. I know it's not really a common thing as of late but that's how it was for years.

Well yes it   was that way on a consistent level but not too much anymore and I have 6K hours in asylum and I am the 5th richest person on the servers and I am 2nd all-time in war points and that does not mean I am better than you or anyone in the game but I have experience and I feel my opinion is valid 

Well yes it   was that way on a consistent level but not too much anymore and I have 6K hours in asylum and I am the 5th richest person on the servers and I am 2nd all-time in war points and that does not mean I am better than you or anyone in the game but I have experience and I feel my opinion is valid 

being rich and having high war points doesn't mean all that much.

TRYHARD and Vlad like this
Just now, Steve said:

being rich and having high war points doesn't mean all that much.

I will tell you what it does mean, I don't cry when I lose an ifrit to an RPG because I can purchase many of them and because I am rich it gives me the freedom when fighting because I don't care very much when I lose vehicles or gear and yes the only thing war points means is I have been to a lot of cartels 

1 minute ago, Corn Dog Man said:

I will tell you what it does mean, I don't cry when I lose an ifrit to an RPG because I can purchase many of them and because I am rich it gives me the freedom when fighting because I don't care very much when I lose vehicles or gear and yes the only thing war points means is I have been to a lot of cartels 

I have 7 mil so I'm not worried either about losing an ifrit because I also have a gang bank to comp the ifrit. It's the principle that a bad player with an rpg can blowup my ifrit and kill everyone inside because they can point and click. It's simply stupid, when I get shot out of an ifrit, It's my mistake and avoidable, rpgs are no where near as avoidable.

Edited by Steve
Just now, Steve said:

I have 7 mil so I'm not worried either about losing an ifrit because I also have a gang bank to comp the ifrit. It's the principle that a bad player with an rpg can blowup my ifrit and kill everyone inside because they can't point and click. It's simply stupid, when I get shot out of and ifrit, It's my mistake and avoidable, rpgs are no where as avoidable.

easy fix, when me and my guys go into a cartel we NEVER all go in one vehicle because you can all die at once, instead, we all go in single vehicles and if you take let's say 2 or 3 ifrits you might lose one but not before the other ifrits can do their thing. I don't know why you keep saying a guy using an RPG is bad ?? but you see without an RPG you said it yourself when I get shot out of the ifrit it's my mistake and avoidable, so that means if you drive the ifrit correctly it's an advantage to push with unless you make a mistake as the driver = a crutch  having something like an RPG makes things a little more even 

easy fix, when me and my guys go into a cartel we NEVER all go in one vehicle because you can all die at once, instead, we all go in single vehicles and if you take let's say 2 or 3 ifrits you might lose one but not before the other ifrits can do their thing. I don't know why you keep saying a guy using an RPG is bad ?? but you see without an RPG you said it yourself when I get shot out of the ifrit it's my mistake and avoidable, so that means if you drive the ifrit correctly it's an advantage to push with unless you make a mistake as the driver = a crutch  having something like an RPG makes things a little more even 

You're mistaken, I said it's my mistake when I get shot out, not when I get blown up from 400m away while dropping a team mate off. They are armored vehicles for a reason, they are meant to provide some sort of security and the rpgs take away that security. By the way, people do take 10 vehicles to cap now and its aids as fuck. They literally zerg cap with qilins and prowlers surrounding it in seconds, hence why people want them nerfed. Tell you what, come play with my gang for a couple of days and I will show you exactly what I mean.

Maaqs likes this
Just now, Steve said:

You're mistaken, I said it's my mistake when I get shot out, not when I get blown up from 400m away while dropping a team mate off. They are armored vehicles for a reason, they are meant to provide some sort of security and the rpgs take away that security. By the way, people do take 10 vehicles to cap now and its aids as fuck. They literally zerg cap with qilins and prowlers surrounding it in seconds, hence why people want them nerfed. Tell you what, come play with my gang for a couple of days and I will show you exactly what I mean.

My man I am not mistaken, I knew what you were saying about being shot out by a gun (no RPG ) but that was my point, that if you drive the ifrit correctly it is an advantage because there is no sure way of stopping an ifrit if the driver is good but an RPG adds some flavor to the fight and now people are bitching about the prowlers and qillins at cartels and I find that kind of funny, I mean whatever happened to dealing with the problem and making it work ? to many people want things made easier for them without as much resistance and I just find that to weak, I mean get some snipers in place and when the ifrits go in and the RPG guy sits up to shoot, a sniper should pick him off 

1 minute ago, Steve said:

I mean when I see several guys in drug cartel tower i put snipers in place to watch the top and then i drive in with a sui-vest and blow the tower up and kill who is in the tower as well

I mean when I see several guys in drug cartel tower i put snipers in place to watch the top and then i drive in with a sui-vest and blow the tower up and kill who is in the tower as well

The smart gang doesn't put everyone in the tower, and if they have more then say 5 people, you aren't going to be able to get the vest off most of the time.

Just now, Steve said:

The smart gang doesn't put everyone in the tower, and if they have more then say 5 people, you aren't going to be able to get the vest off most of the time.

well I didn't say I would kill the entire gang with a sui-vest, I just said whoever is in the tower, also I will go in the tower alone when capping and have my guys on the ground and I will entice them to push the tower and then when they are near the top BOOM I kill them all with a sui-vest and get revived 

Edited by Corn Dog Man